Status: Completed

My Blood on Your Lips, Your Money in My Bra

Survival

The first punch came as a surprise to me. There hadn't been a vampire in front of me before...Instead of hitting the floor, I fell into another vampire. The result was a set of fangs in the side of my neck. A strand of my blood-red hair was caught in the bite, tugging at it a bit and making this all the more uncomfortable. I winced, ramming myself back into the male a few times in hopes of making him loosen his hold. He did, but only when I hit him hard enough to send us both to the floor. I was jerked to my feet almost immediately, however, then carelessly tossed across the room into the arms of another vampire, this one female. She smiled down at me, wearing a cruel, mean smile that plainly told of the pain I was about to be dealt. She then bit into my already bleeding throat, tearing through the flesh roughly with her sharp teeth. I cried out, but that only egged her on. She bit into me again, jerking back even more roughly than before to create two gashes, both so deep that they would have proven fatal to a human. I was soon yanked out of her grasp, however, pulled into the arms of a pair of males.

I shrieked when I felt more than the two bites I'd expected. The males were biting into my neck, and a few others had gone for my arms, my legs, even my sides. My shirt was torn from my body to allow the bloodsuckers easier access. But that wasn't enough for them. My bra was also ripped away, a pair of vampires, one male and one female, quickly latching on to the sides of my breasts. I screamed again, this one ending in a sob as I felt a vampire lift my skirt, biting a spot just below my ass.

My knees buckled, but it made no difference. The vampires simply fell with me, all kneeling on the floor around me and picking new parts to bite. Vaguely, beyond all of the pain, I felt blood dripping down my body, sticky and carrying its sweet, enticing scent of candy.

My vision began to dim in a matter of seconds, and I couldn't help wondering at how quickly this had happened. I had expected to at least get a bit of a fight in before they all fell on me...

Suddenly, my body went numb. Then, everything went black.

But it all came back in a rush, my sight, my hearing, everything. And it was heightened. The feelings were overwhelming, the pain I felt clashing with the satisfaction I could feel flowing from them, the blood lust and the need. It all felt as if it were my own.

And I liked it.

I was on my feet all of a sudden, vampires on the floor all around me, blood still dripping down their pale chins. I looked at them, noting their wide, frightened eyes and how they didn't seem too eager to come after me again. The ones still on their feet at the edges of the room were wearing the same expression, none of them moving any closer to me.

I snarled at them, the sound much more animalistic than I'd ever heard it before. I rushed at the closest vampire, a male on the floor, and bit into his neck like he'd bitten into mine. I tore through his throat with fangs I didn't remember having a moment ago, brutally ripping his head from his body. He barely had time to let out a pained cry before he became ashen and unmoving, the first of the many victims I planned to leave dead that night.

I lurched to my feet, pouncing on another vampire and doing to her what I'd done to the male. Just as I finished her, the other vampires finally snapped out of their frightened trance and started toward me once again.

A vampire grabbed a handful of my hair and jerked me off of the woman's corpse. Another went for my throat as I was lifted to my feet, but he never reached me. I lashed out with a quick kick to the jaw that would've snapped a human's neck. All it did to the vampire was send him back a few feet. He landed against the wall in a heap, completely disoriented. The vampire who'd grabbed onto my hair released me, deciding to grab for my neck now. I bit into his wrist before he could touch me, however, ripping his hand from his arm in one tug. He cried out, holding up the bloody stump and looking at it in shock, and I moved on to my next victim, another male, without a thought.

This one stood his ground, glaring at me as I advanced on him. I lunged, and he aimed a punch at my stomach. I dodged it with the eerie speed of a vampire, however, then continued my attack and tackled the male. We fell to the floor, and he promptly tried to hit me in the face. I dodged his fist with ease and sank my fangs into his neck, my mouth rapidly filling with the cool, rich blood of a vampire. I savored the taste for a second, but knew I had to move on when he started kicking at me. I ripped out the front of his throat, tossing the bloody chunk aside, then went for what I saw of his spine, biting through it to finish the job. It seemed my teeth had gotten stronger, as this proved to be an easy enough feat.

As I got to my feet, I felt myself leaving, my consciousness slipping away. Vaguely, I could feel that I was standing, that I was moving. I could almost taste the blood that was filling my mouth once more, feel my teeth in someone else's flesh. But then, all sensation was gone. Yet I knew that I was still moving...

-

When I came back to myself, my senses no longer heightened and my body finally still, I found myself lying on the floor, my eyes on the ceiling. It took me a moment to notice that someone was beside me, slowly lapping blood from various places on my body. Now, their tongue was lightly taking the blood from my cheek, careful to avoid the shallow cuts there. Oddly enough, they were almost healed, but they still stung a bit.

I looked over and saw Kai, his eyes closed and his tongue still against my skin. He opened his amber eyes and let them meet mine, lacking any of the hostility they'd held during our meeting in the kitchen. They were tranquil now, the male's entire expression one of complete calm.

"Your blood is good," he told me softly as he leaned away from my face, now interested in what was on my stomach. "Some of it has been diluted by the blood of the vampires you killed, though." He licked my skin gently, letting out a soft sound of satisfaction. "Except for here," he whispered, his breath heavy against my belly. "Here, it's pure." He licked me again, then went on lapping up the blood, soon moving to my neck. The wounds here had been so severe that they were barely healed now. I braced myself, expecting him to hit one of the deep gashes at some point, but the pain never came. He was very skillful with his tongue, it seemed, as he was able to maneuver easily between each individual wound without even brushing them.

"Where is everyone?" I asked after a moment, speaking in a whisper because the house was so unnervingly quiet. I heard only silence besides the sounds of Kai's tongue against my bloody skin.

"Downstairs," the werewolf answered. He went on, speaking between licks. "Only a few of us made it."

