Status: Slow updates? Comment? Banner?

A Melody, a Memory

Things Get Better

“Keri.” I heard Brian call walking in as Pinkly and Max ran to the door when it opened.

We had been married for a year now. Something’s changed, something’s were now different. But I was glad that things were they way they should have been.

“Kitchen.” I called while getting on the stool by the pantry so that I could put the box of Golden Grahams up.

Because I wasn’t doing anything today I had decided to rearrange things in the house. I had done the bookshelf by size and alphabetical order. Then I had done the CD’s and records the same way. Now I was doing the pantry.

“How was- what in the world?” He said seeing everything on the counters. “What are you doing?”

“Rearranging the pantry. Everything was out of place. Can you hand me the crackers?”

He furrowed his eyebrows and handed them to me. “Um Ker, you did this yesterday.”

“No, yesterday I did it by the food pyramid, today it’s by the shape.” I corrected.

Sure, lately I had too much time on my hands. I cut back on surfing and started painting like crazy. At one point I almost started doing the walls. Brian kept the same look on his face as I got down to do the cans.

“So I was thinking, what if we repainted the walls in here. I think cranberry would look better than the olive we have-.”

“Babe, are you okay? You seem a bit… Off.” He said in an easy way trying not to offend me I’m guessing.

Brian’s POV

I didn’t want to say anything that would piss her off. I couldn’t tell if she was happy, or snappy or what. Yesterday I came home to the bookshelf being bare and cups and plate from the cabinets on the counters because she didn’t like the way they looked. Now she wants to paint and has the pantry by food groups, well size now.

“Yeah I’m fine.” She laughed getting back on the stool.

“No, no,, no.” I said bringing her back down and putting my hands on her arms. “Are you sure?”
She twisted her mouth like she normally did when she was thinking. “Well there is one small thing.” She shrugged.

“And?” I asked looking into the green hazel eyes.

A smile came up on her face and her eyes light up a little more which only caused me to look at her more skeptically.

Keri’s POV

It kind of seemed like things paused for a moment (even the look on his face), only because I started to think. We had been through a lot and things had finally started to work. I started to love him more everyday. I got happier everyday and I was sure of things for once. Everything was finally in place and the way that it should be.

“I’m pregnant.”

And going to get beter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the last chapter (sorry it took so long!) I hope you enjoyed the story. Read my other ones. I think I may start another one soon!