Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter 3; Confusion and Feelings

ImageImageImageImageImage

It's been five days since my rekindled friendship with Logan. So far we had done absolutely nothing, honest. Then again, it was a school week so why would we do much? Today was friday, meaning that tonight at approximately 7 pm, I was going to see a movie with Logan.

The idea of going to a movie with Logan of all people, was very farfetched to me. I barley ever hang out with my good friends, now I was going to a movie with a new friend? I couldn't ignore this strange feeling of becoming more social so, I also invited my good friends: Charlotte, Aurora, Ben and Jack. They all were extremely surprised that I invited them somewhere for one, it felt good.

The school day was rolling by slowly, it was now fourth period. Meaning I had 45 minutes until my lunch break. I took a seat in the middle of the room to the right of Ben and to my left sat an empty desk. I drew my eyes across the room taking in the new posters Mr. Simmons had put up of Astronomy. My eyes glistened as I stared at them happily. My daze was soon broken as I heard a voice capture my mind.

“Hey Seph, hows it going?” I look to my left to see the empty desk now occupied by Charlotte. I hold a conversation with her for a few minutes before trailing my eyes to the door. I was a little confused, I hadn't seen Logan all day. I know it's strange to become obsessive after being friends for five days but, I felt as if we really connected.

Mr. Simmons calls attendance and receives disoriented grunts from the classroom when their names were called. After my teacher finishes his role call he assigns us a project. The project is to, in class map out all the constellations we can in the sky without looking any up. 'Piece of cake,' I think to myself before getting started. I easily recognize Libra, Hercules, the galaxy Andromeda, and Delphinus. By the time the class ends I have almost all the map filled out, completely satisfied with myself I hand it too Mr. Simmons. He thanks me, grazing his eyes over my work before ushering my out the door along with my other classmates.

I sigh while walking to my horrendously small locker. I fix my Coldplay posters before shoving my books in the shelf. Slamming my locker, I head on down to lunch, unaccompanied by no one as always. When I enter the cafeteria I receive many looks, some beckoning me to join them, other's cold and harsh. It's not like I understood this sudden infatuation by the student body, I was usually ignored and left out in the cold.

Awkwardly scratching the back of my neck I walk to the salad bar, deciding I'm not hungry today. I fill up my tray with a big salad and take a seat where I usually do, by my friends. They give me questioning looks and I question back.

“Okay, seriously. Why is everyone staring at me?!” I ask timidly.

My friends share a look before Aurora decides to speak up, “Well, it's not really worth anything, everyone is just envious of your friendship with Logan. You see, before you came into school today he left a message over the loudspeaker, hoping you'd hear. He said something about keeping the plans tonight and he wouldn't be able to make it to school.”

“Well, the hell? Could he not have texted me that I mean jeez, that's incredibly awkward. I think his friends want to murder me.” I mumble slightly annoyed by his confident.

“It's okay Seph, We'll have fun tonight!” Jack grins like a three year old throwing his arm around Char.

Lunch ended as soon as it started, I dumped my tray and headed off to 5th period, AP Literature.

[&&&]


The day ended and I thankfully bolted from the school, inhaling the cool air as I walked home. The whole trip home was roughly 20 minutes. I didn't mind though, I enjoyed the scenery. As soon as I walked in the door to my house, the smell of baking cookies welcomed me. I dropped my backpack on the ground and skipped into the kitchen, stopping dead in my tracks.

“Uh... Logan? What are you doing in my house...?” I ask clearly confused as to why Logan was in my house helping my mother bake cookies, weird picture I know.

“Oh hey cupcake! Since I wasn't coming to school today I decided to drop by your house and drop some things off, then... your mom asked me to help make cookies! I didn't oblige of course!” Logan shrugged sheepishly with that adorable boyish grin placed upon his perfect face.

“No offense or anything but it's pretty odd to come home to you baking with my mom.” I laughed patting Logan on the back before jogging up stairs to change. I slipped on a comfortable outfit that I planned on wearing to the movie and skipped back down the stairs.

When I got into the kitchen I reached to grab a cookie but someone stopped me. I looked down and Logan hand was holding on to mine, he was giving me a stern look. I couldn't ignore the feeling I was getting from him touching me, I had to though. It would be horrible if I ruined another friendship again.

“Naughty girl, these won't be ready to eat for another five minutes, be patient.” Logan scolded pointing his large finger at me, poking my nose with it.

I squeaked femininely and ran away from him with a cookie. I knew he was right behind me because I could hear his yelling. I looked to my right and saw my mom laughing at us while eating a cookie herself.

“Oh! Okay Logan! My mom can have a cookie but not me!” I yell turning around and sticking my tongue out before shoving the cookie into my mouth. Logan rammed into me and held onto me, sticking his hand in front of my face.

“Spit it out.” He instructed

“NO!” I mutter, mouth full of cookie while laughing.

“That's disgusting” Logan responds before skipping away merrily.

I swallow the rest of my cookie and question him. I honestly have never had a friend like him, he acts like a three year old and he's kind of well... stupid... and weird and strange. I follow him into the kitchen and reach into the refrigerator, taking out the carton of milk. I pour myself a glass and offer Logan one, he denies and grabs a cookie.

“Hey, I'm gonna get going. I'll pick you up in two hours for the movie!” Logan calls over his shoulder beginning to walk to the door. I watch him grab his black leather jacket from the coat hanger and slip it on.

“Bye Logan” I call out, he waves behind his back and opens the door. I don't watch him leave before I turn up the stairs and begin my homework.

[&&&]


It was six forty-five. Logan was due to be at my house any minute. I adjusted my outfit from earlier, before sitting in my living room. Tiredly yawning and resting my head against my couch. I don't know how, but I soon fell asleep. Unaware of anything that was about to happen.

[bystander]


Logan rang the doorbell to Persephone's house and tapped his foot against the wood, waiting for an answer. He was expecting Persephone to answer but instead was greeted by her mother.

“Come in Logan!” Mrs. Harmonic whispers to him, motioning to Persephone. Once Logan is inside the house, Mrs. Harmonic disappears leaving Logan to wake her up. Logan walks over to where Persephone is sleeping and can't help but smile at her angelic appearance. He watches her sleep for a few seconds before taking a seat next to her.

Logan caresses her tangly, curly hair and brushes his fingers across her soft cheeks. He inwardly sighs before pressing a kiss to her porcelain skin. He gently stirs Persephone, laughing as she moaned and slapped herself in the face.

“Whaddu want?” Persephone slurs before flickering open her eyes, “OH! Shoot I completely forgot! When do we need to be at the movie?”

“Relax, we will be there just in time. Let's get moving!” Logan said before pulling Persephone up and dragging her to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, haven't felt like writing! This is kinda a filler sorta maybe... I didn't feel like putting the movie scene into this chapter because well, I don't feel like writing anymore and I wanted to get this up so... I will put it in the next time, I'll try to update tomorrow.

Also, expect a update of Hoist the Colors within the next few hours or days haha

Xoxo,
Meggan