Status: Completed

My Blood on Your Lips, Your Money in My Bra

The Possibility of Punishment

"You have to stop this, Derrick," I said softly to the male at my door. He'd come just as I was leaving, and the pitiful frown he was wearing made me want to stay with him. I couldn't, though. I knew that keeping Brandon waiting wasn't smart. I'd been two minutes late to one of our appointments once, and...well, let's just say I never planned to show up late again.

"I don't think I can," Derrick whispered, his blue eyes dropping to the floor at his feet.

I sighed, shaking my head slowly. "You can. You will. Just find some way to keep your mind off of my blood, and I'm sure you'll soon forget all about me." I glanced back into my apartment at the clock on the wall. It was the only non-digital one in the place, hanging on the wall above the kitchen doorway, and it said 10:23. I had exactly seven minutes to get from here to Brandon's place.

Great. Just fucking great.

"I'm really sorry, Derrick, but I have to go." I kept my voice as empty as possible, trying to keep him from realizing how irritated I was now. "Why don't you call me sometime later? We can talk more then."

"But..." He trailed off as he watched me step out of my apartment to stand in the hallway beside him. I pulled the door shut behind myself and looked up at the poor guy.

"Later, Derrick." And with that, I walked away, the stiletto heels of my boots clicking against the floor. I felt Derrick's eyes on me, but I didn't let myself look back, and soon, I was gone.

-

"Sorry I'm late, Brandon," I said as I stepped into the vampire's apartment at 10:31. "Someone stopped by just as I was trying to leave."

I shut the door behind myself and looked around. This place always seemed so strange to me. Unlike the homes of most vampires, this one was brightly lit. And the curtains were actually pulled away from the windows at night. It was weird, especially since Brandon was such an aggressive male. He was one of the darkest, meanest vampires I knew. Hiding the wounds he gave me was always fun.

After a moment of silence, I took another step into the apartment. "Brandon?"

There was nothing for a few more seconds. Then, suddenly... "Boo."

I jumped and spun, finding the vampire I'd come to see standing conveniently between me and the door. "Asshole," I said simply, my gray eyes narrowing in a glare. They turned amethyst as I shifted to my necromantic form, their slight glow almost daring him to try something.

"At least I'm on time," he retorted coolly, gently laying a hand on the side of my neck.

I fought the urge to step back, merely holding myself still and glaring into his dark gray eyes. They were almost the same color as the ones I had in my human form. "I'm only a minute late," I stated, as if that would help me somehow.

In an instant, I was slammed against the door, both of the vampire's pale hands around my neck. I couldn't breathe. I gritted my teeth as I gripped his wrists, trying to force him off of me. Just as the glow of my eyes began to brighten, he loosened his hold and kissed me. I returned the kiss in spite of the fact that his hands were still resting on my throat.

His hands slid down after a moment, gliding over my barely-covered breasts, then sliding around to fit between my back and the door. He unzipped the slutty, strapless leather mini-dress I was wearing and slid it off of me without breaking the kiss. He lifted me up once the garment was around my feet, and I let it slide to the floor before I wrapped my legs around him. I had one arm around his neck, the other working on unzipping my boots behind his back. One came off quickly, the other one, even quicker as the feel of my breasts against his bare chest further aroused me.

God, was I glad he'd shown up shirtless.

He slid me back onto a nearby table and pulled away, smirking as he watched me watch him, panting and horny as hell. He knew I didn't usually want my clients like I always wanted him, so it was only natural that he was so arrogant when it came to these things.

He removed his jeans with a taunting slowness, his eyes remaining on mine. I slipped my own panties off to eliminate that extra step later on.

Once his black boxers were out of the way, he was on me again. He pulled me forward and rammed himself into me with a roughness I enjoyed more than anyone should. I didn't make a sound until he bit me, though, his fangs sinking into a spot low on my neck. I let out a soft groan, my arms now around his neck. One hand ended up tangled in shaggy black hair while the other clawed at his back.

He set a steady, albeit rapid rhythm and slid his fangs out of my neck, biting into a spot higher on my throat a second later. The hand I had in his hair moved to the back of his neck, my other hand already making his back bleed where I continued to claw him too much.

He had a hold of my hips now, a guttural growl escaping him as he neared his climax. He didn't let himself go, however, even stopping when he felt me come dreadfully close to my own. He pulled himself out of me and stood there, still holding my hips. My arms remained around him even after he removed his fangs from my throat.

I glared up at him as he smirked down at me. "You were late," he told me simply.

"You already choked me for that."

"That just didn't seem like enough of a punishment to me."

"You're punishing yourself, too, you know."

"I'm not. I come to you for blood, not sex." His smirk grew as a hand moved slowly from my hip to my thigh. "I'm sated," he whispered in my ear, leaning close to me. His thumb brushed my clit, and my back arched as I hissed softly. He laughed a low, sexy laugh. "You're not."

