‹ Prequel: Different Letters
Status: Back on for real

Love Made Us Blind

Afternoon Fights

Draco had promised his girlfriend he wouldn't do anything to Weasley that would get him expelled from Hogwarts. But when he saw him in the hall walking towards their first Defence against the Dark Arts class with Granger and Potter he couldn't take it anymore. He walked away from Alice, leaving her with Blaise and Rachelle, anger building up. How dare he address to his girlfriend that way. How could he have gone all this time without thinking there would be consequences.

"What's he doing?" Rachelle asked both Blaise and Addie as they watched Draco walk away in a fast pace.

Alice didn't respond at first since she didn't know the answer to that question. She followed Draco with her stare, trying to predict what he was thinking. When she finally noticed who was in the direction he was walking towards, she ran after him, pushing some students in the process.

"How dare you talk to my girlfriend like that you-"

"Draco!" Alice yelled reaching him. "Draco, you promised!"

"What's your problem Malfoy? I stayed away from her for months." Ron said, with a disgusted tone

"That doesn't mean you won't pay for last time." Draco continued, threateningly "If I ever hear that you insulted my girlfriend-"

"You'll tell your father?" Potter asked mockingly, making Granger laugh

"Think you're really funny, don't you Potter? If I were you, I'd watch out for your boyfriend Weasley because if he..."

"Don't bother Harry. He's just bitter because he just figured out that Lestrange only likes him for his blood status..." Ron said trying to get away from the blond as fast as possible

"Watch your mouth-"

"Draco he's not worth it!" Alice intervened trying to pull her boyfriend away

"Alice, he-"

"He's just a blood traitor. He's nothing like us. He just doesn't matter."

With a satisfied smirk, Draco let himself be dragged away by his girlfriend. Before entering the classroom, he kissed her.

"If I wasn't stressed about DADA, I would be mad at you." She said before kissing him back. "I'm surprised your father hadn't told you to stop seeing me. Umbridge might make a connection he's not innocent."

"Stop it, will you." Draco said smiling at her. "No one's going to accuse you of being a Death Eater. The minister is too stupid to figure out he's back."

"I know."

Draco and Addie walked in class and sat in the back. It was a double period and it seemed it was longer than Mr. Binn's class. Even if Alice tried, she was too bored to continue reading. Alice took one of her magic quills, one that didn't need ink, and drew a small heart on Draco's hand. He smiled sweetly to her.

"I'm glad you're in a better mood." He whispered

"Sorry. I guess I'm scared and still disappointed from yesterday. I wanted to be in Slytherin with you."

The class got mildly interesting once a couple of students started asking why weren't they going to be learning to use spells and started to give arguments why they should. Alice was relieved since it gave her a distraction from the boring text she was reading. Last year's DADA was so much more entertaining, from their first course. Professor Umbridge kept giving the same argument: there was nothing out there that they needed to protect themselves from. Alice swallowed a smirk. Out of all the years The Ministry sure picked a bad one to stop teaching the students to protect themselves.

"Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?" The professor asked. On the other hand, Alice thought, it would make the Dark Lords rise to power much easier if the newer generations wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

"Hmm, let's think..." Potter responded, visibly mocking her "Maybe Lord Voldemort."

Alice jumped up a little bit, not expected to hear his name. She wasn't the only one: most students reacted, all differently. Alice started at the back of Potter's head since she was way in the back, wondering how could he even think of saying it? It had became sort of a rule: those who feared him called him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or simply You Know Who. Addie, coming from a family of supporters called him the Dark Lord like anyone else who worshiped or respected him.

"Ten points from Gryffindor, Mr. Potter." Alice had the urge to laugh. Here was Potter, contradicting everything the Ministry was propagating, arguing with the teacher and pronouncing a name nobody should yet all that Umbridge did was take out ten points? It took a few seconds before it hit her that those were her points as well. Not that she cared so much. "You have been told that a certain Dark wizard has returned from the dead-"

"He wasn't dead." Potter interrupted her "But yeah, he's returned." Umbridge didn't appreciate this one little bit and ended up with giving him detention after repeated a million times to the class that this was a lie. Draco and Alice looked at each other for a while. They both knew that it was no lie at all. But they weren't complaining, especially not Draco: the Ministry's ignorance gave his father protection. Alice soon realized that Harry was still very much in this fight as he stood up even if his friend tried to stop him.

