Status: It will soon be redone. This will be deleted in a few weeks.

Danger Line

Molested

Instead of going out for coffee, I decided to invite Eli over for lunch. I went to the kitchen and made us some sandwiches. I remember him telling me how much he loved turkey sandwiches while we were hostages. He would tell me he would eat so many sandwiches when we were free that he would burst. I remembered exactly what he liked in his sandwich.

By the time I was done, the doorbell rang. I took the plates of food to the table and then rushed to the front door. I opened it and Eli stood there with a wide smile on his lips. I greeted him with a tight hug and a peck on the cheek.

“I get to finally see the inside of the Sander’s home,” he said. I let him inside and closed the door after he stepped inside. His eyes wandered around and the smile on his lips never faltered. “It’s a great home.”

“Thanks,” I replied and led him to the kitchen. “I made you a turkey sandwich.”

“You remember?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

I winked at him and grinned. “Of course.”

“I was half awake when I told you that. I barely have any recollection of it,” he laughed a bit. We walked into the kitchen and sat down on the table. I told him which one was his. “So, what’s up?”

I knew what I was going to ask him was going to make me look bad, but I had to know if I ever touched Eli or anyone while I was a hostage. I knew sometimes I had no sleep, so sleep deprivation was not something I lacked.

“While being held hostage, we barely got any sleep,” I stated and looked down at my food. “And when we did sleep, it was for a little while.”

“Yeah those bastards sure liked to fuck with us,” he muttered bitterly.

“I know,” I said. “But… Eli… while we did get sleep, did I ever… touch you or something?” I felt so stupid for saying it like that, but I couldn’t think.

Eli’s silence worried me. I looked at him and there was a guilty look on his face.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock. “Oh… my… God.”

“It only happened a couple of times, and nothing ever happened… well except the first time--”

“We had sex?” I gasped in shock.

“No, but we came close. I noticed there was something off about you so I stopped and well you sort of went back to sleep,” he explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I almost shouted.

“I didn’t want to worry you, and you had no memory of it, so… I just decided to let it. Every time it happened, I always stopped, okay? After the first time, it never went any further than you touching me.”

“Oh god!” I groaned mortified and I covered my face with my hands.

“Kari, it’s nothing to be ashamed about,” Eli pried my hands away from my face.

“How could it not be something to be ashamed about? I practically molested you, Eli! And last night I made love with my husband and I can’t even remember it!”

Eli looked like he realized something. “Oh… that’s so… lame. Is that why you asked about if it ever happened with us?”

I nodded my head.

“It never happened, Kari. I’m sure Matt will sleep better knowing that,” there was a slight bitterness to his tone. I didn’t know what to make of it. Jealousy? I wasn’t entirely aware of his actions because I was still embarrassed about the situation.

“It’s not about Matt, Eli,” I said looking into his eyes. “It’s about how I can’t look at you like I did before. What I did to you, god, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not like I complained, Kari,” he chuckled.

I was about to ask what he meant, when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll be right back,” I told him.

He nodded.

I went to the front door and opened it. Whitney stood there with a bright smile and the rest of the girls were behind her. I smiled at them.

“Hi, guys,” I said and welcomed them inside with a hug and a peck on the cheek.

“We came to keep you company,” Whitney said.

I stared at them. “You mean Matt send you to make sure I was ok.”

“More like Brian,” Nicole spoke up and giggled. “Matt told him something about being worried about you so Brian called me, and now we’re here.”

I stopped myself from frowning. “What exactly did Matt tell Brian?” Our business was our business and as much as I loved Brian and the others, there were things that should remain with Matt and me as a couple.

“I don’t know,” Nicole shrugged. “I just know he said to keep you company. I called the other girls and they were doing nothing.”

“Yeah, so today is all about us girls!” Bethany squealed.

“The boys told us to do whatever it takes,” Whitney said with a grin. “Come with me to try on my dress. I’m doing a fitting again, and we can do yours too.”

I licked my lips and shifted my eyes towards the kitchen.

“I have company,” I said. “He’s a friend.”

“He?” Leana asked with a curious expression.

Just then, Eli walked out of the kitchen and the girls turned around. I couldn’t see their expressions, but I was sure they were surprised to see Eli. I never introduced them before.

“Guys, this is Eli. He was with me when I was held hostage. Eli these are my friends Nicole, Leana, Bethany, and Whitney,” I introduced them.

A chorus of hello and hi was heard from the girls and Eli bowed his head politely.

“Good afternoon, ladies,” he smiled widely. He turned his eyes to me. “I can go home, so you can spend the day with your friends. You need to go out, Kari.” He winked.

I chuckled and walked over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly.

“I’ll come back soon,” he said. “You should come to my place so you can properly meet my parents.”