"You can't honestly tell me you don't want to finish," I almost growled at him.

"I can," he said simply.

I reached down and grabbed him with the hand I'd had on his neck, causing him to let out a hiss of his own. "Really, now?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow at him as he leaned back to look at my face.

"You should go," he told me after glaring at me for a moment, his voice a low hiss. He took my wrist and moved my hand away from him roughly, the powerful jerk causing me to slide off of the table and into him. "Bad things will happen otherwise." Yet, even after telling me to leave, he continued to hold my wrist.

His grip was, much like Eli's, far too tight, though I knew Brandon wasn't doing this on accident. He bared his fangs at me as I leaned against him, merely gazing into his eyes. The glow of my amethyst irises brightened suddenly, and he didn't have time to look away.

His eyes remained narrowed, but his lips fell to cover his teeth. I forced his hold on my wrist to loosen as well.

"Relax, Brandon," I murmured to the male, my head falling to rest on his shoulder. Now that I had control of him, my consciousness swirling around in his body, mingling with his dark, aggressive mentality, my eyes didn't need to remain locked on his. That was just how I slipped myself into my victims.

A low growl rumbled deep in his throat, and I smiled. He was angry, and he could do nothing about it.

It was nice.

I stepped back after a few seconds, looking back up into his eyes. My irises were still glowing brightly, creating a purple light that colored his cheeks and eyes. His hand slipped from my wrist and fell to his side, though a slight glare remained on his face.

"Evil, aren't I?" I asked in a low, seductive purr as my hand brushed against him. He growled again, and I turned. "Sorry," I said insincerely while gathering up my clothes. I watched him as I dressed, mildly amused by his helplessness.

I wasn't getting laid, but hey. This was still fun.

Once I was dressed, I went back to the paralyzed male. His consciousness had stopped trying to batter mine, so I let my hold on him wane a little. I leaned up to place a gentle kiss on his pale lips, my hand resting lightly on his throat. He barely returned it.

I took a step back, my hand sliding away from his neck as I looked up at him. He really didn't look too happy at the moment.

"Good bye, Brandon." I finally turned from him, quickly locating his pants and pulling a dark wallet from a back pocket. He wouldn't have stopped me from taking my pay even if I hadn't had a hold of him.

"You're such a bitch," the male stated, glaring at me when my eyes met his once more.

"I know," I replied with a smile. I slipped six twenties and a ten out of the wallet, then shoved it back into its pocket and dropped the pants. "I can't be too bad, though. I am giving you a discount, after all. I haven't done much for you this evening." I neatly folded the money and slipped it into my top.

"How much are you saving me?"

"About two hundred bucks. Five hundred, if you count the discount you already get because I like you."

"Hn," was all he had to say to that.

I chuckled with a shake of my head. "Good bye, Brandon," I said again while making my way toward the door. I released my hold on him as soon as I was out of the apartment.

-

The air outside the building was cooler now. Less people were moving about. Less cars, less lights, less noise. I couldn't help but enjoy it.

Such peace, however, couldn't last long for me.

The heavy presence of a certain vampire joined me once I rounded a corner and started down an alley. It seemed more edgy than usual, more tense. I usually found it soothing, but tonight...

"Eli," I began without looking back at where I knew the male was walking along behind me, "is something wrong?" I hadn't seen him since he'd tried to get to my blood. Was that still bothering him? Did he still want a taste?

"No," the vampire lied as he ghosted up beside me. "Well...nothing you can help with."

"Ah." Maybe he just needed to feed...I really couldn't help him with that.

"Mhm." He fell silent for a moment, then he glanced down at me. "You need to get rid of the nice on," he said simply.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Derrick?"

He nodded once, looking straight ahead again. "Yes. Him."

I sighed. "I've tried to get him to forget about me. He just won't do it. He doesn't seem to care that Terrence will torture him to death if he's discovered."

"You realize, too, that I'll more than likely be punished if he's found, right?"

My steps faltered, and eventually, I stopped walking altogether. "Oh, yeah." The thought had never entered my mind before. But it did make sense. Eli had lied to Terrence about killing Derrick. If Terrence learned that Derrick was still alive...

"Make him leave the city, maybe even the state," Eli said as he stopped in front of me.

"And if I can't?" I asked, though the answer was obvious.

Eli's gaze hardened. "It's either him or me."

"I'd kill him in a heartbeat," I said without hesitation.

"I hope so."

Without a word, we both turned and began walking again. I stared straight ahead the entire time while Eli's eyes sometimes fell on me. For some reason, whenever I felt him looking at me, I also felt a bit of tension ease out of the air around him.

I should have asked why, but instead...I was just glad I could help.

He was too innocent for me.