Trick or Treat with a Green Day Twist

Good stuff

Roxanne's POV

As I sat down on the seat in the shower (one of the built in ones obviously) I sighed as the hot water went over me. I closed my eyes and just leaned against the wall letting every friggen thing that happened within the last 24 hours wash away. Obviously they aren't going to just 'go away' but it helps mentally anyhow. I put the shampoo in and washed it out. Taking a deep breath I stood up. The more I move the less it hurts now. I got the soap and washed my body off scrubbing viciously at my arms. Damn sharpie.. Fuck who am I kidding. I'm just trying to avoid thinking about the inevitable. Jesus I hate Halloween..

End POV
Adie came back in the kitchen. "Hey." she said grinning at her husband at the table. She sniffed the air and her eyes immediately went wide when she smelt something burning. Running into the kitchen she found the eggs burning to a black char. 80 turned around and glared at Billie who was munching on a bagel reading some paper.

"Billie! Why the fuck didn't you take them off?" she said in a pretty scary voice actually. Billie at this point looked over to his wife simply and said "I didn't touch em, not my problem." and grinned at his logic. His now angry wife just shot him a look and returned to the kitchen

"Uh scuse...me?" A voice came from the living room. Billie looked up from his very yummy bagel to see the chick Mike (who's name is Katherine) standing there in last nights clothes. He almost mistook her for mike at first glance. He grinned inwardly and said, "Morning. Have you talked to your parents yet? Oh and go ahead and help yourself to something to eat by the way." he said nodding towards the kitchen quickly adding on the last part of the sentence.

She went to the kitchen and got a glass of orange juice completely ignoring the question asked by Billie. He scrunched his face up at first and shrugged slightly as he took another bite of his bagel. As he read the Rolling Stone infront of him he could feel a presence sit across from him at the table. Chewing he looked up through his eyebrows and acknowledged the girl. "Ya know I did ask ya something. I just don't want to get nailed for fucking child abduction or anything." he said trying to make light of the situation. She took a sip of her orange juice and said " I live with my boyfriend. Talked to him last night and he just said whatever and for me to get ahold of him later. He's working right now actually." she said looking at the clock on the wall.

Billie nodded and looked back down at article of 100 greatest guitar solo's just to close it throwing it aside on the table.

"K, theres some bacon, pancakes and eggs *at which she emphasized the word to Billie by giving him a nasty side glance* ready if anyone wants em." Adrienne said grinning. Someone would mistake her voice for a woman straight out of 1955.

Billie nodded quickly and grinned at his wife going in the kitchen to avoid conversation. It seemed that he was complete shit at conversation with teenagers. What the hell was he going to do when Joey was one? Hell he practically is one. Letting out a sigh he grabbed a plate and loaded on quite of a bit of everything. For a dude with a small frame he could pack it away like no other.

Rox's POV

I washed the stuff out of my hair and washed down my whole body. I swear it feels like a whole other person just got washed off. Well...if you think about it, jees fuck it. I wrapped a towel around me after sloppily towel drying my short hair and looked in the mirror. The bruise was...getting better. In a sense. I guess it doesn't look as gruesome as it did back at the gas station.

I looked down at the floor. I'm not getting back into those clothes. So...what do I wear? Gees..-oh no..that means I have to go out there in my towel. FUCK NO.

I turned the knob slowly and yelled 'Adrienne! Adrienne!' as loud as I could but they couldn't really hear me. Oh fuck it.
End POV

No Ones POV

Rox silently padded down the hallway cursing under her breath.

'fucking house..too big, damn its cold.'

When she neared the entrance of the living room from the hall she heard noises from the kitchen. Sighing she walked over to the entrance of the kitchen gripping onto her towel tightly for dear life praying nothing would happen. Its just her luck.

*cough*

Suddenly she got the attention of Billie, Katherine, and seemed that his eldest son Joey was downstairs too eating.

Glorious

"Uh, c-could, erm, would you mind, if I er-got some clothes to change into?" she said mumbling rubbing the back of her neck with one hand and holding onto the towel tightly with the other. She heard a quick shuffle and Adie suddenly came out of the kitchen like a mother hen clucking about her clothes and commenting about her looking better and such.

Rox couldn't help but grin slightly as the whole dining room was silent but Adie's tutting and fussing. The others were just staring. Well, for the exception of Katherine who grinned at her laughing silently. Billie and Joey were in mid chew of their food when they realized that they stopped eating, they started eating like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

Rox and Adrienne moved out of the kitchen up to her room.

"Here let me get you some clothes. Are jeans and a tee-shirt ok?" She said eyeing Roxanne up and down trying to see what size would be best.

"Yea, no problem that would be great." she said nodding appreciatively.

A few minutes later Adie came back with a black and pink adeline tee shirt and some black jeans some socks underwear ect.

"Go ahead and keep them. We always have tons of adeline stuff around." she said grinning at her.

Roxanne nodded and gave Adie another appreciative smile. Taking the clothes she went into the bathroom and changed. After she got the clothes on she felt a lot better. Fresh, clean, and ready to forget ALL of what happened. Looking in the mirror she ran her fingers through her blonde hair. She almost forgot what it was like to see that face in the mirror.How did one night seem to last forever? It seemed like ages since she first started You'd think for living in the East Bay all her life that she would know better. What an idiot. Running out in the middle of Oakland in the fucking PEAK of Halloween and shit. Once again her mind wandered over all these things. Beating herself up over stupid mistakes, and just reminiscing.

