Status: Completed?

FoREVer Friends The Pretty Bird Sings

Doctor Visits Such A Miracle

I sat starring at all the patients in the waiting room, it was all the glares that our little group was receiving that made me want to crawl away and die in a hole.

“Don’t worry Dove.” whispered a voice close to my ear. I nodded and looked down at my ring glad fingers and my bouncing knee.

“Miss Childs, the doctor will see you now.” said an elderly nurse. I looked up with wide eyes as Brian and Leana tugged me from my spot from the chair. I gripped Brian’s arm as the nurse walked us to a room. Sitting down on the most uncomfortable table ever created. Leana handed me a water bottle. I took a sip of the water loving the feeling of it soothing my sore throat.

“You need to relax, Sammy.” said Leana with a worried look.

“I know.” I whispered.

Brian smiled softly and glanced between the three of us.

“I think this is a good thing Dove, you can talk now it’s nice to hear your voice again after so long.” he whispered.

I looked up at him and smiled softly. “If only Jimmy were here, I know he would be jumping up and down with excitement.” I said grinning at the two of them. They both nodded laughing softly.

“Of course he would, your his dove, he loved your voice when you had it.” said Leana as she hugged me.

We sat in silence for a while waiting for the doctor to walk in Leana hadn’t left my side and held my hand while my knee continued to bounce.

“The guys are worried.” said Brian as he checked his text message he had received.

“You can tell them Bri, I thought you would of by now.” I said glancing at him.

“It could of slipped from my mind.” said Brian.

“Tell them, they’ll be excited they haven’t heard her talk since high school either.” said Leana.

Brian nodded and I watched his finger move across his phone.

I heard the door knob jiggle and in walked my doctor since I moved to the states so long ago.

“Samantha what is this surprise visit, you weren’t supposed to come in for a couple more weeks.” he asked sitting in his chair.

“You see Doctor..”

“Williams.”

“Doctor Williams, something happened last night and Sammy woke up from sleeping and called Brian and she started talking.” said Leana as I gripped her hand tightly.

Doctor Williams eyes widen as he looked over at me. “Is this true Sam?” he asked standing up. He was the one that had said I probably would never be able to talk again.

“Yes.” I whispered. He smiled at me and looked over at Brian and Leana.

“This is amazing, absolutely amazing.” he said “What do you think brought you to talk.” he asked.

“umm.”

“My husband passed away about a week ago, and Sam and he were really close.” said Leane.

“I see.” he said nodding. “my condolences.” he added.

“Thank you.”

“I had a dream. That’s what happened before I woke up, I was dreaming about the past. Before it happened.” I said.

“It’s still a miracle.” said Doctor Williams.

“It is.” said Brian