Status: Active

Sixteen

Chapter 7: In Over Your Head.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Monday morning I awoke feeling completely ready for the day. Images flooded back to me from the night before last of Logan, whispering incoherent words in my ear. I sighed, deciding to ignore it and got dressed. Today, was a lazy day. That meant I would be wearing sweats and a sweatshirt, I was fine with it though. I love sweats to much for my own good.

I skipped down the wooden stairs, backpack in tow, and made my way to the kitchen. Realizing my mother wouldn't be up this morning, I groaned and grabbed an apple from the fridge, not really hungry anyways. I munched in it for awhile, then tossed it to the garbage. This morning Logan was supposed to pick me up and knowing him, he'd be late.

In the distance I could hear the purring of an engine pulling up my driveway. I stared in shock, Logan was not late? How unusual. He honked his horn and I took that as my cue to get going. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and left the house, locking the door behind me.

I slipped into Logan's car and beamed him a cheesy smile, he laughed at me.
“Way to laugh at my face, Logan.” I muttered, narrowing my eyes.
“Sorry, hard not too.” Logan responded, laughing. I playfully swatted his arm and turned on his radio. Squealing in excitement when Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung came on.
“Logan!” I exclaimed, “this is my favorite song! Don't change it.” I challenged, humming along with the slow tune.

Logan promised me he wouldn't change the station. And with that, I turned and looked out the window, still humming quietly. I rested my head against the back of the seat and tore my fingers through my tangled brown hair. My lips parted slightly as I sighed rather loudly, Logan gave me a look.

“Don't judge me, it's early.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.
“Hey, I don't judge.” Logan stated, slumping back in the drivers seat. I smiled successfully and continued to listen to the song, almost sad when it ended.
“That song was incredibly slow.” Logan commented, staring at me while at a stop light.
“That's okay.” I responded, looking right back at him.
“What kind of an answer is that?” He asked incredulously.
“A good one.” I said sweetly, lightly tapping his face with my palm.

Logan rolled his eyes at me and continued to drive, occasionally looking my way. We made small talk until we reached school. He opened my door for me when we parked, I thanked him and began walking to the school. That whole walk, Logan was especially close to me, our shoulders brushing constantly. I looked up at Logan, and smiled, brushing the hair out of my face.

“You look pretty today.” Logan stated, looking down at my small frame.
“Oh yeah, in my sweats in all. Beautiful.”I said sarcastically, not seeing how he got pretty from me.
“Well, I think you look good so, I'm not changing my opinion.” He shot back, patting me on the head.
“Thank you, then.” I muttered, looking down at the ground.

Inside the hallways, people stared at us as always. No one understood why Logan Lerman, of all people, would want to be seen with Persephone Harmonic. I could see their point, I was nothing special and Logan? Well... Logan was just short of perfection. He was a gentleman, sweet, caring and funny. I was... clumsy, messy, quiet and awkward. Not the best combination in the world.

“Hey Logan?” I asked, looking at my Jordans, “I um... nevermind.” Chickening out, of course. Don't I always?
“Tell me.” Logan stated, looking straight into my eyes.
“No.” I responded, trying not to look into his eyes.
“Tell me.” He drew out, lightly pushing me back into my locker.
“Well I uh no.” I stumbled over my words, suddenly feeling extremely awkward. My eyes looked up to meet Logan's. I saw passion and questioning in his eyes, I couldn't look away no matter how hard I tried.
“So, wanna tell me now?” Logan asked, his husky breath coming in as a light whisper. He pushed himself closer to me, face coming in close contact with mine. I was well aware of the people staring and pointing.
“It's not important anymore.” I stated, still not wanting to ask him my question.
“Your impossible.” He said before pulling away from me and walking down the hallway, sending a wink in my direction.

I don't think that boy knows what he does to people. When he pulled away, I felt like I needed to sit down. My knees were weak and I was shocked. I walked silently to my first hour class, ignoring the glares that shot me down.

[&&&]


When third period arrived, I took a seat next to Logan, instantly regretted that choice.
“Hey beautiful, gonna tell me your secret yet?” Logan winked, smirking at me.
“Oh my god Logan. It's not important. Let it go, jeez.” I whined already irritated by him.
“Fine.” He grumbled, sinking into his desk.

Just as I was about to say something else, Mrs. Reighman our history teacher entered the room. She immediately told us to take out a half sheet of paper, and be ready for a pop quiz. I groaned, and ripped my paper in two, offering the other half to Logan. He took it and smiled softly at me, I took that as a thank you. Boy, he was bipolar sometimes.

The quiz was relatively easy, just about lexicons we'd learned in the last 3 months. I got ninety perfect and I felt kind of bad when I looked at Logan's score and it rest seventy percent. He glared at the piece of paper and reluctantly handed it to Mrs. Reighman.

“Nice job, Persephone.” She commented, taking my paper. Logan rolled his eyes at me and I fake gasped, laughing after along with him.