“I’ll call you so we can make arrangements,” I said and broke apart from the embrace. I walked him to the door. I pecked his cheek.

“Your Hispanic customs are great,” he chuckled.

I laughed and lightly shoved him out the door. “See you soon, Eli.”

“See you soon, Kari,” he waved and said goodbye to the rest of the girls.

After he got in his car and drove off, I closed the door and turned to my friends. They had different expressions.

“He’s…. hot,” Leana smirked.

“Definitely,” Bethany agreed.

“That ass,” Nicole moaned.

“Those eyes,” Whitney swooned.

“Must I remind you that you have men?” I laughed.

“And you’re married,” Whitney pointed out.

“Yes, but he is just a friend, well more than that,” I said truthfully. “We went through some traumatic, and I feel that surviving that brought us closer than just friends.”

“Hmm like a brother?” Bethany suggested.

“Yeah,” I said slowly because I wasn’t sure if it was like a brother, “like a brother.”

“Ok, so the fitting is at four so we have four hours of shopping,” Whitney said happily.

“I’m just going to get my wallet and purse, and I’ll be right back,” I smiled at my friends and headed upstairs. I went to my room and I found my wallet and I placed it inside my purse. I got my keys and made sure I had everything.

I met the girls at the foyer. I would ride with Whitney, and the rest of the girls would get with Leana. It was a chance to get to know Whitney more. I learned she had a passion for hair and makeup. She was a great person and she had the perfect personality for Zacky. I couldn’t wait to see them married. It would be such a nice wedding.

I remembered Zacky telling me that he didn’t believe in marriage, and that he could live without being married. Whitney told me he was the one who brought up marriage, not her. She was just happy being together. She never pressured him. That is why she was perfect for him.

We arrived at the mall.

We went to Macy’s and then to H&M. I was reminded why I liked shopping with my friends. It’s a great experience and a bunch of joking around and giving each other advice on clothes. By the time we were done, I had both hands full of clothes. I knew Matt wouldn’t mind. After leaving the bags in Whitney’s car, we went to the boutique where I would see Whitney’s dress and the bridesmaid dress.

We arrived on time and we were greeted by the people who had helped Whitney get the dress four months ago. It was hard to think that four months ago I was in a cave, malnourished and no hope of getting out. I shivered at the memory and just continued on.

“Nicole, model the bridesmaid dress for Kari,” Whitney beckoned Nicole to follow her.

“It’s going to look amazing on us,” Bethany told me.

“What color is it?” I asked her.

“You’ll see,” Leana smiled.

We waited for Nicole to come out because Whitney’s was going to take a little longer. Nicole walked out in a green dress that wasn’t disturbing at all. It was knee length and it was really elegant, but when Nicole twirled around in the dress, I saw the back of it.

“The back is exposed,” I said with wide eyes and then forced myself to go back to normal.

“Isn’t it pretty?” Leana said. “I think it’s lovely.”

I gulped and I felt my cheeks redden. I would have to wear that and show my scars. It was bad enough Matt saw them, but everyone else. The thought froze me in fear and embarrassment.

“Kari, what’s wrong?” Nicole asked concerned. “You’re pale.”

“Uh, nothing,” I chuckled. “It must be the sushi I had for lunch,” I lied and backed it up with another chuckle. I needed something to cover my back.

“Do you need to go to the bathroom?” Bethany asked.

I shook my head and regained my composure and smiled perfectly.

“No, it’s okay. I want to see Whitney in her dress,” I said.

“Are you sure?” Nicole asked. “We don’t want you to throw up on the dress.”

The girls laughed and I laughed too and just told them I was sure.

Another ten minutes later, Whitney stepped out of a room and showed us the dress. My eyes widened in shock. She looked beautiful. The dress was beautiful too. Zacky was going to die and go to heaven on his wedding day.

“Oh my god,” was heard softly. I found myself saying it too.

“Wow, Whitney, it’s so pretty,” I said with a wide smile. “You’re going to make a beautiful bride.”

Her eyes watered. “Thanks, Kari. I’m so freaking nervous and excited at the same time.”

“It will only get worse as the day approaches,” I chuckled and hugged her.

“Nice advice,” Leana scoffed sarcastically.

“But we will be there for you,” I said pulling away from the embrace, “to help you get through it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter edited by Bianca

I’ve been having a marathon of Spartacus. I am in love with it. Blood, gore and sex, all of my favorite things.

Thanks for the comments:

hachie
mysoul4jimmy
BehindTheMusic
rebellious angel
avenging angel
darkeyes14226
Nia_Flores
Join the Dork Side
kelly21
xoxoxomgw
strlitesm
XtremeFairy
starr8nn
for I have Syn.
celestial_royalty
Angel of Vengeance
TwistedScars

Image