Status: Completed [Possibly ?]

Hot Nights & Moonlights.

Chapter Two:

Chapter Two:
'I'll be your light in the mist..'


* * * * * * * * * * *

After a few hours at the party, I had lost sight of him. I figured he was drug away by the oh-so jealous girlfriend, and my chances were gone. Once I had reached the elevator to head to my suite, I pressed the button, patiently waiting for it to reach the lobby floor.

"I saw you looking at her! Do you think I'm blind?" I heard a voice shriek from behind, and slowly getting louder.

"It wasn't like that, and you know it" a male voice replied.

Turning my head towards the voices that approached me, I realized who it was instantly, and my heart raced. It was him. And of course, she was bashing him over something she more than likely blew out of proportion.

"I saw her flirting with you, and I know that slut wants you!" she screamed.

"Baby, whatever you think was going on; it's all in your head. You know I don't want her, and I'm not attracted to her. You have to believe me!" he pleaded.

"Look, whatever. I need space. I'm going out with the girls" she shot, preparing to head off.

"Fine, go out. I could do without your constant nagging anyhow" he retorted.

She sighed heavily, and stormed off to catch up with a leggy blond whom I had seen around as well, and knew that they were both friends with. Just then, he glanced in my direction as I heard the elevator doors open. Turning my attention away and back to the opened doors, I stepped in, and pressed the button for my floor. Facing towards him now, he was racing for the elevator now, catching it before the doors closed. He was slightly panting as he leaned over me to press the button for his floor, directly below mine. Stepping back, we eyed each other and he softly nodded.

"Hey" he panted, giving a soft smile after.

"Hey" I smiled, feeling my heart pounding beneath the surface.

"I'm sorry if you over-heard that stuff back there. She tends to act that way, a lot" he apologized, clearly talking about his girlfriends’ outburst.

"No, it's fine... It happens" I spoke.

"I'm sure you've been through it, especially at your stage of fame" he chuckled.

"Yeah, a little... I just try not to date" I laughed.

"Maybe I should take that advice" he added, giving another laugh.

His heavenly blue eyes sparkled in this lighting, and that adorable smile was once more placed on his adorable and flawless face. We both fell silent after that, but I kept trying to think of what else to say to him. I wanted to continue my conversation, because I feared this being my only chance. First impressions are everything, as they say in Hollywood. But my feelings for him were consuming me and making it impossible to chat. I watched the numbers light up in the elevator, watching as we neared his floor each second. 'Say something' my brain kept screaming, but it was as if my body couldn't function, much less could my voice. This was my one chance, and here I was completely blowing it. The numbers continued and right at that moment, I felt the elevator jerk to a stop, signaling we were at his floor.

"Here's my stop" he spoke, making that audible note, letting it register with my brain now.

I eyed him and he was eying me back, as if maybe he was awaiting me to say something. The doors opened, and I just nodded, like a complete and utter fool.

"See you around man" he smiled, taking his steps for the doors to get out and leave me alone in there.

'Say something you idiot!' I was screaming inside.

"Hey!" I called, putting my hands in front of the doors, and preventing them from closing.

He turned back around to face me, stopping in his tracks, and giving me his undivided attention. A soft smile was already gracing his face as if he was already pleased by my actions.

"Um... Maybe if you'd like, we could hang out, you know? Just chill, kick it... Chat... I know you've been through a lot, but maybe like... us going out or seeing a movie would get your mind off it" I offered, still holding the doors open.

I was praying he would change his mind, take this chance and risk, just as I was, and join me in my suite tonight. He was still smiling, even more so than he was before I had asked, making me feel a glimmer of hope.

"Thanks, but... tonight might not be the best time. But I would love to take you up on that offer later, if it's still on the table" he grinned.

Sure, I was disappointed, but I knew in any battle of love, there would be rejection. But I had hope that he truly meant what he said, so I smiled softly at his response.

"For you, it will always be on the table" I stated, continuing to smile.

'Smooth, real smooth. He'll love that' I thought, feeling proud and pretty smug. He was beaming even brighter with that smile, which made my heart flutter harder.

"Aww, too cute. I'll take you up on it, I promise" he responded.

"Alright. Well... if you get bored, or lonely, or change your mind 'bout it, just come up to my room. I'll be there, alone... And don't be scared to come up at any time" I offered.

"Thanks. I'll remember that. I'll catch you later" he spoke, and quickly winked at me.

And that was enough to leave me speechless. Better yet, breathless. He always had that effect on me. He turned his back to me, and walked away as I removed my hand from the door, allowing them to close. I watched the doors completely seal before me, preventing me from seeing him any further.

"I love you..." I whispered to myself now, knowing he couldn't hear me.

I had been longing to say those words to him for the longest time. I just wish he knew how I felt. The elevator jolted and began the ride up to my floor, halting once there, and allowing my exit once the doors opened. I slowly walked to my suite, knowing that only an empty room would greet me, filling my already lonely and empty emotions even more. I was hoping he would accept the offer tonight, but I knew I couldn't force him if he hadn't felt up for it. Unlocking the door, I stepped in, slipping my shoes off at the door, closing it and heading over to the bedroom instantly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
A.N.- So, I hope everyone enjoyed the update. The next part might be a bit complicated, as it deals a lot with fantasy & thoughts next. It might get a bit 'smutty' haha, just a forewarning.