For the rest of the hour Mrs. Reighman ranted about Greek dramatics, I could care less seeing as I learned this already. I can admit, I'm a nerd. Reading far ahead in the textbook for the year. Before I hung out with friends, that was what I did, having nothing better to do.

When the bell rang I jumped from my seat, happy to get out of the classroom. I walked besides Logan, getting irritated by the feeling that always nuzzled themselves in my stomach when I walked by him. Liking Logan was out of the question. Not like he would ever like me anyways.

'One more class until lunch,' I thought, separating from Logan and throwing my books in my locker. I had next period with him too but, in this class he never sat by me. His clan was here and I think he'd rather be by them. I couldn't blame him though, I still didn't understand why he liked me. I strolled into religion, already bored. Since I'm not Christian it's extremely boring. Of course, no one knew I was Wiccan except for my mother. I planned to keep it that way.

I moved to the back of the room, sitting in my usual place, finding my new friend Sadie sitting back there as well. My eyes wandered around the room and I noticed Logan looking at me, his eyes trying to read me. I looked down fast, and awkwardly, and took my seat next to Sadie.

“He totally likes you.” Sadie commented, pushing her glasses back up on her small nose.
“Yeah right, he just likes being my friends.” I stated, disbelieving what she had said.
“I doubt that. Look, I know when a guy likes someone and he definitely likes you. Don't push him away girl, he seems like a good guy.” She said truthfully, tapping her fingers against the wooden desk.
“Okay, I won't.” I responded, chipping the nail polish off my fingers.

Mr. Kain came in the room quickly, his bow-tie slightly crooked and his bald head shining from the overhead lights. I laughed slightly at his frazzled appearance and Sadie just looked at me weird, I shrugged my shoulders.

His lecture was dull and boring. Talking about how God is omnipotent and omnipresent and omniscience. Not that I didn't learning about the Christian religion but, since I wasn't Christian I didn't see the point in it being mandatory. Only about eighty-five perfect of the grade was Christian anyways. Us fifteen percent should be able to take a different class.

I answered a few of Mr. Kain's questions during the lecture, and left class wordlessly when the bell rang. My locker seemed like eons away as I padded through the hallway, carrying to many books for my own good. Almost tripping twice, I finally made it to my locker, nicely placing my books in. I was starving, thank the Gods it was lunchtime. I fiddled with the hair tie around my wrist before pulling it off and slipping it into my hair. Pulling my long curly locks into a high pony.

Even though I liked being with Logan, it was nice when he left me time to be alone. He respected that I liked my me time and didn't bother me too much during the day. At lunch I sat at my usual table with my friends, staying silent as always. Today was different though, Logan came to sit with us. For the first time in about two weeks.
“Hi.” I stated plainly when he slipped in the spot next to me, our thighs brushing repetitively. Trying to ignore the sensation, I dug into my salad, focusing on the taste. Didn't work to well.

My friend Karli started to talk to Logan, even flirt a little. I didn't know why I got so jealous but, I did. I stood up abruptly and went to dump my tray, hoping Logan didn't suspect anything. When I came back though, I feared he did.
“It's okay honey, I would never like her over you anyways.” Logan whispered seductively in my ear as I sat down, making goosebumps rise on my tan arms. I looked up to meet Logan's eyes, noting how close we are. If I would've moved two inches closer, we would've been kissing. “Okay,” I mumbled back to Logan, unable to break the stare. Someone cleared their throat, I realized it was Seth.
“Just go out already.” I heard him say quietly, blush rising on my face. Logan laughed musically, and gripped my hand that was under the table. I gasped quietly but, didn't let go. I liked this, it felt right.

I recalled the night that I invited Logan to watch a movie with me, when I was scared. Remembering how I laid in his arms as I fell asleep. That felt right too. Suddenly, I wanted to be closer to him. I scooted my body right up next to his and gripped his hand tighter. Logan seemed shocked by my sudden movement but, didn't seem to want to move away either.

“Hey Persephone?” Logan asked, brushing a few fallen strands of hair out of my eyes.
“Hmm?” I mumbled, noticing the death glare Karli was giving me.
“Can I come over tonight?” He asked again, recalling how my mom had to leave for a week, tonight.
“Your always welcome.” I responded, leaning into him slightly.

The bell came all to quickly. I didn't want to leave Logan's embrace, never. It had only recently dawned on me that I liked him, a lot. The one issue was though, that I still had to find out what this evil force is that was stirring. I decided that before Logan came over tonight, I would research more. I needed too, this thing needed to be abolished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay SORRY, this is kinda long. It took be an hour to write(: Then again, I have no clue why I woke up at 8 in the morning -_-

I really really adore this chaper, c'est passionate.

Turning point for their relationship! Wahoo! I am tempted to write more now but, I need to go Christmas shopping today haha so expect an update for any of my other stories today.

Btdubs, I started up Soundtrack to My Life again, it's pretty good. Read it now(:

Xoxo,
Meggan Elizabeth