I swallowed, afraid to ask the question I knew I had to. "Who...who made it?"

His eyes met mine once more, serious now. "Your two made it, the necromancer and the vampire. Hale is still alive as well. And Talli, Tails, Mavix, and maybe others...I'm not sure." We gazed at each other for a few more seconds, then he went back to licking the blood from my flesh.

"If you don't mind my asking, why are you the only one here with me? Or...why am I not with the others?"

He shrugged. "Everyone collapsed in the living room. Your vampire might have come by, but you were hidden by a few corpses, so it's possible that he didn't even see you. They probably think you're dead."

"And you haven't bothered to tell them otherwise?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow down at the male.

"You smelled good," he said simply, as if that were a perfectly normal, acceptable answer.

I sighed. "Is there any chance that you'd be willing to take me to them?"

He looked at me again, leaning back a little. "And why should I? I'm perfectly fine here."

"Yes, but I-" His tongue found a blood-covered nipple, completely distracting me from what I was saying. His eyes were on me now, his tongue slowly continuing around my nipple in spite of the fact that it was free of blood by now. "What are you doing?"

"Turning you on, apparently." He then went on without a word, beginning to clean off the rest of my breast. I glared at him and waited for him to finish.

Finally, he leaned away from me, leaving me free to sit up. "Will you take me to them now?"

"You want to go to them half naked?"

"Does it matter? I'm sure they've all seen breasts before."

He shrugged, getting to his feet now. "Can you walk at all?"

"I'm not sure..." I stood, remaining on my feet for only a moment before beginning to fall back toward the ground. My legs weren't willing to hold my weight now, my entire body weakened too far by...whatever it was I'd done. Kai caught me, keeping me from hitting the floor, and I immediately began to tremble.

"I guess not," the werewolf mumbled in that rough voice of his, hoisting me into his arms and starting for the door.

As we walked, I looked around the room, shocked by the number of vampire corpses strewn across the floor. There were even piles of them in some places, four or more broken bodies lying in puddles of blood, and more limbs, arms, hands, feet, even ears, scattered about than I could believe. What had I done...?

"I found her," the werewolf proclaimed as we entered the living room. The body count here was lower than in the study, but not by much. It was a lot cleaner, though, lacking the piles of bodies and the various limbs all over the place.

On the two couches and few chairs sat the survivors, Eli, Kyrianna, Hale, the girl with the brown-red hair I'd saved, a male who shared some of her basic facial features, and two other male werewolves. All of them were solemn, bloody, and wounded, each of them lucky to be alive.

"Is she the only one left?" Hale questioned, not seeming to care that I had made it. Or that I was half naked. Eli and Kyrianna, on the other hand, were already on their feet and at my side. Kai handed me over to Eli without a word, then headed over to Hale.

"Yes," he answered. "The rest are dead." Hale nodded solemnly at this, his eyes dropping to the floor at his feet.

"Are you all right?" Eli asked softly as he carried me to the couch he'd been sitting on with Kyrianna, gently laying me down on the bloody cushions.

"I think so," I answered, my voice just as quiet. "I feel a little weak, but after killing a massive hoard of vampires, I guess that's to be expected."

He nodded, a tiny smile showing for an instant before disappearing again. "I guess so."

"Where were you?" Kyrianna asked, kneeling next to the couch beside my head. "We looked for you, but..."

"I was in the study. Kai said I was hidden from view, though." I glanced toward the werewolf, finding him deep in conversation with Hale. That didn't stop his amber eyes from darting to me, however, feeling my gaze upon him. Our eyes met for a mere second, then he turned back to Hale as if nothing had happened.

"Well, there were a lot of bodies," Kyrianna murmured, looking away from me. She seemed almost afraid of me, and as much as I didn't like it, I couldn't blame her. The carnage had been rather disturbing...

"Mm," Eli agreed, his brow furrowing. "How did that happen, anyway?"

"I have no idea," I answered. "One minute, I was getting slaughtered. Then..."

"Then?" Eli urged me on.

"I...don't really know. I just..." I paused, searching desperately in my mind for a way to explain what had happened. "I kind of felt like a...vampire, I guess...and after a few kills, I don't remember anything at all..."

"You felt like a vampire?" Kyrianna cocked her head, her expression so serious now that it had me concerned.

I nodded. "Yes. I was faster and stronger...and I think I had the fangs, too."

"Do you...still have the fangs?" She seemed too hesitant to ask, her voice too fearful and her face suddenly too worried. I didn't like this at all.

"I'm not sure." Luckily, Eli was kind enough to find out for me. Quickly, he pulled my upper lip away from my teeth; and judging by the relief that entered Kyrianna's glowing pink eyes, I was no longer sporting a set of fangs.

"Are you sure you had fangs?" the girl asked as she sat down on the edge of the couch. "Maybe you just imagined them."

I shrugged, suddenly unsure of everything that I thought I remembered from the night. "Maybe."

"What do we do now?" Eli asked, turning his attention to Hale, whose conversation with Kai had long since ended.

"We gather the dead and clean up the house," the werewolf answered while getting to his feet. He glanced at me and added, "Except for you. I want you to stay here with Kai."

I was slightly confused by this, but Kai looked as if he knew the meaning of this. "All right."

I watched as the other werewolves left the room, followed by Eli and Kyrianna, neither of whom looked too eager to leave. But I was soon alone with Kai, anyway, the Were hovering over me at the couch's edge.

"Why have I been left with you?" I couldn't help asking, eying the male suspiciously as he kneeled beside the couch. The way he was looking me over made me a bit uneasy.

"Because," he began, his rough voice a soft whisper, "I'm in need of your services." And with that, he sank his abnormally large fangs into my still-wounded neck, placing a hand firmly over my mouth before I could even think to scream.