Status: Active and updates will be regular

Aerobics

Close but ever so Far

I sat with Macy and Judy in the front row of the school assembly at 8:10 am on Monday morning. Every Monday they start off with assembly. We had the normal make-you-want-to-fall-asleep welcome back to school lecture. Then they moved on to handing out free agendas and timetables. Everyone should have of already bought their textbooks and notebooks, but I saw some students buying last minute ones.

After that we went off to our lessons. I walked with Macy and kind of hanged out with her friends. The Spanish teacher was very young and attractive. I saw a few of the boys in the class sit straighter and listen harder when she walked in. Mrs. Carry. The boys just horrified me. Hitting on a teacher? That wouldn’t get them anywhere. We were learning the numbers in Spanish, and of course I already knew that. Oh so sleepy…

The bell rang. I jumped awake. I quickly scanned my brain for what we had next. History. I sagged in my chair and slowly collected my things from off the desk. History had always been my worst subject. I was okay at it, but the teacher was rubbish. I sat in the far corner expecting Mr Pat, who really was history to walk in. Instead, this nice young teacher with a nice style in clothes entered. She wrote her name on the board. Mrs. Wiltson. Maybe history isn’t so bad after all…

We spent the entire lesson playing a get to know each other game, which helped me know who was in my class a lot better. Then a short break before we had a double lesson of aerobics exercise.

There were three teachers. Tow male on female. We quickly played a game similar to the one in history and then started on the basics, going on and off the step. Then we began to learn a small routine. It was quite like the one Ruby and I did to win the two scholarships. A series of steps and exercises’ and then we went faster and faster as the music sped up. When the first part of the double lesson ended we stopped the routine and started to work on our posture.

The lunch bell rang and we all scurried out. I ate lunch with Judy and Macy, ignoring them mostly with the occasional nod; I was too caught up in my thoughts. I was misted over with the thoughts of Mum and Dad. I felt so close to them here. I was further to them, but still felt as if I could almost touch them. I quickly shrugged off the feeling and started to eat lunch and laugh with my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for waiting for this chapter. I did say I would post another soon! xxx
Please comment and any constructive criticism is welcome.