"So, according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord, did he?"

Remembering the frightening scene of the lifeless corpse, Alice shivered and moved her body slightly towards Draco who put an arm around her, remembering how the dead body had freacked her out. The battle was over when Harry expulsed from the class. Alice tried to continue reading the manual but she couldn't stop thinking thoughts she wasn't supposed to think: she found it so unfair that he was being punished for speaking the truth. But what could she do, she was a supported, someone who was raised to believe that pure-bloods were better that the other wizards. That's why she had to be happy that those blokes in the Ministry didn't want to believe that the Dark Lord was back even if they had evidence right in front of them. Addie was glad that the day was over after that class. It had only been the first day and already she had loads of work to so. She dragged Draco to the library so they could at least have potions out of the way. Her boyfriend wasn't too happy about it: they had so much time before the due dates; he didn't want to do homework on their very first day. He growled unhappily when his girlfriend intended to start their history homework. He eventually caved in, happy to just spend time with her, whatever they were doing. Luckily for him, Alice covered the subject of giant wars two years ago, Olympe Maxim made sure the girls would know all about it from a very young age, so she did most of the work and quickly so they had time to be together and make out before their curfew.

"Don't forget about the dream journal for Divination." Alice said as they approached their rendezvous point/departure mark "I want to read it too." She added with a little smile, trying to prolonger their conversation.

"Don't you know I only dream about you?" Draco said which earned him a smile and a long kiss. He wasn't so crazy about letting her go since it only reminded him that she was a Gryffindor.

"I'll see you tomorrow here. I'll miss you."

The walk from the point to the common room wasn't far and she knew that he had a longer walk to his room. She entered the common room and found it almost deserted. Hermione just finished a discussion with her two friends and left, looking pissed. Addie cursed in her head since now she had to wait until she'd fall asleep before going in her dormitory to avoid awkwardness. Harry and Ron attempted to do their homework but watched the young witch sit on a sofa and pull out a small heart. They watched her press it slightly to her lip and noticed her lips curl up when it turned pink. Harry, gathering some courage, packed all of his stuff and walked to the lonely girl.

"You seem to be in a better mood than yesterday." He observed, opening the conversation as she put the heart in her pockets.

"Just barely. Draco may be fine that I'm a Gryffindor..." Somehow she knew she was kidding herself but didn't want to admit it "But I'm not. I know this isn't right."

"I think the hat knows best."

"I don't." She answered. She looked away but then realized to who she was talking to. "You know, they say that Slytherins are so judgemental because they value pure blood so much but than... why aren't you in Slytherin. You swore you'd never talk to me again but the minute I land into Gryffindor, you think everything is alright."

"I never said I swore-"

"That's not my point Potter. You still believe I'm shallow to love Draco only for his-"

"That was an insult to him not to-"

"Well than next time don't bring me into this!" Alice shouted "I haven't changed over the summer. I'm still the same Alice you decided to ignore after she decided she wanted to be in Slytherin. Why would you want to become my friend? And if your answer is because we share the same house... Really, I'll never speak to you again."

Deciding that the awkwardness would be less worse in her room than here, she grabbed her bag and returned to the room she left so early in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada, I'm back!
Reminding you all that I'm still alive and so is Alice ;)

I can't wait until winter break! Two weeks until I'm an active updater again! I missed you a lot. I know I should have at least came back with an epic chapter but no... it's all building up ;)

So the next two weeks are hell. Worse than all of the previous weeks! I have a good average so far so I decided to write this as a personal award.

ANYONE SEEM DEATHLY HALLOWS?
Tell me what you think!