Sighing she looked in the mirror a final time before going through Adie's medicine cabinet. She really felt bad but she needed some cover up or eyeliner or something. Shaking her head she said fuck it. She went downstairs and got on the sneeker shoes she bought for the costume. At present time thats all she had. Grabbing her ATM card from one of her bags she'd packed from the house she stuffed it in her pocket and grabbed her jean jacket. She wrote a note and placed it on the dining room table telling them not to worry. She needed to get out for a bit. This time she was ready. She put the mace in her pocket and moved towards the front door. She stopped. Looking around she didn't see it. Where were her guitar pieces? She started to panic. Where was it?! She didn't give a shit whether it was broken or not she was going to keep them. She ran quickly over to the kitchen where Billie Adie Katherine and Joey were still eating.

"Where is it?!!" she said quickly and frantically.

"Wheres what?" Billie said surprised

"My guitar! Gonzo! I know he was broken but I was still going to keep him! I swear to God if you threw it away I'm
gonna-."

"Chill out ok?! I didn't do anything with it. Neither did anyone else here. Your sure its missing?" he said cutting her off and standing up

"WELL NO SHIT!" She said angrily. Suddenly she heard the doorbell ring and a worried Bill go answer it. Rox sat down at the table and put her head in her hands taking deep breaths. Katherine was mumbling quiet things to her to calm her.

Roxanne felt a few people come into the room. She didn't move her head. Someone put their hand on her shoulder and she flinched. It was still a uncomfortable for people to touch her. The hand retreated immediately. She finally turned around to see Mike looking at her concerned.

"Hey, would you mind coming in the living room for a sec?" he said giving her a small smile pointing his thumb behind his back towards the living room. She nodded and slowly went in there.

There in all its glory sat the guitar. Put back together you could see where they re-glued and stuff. But there it was! She ran over to it and shrieked happily. Her eyes were getting watery as she kneeled down and looked at herself in the shiny blue exterior again Grinning she looked. back.

"Who did this?" she managed to say quietly wiping her cheeks of the happy tears.

"Tre and Mike thought of it apparently last night in the kitchen. They took it when they left without any of us noticing." Billie said smiling slightly at the two men.
.
She immediately lept up as fast as she could not caring of the pain and gave the two grown men a huge hug as hard as she could. She kissed their cheeks and hugged them again.

"Thank you so so much." she said quietly grinning and let out a half cough half laugh from the excitement. She wiped her face off as well as she could and kneeled down at her guitar again.

Tre and Mike had grins on like no other. To see the girl as happy as she was, they would've done it in a heartbeat again if they could. Mike gave Tre a smile but Tre was focused on her. Just grinning happily knowing she was happy. Mike knew it hit home hard for him and Tre because of their own daughters. Tre didn't get to see Ramona nearly as much as he would've wanted. And he didn't get to see Stella really as much as he wanted either. But it was still more than Tre got to see his kid. Every other week is better than every other month.

Mike looked over to Billie this time to see him with a weird expression on. He sorta shrugged and let it pass just enjoying the moment.

BJ's POV

I sat there, happy for her, really happy. But there was that feeling in my gut. I don't know why for the life of me it was there, but it was. I was jealous. The guys did this without letting me know. I wanted to help her. God I'm so immature. Just to be jealous of who gave her happiness. Shes not my kid why do I care? I've known her for 24 hours.

...I wanted to care. I want a daughter I guess. A girl to protect and call my own. I know, Adie, but I mean, a girl who would look up to me, call me dad and want me to help her out. To hold her when a boy hurts her, to give me that heart melting smile when she was happy. I wanted it all for my own. And the guys have that already. Sure not as much as they want but its still more than I have. I see those girls as my own, yeah, but its not the same.This girl I guess I've gotten attached to. I want to give her what I can because we've been in relatable situations.

She's gone through more than I have, she knows the world. God she smart for her age too. I could sit here all night rambling about how much this girl amazes me. I just..gees, I need to talk to my shrink...which is Adie.

End POV

Rox's POV

I sat there just amazed that any few people could hold so much compassion for someone than to do this for them. I know that it must not be much to them, hell they own millions of dollars, but it is to me. This little gesture shows that they aren't shallow men like some people hold them to be. To be just rockstars. They are real people. More than a lot of people I know. These guys came from where I did and the motto is 'You keep my back I'll keep yours.'
Just like the golden rule, as much as the gold has rusted to a copper rule in this day since people don't hold any respect for their brother, these guys still do.

I kept looking at the exterior of it afraid to touch it. Just as if it was glass. Afraid to touch it that if I did it should shatter into hundreds of pieces. I finally let my fingers graze the outside of it. I looked beyond the sound hole to the inside where it said '12-17-04' . I grinned. I accidentally wrote '11' and wrote a 2 over the second 1 since it was December not November. Fucking hard to write through strings.

Sighing I finally picked it up. Sat down on the floor and felt the body of the guitar against. me. It felt so right. I felt like finger picking something. I started to play the intro to 'Hotel California by The Eagles. It sounded great. I just smiled and closed my eyes as I played it. Let the sound wash over me. I played a couple other songs too. The world faded away as the music swept over me. Music was my friend and family until now. Maybe I have more family now. Hell who knows.

End POV