Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

Four New Friends

Nikki pulled her three suitcases, and dragged her duffel bag as she walked alone through crowded places. Helsinki wasn’t hostile or forgiving at this point. She wondered what people must have been thinking about her, or if she looked like a hobo to them. She also wondered what they were saying about her, since she didn’t understand any Finnish. Her brother could read and write it, since he often used it in their instant messages, and emails, but she could only recognize one or two words even after five years.

She had no idea what time it was, since she didn’t know the time difference between Helsinki and LA, and her phone with the World Clock tool was in her purse. “Shit!” she gasped; realizing her phone was in her purse, which was in Lynn’s suitcase. She had no way of getting a hold of anyone if she needed help!

She started the timer on her watch when she Lynn, and Squint left the airport to see how long it would take to get to wherever the map was leading her. So she knew she had been now walking for four and a half-hours. Half an hour ago she lost her map when she tripped over something. Now panic was setting in. She was lost in a huge city, in a new country, unable to speak the language to ask for directions and with no cell phone she was unable to call for help. Finally she gave up, sat down, and began to cry. She hated the fact she was so helpless all she could do was cry, but if she could do nothing else she could vent her misery and fear right now.

Since her face was against her knees in an attempt to keep anyone from seeing her teary, bloodshot eyes as she sobbed, she didn’t see the group of people approaching her. Even as they stood less than a foot from her, she didn’t notice them. They were speaking in Finnish, and she had tuned out all Finnish at the moment because she couldn’t understand it, and needed to think of a way to get help. The end result just happened to be sit and cry until you think of a better idea.

“Are you all right?” one of them asked cautiously while gently touching her shoulder. She gasped, stood up and backed away from him, but into one of his friends. “What has happened?” another asked worriedly, he was the only one out of the four who didn’t have blonde hair. It took her a few seconds to realize through their thick Finnish accents and her own racing thoughts that they were actually speaking in English. “I’m lost,” she muttered, feeling like the stupidest person on the planet. The one who touched her shoulder nodded and smiled, “We can help you. Where is it you need to be?”

“I really don’t know. I lost my map, and my brother didn’t tell me what the name of the hotel is. He likes to play these games and usually. It’s okay but I just got here, and I’ve never been here before, and I can’t ask directions because I don’t speak Finnish, and I don’t have my friends with me because he put us all in different hotels, and I can’t call for help because my cell phone is in Lynn’s purse in her bag and not mine and I don’t know where she is, and-”

“Slow down, it’s all right. You can use one of our phones.” The one she backed into laughed and handed her his cell. “Thank you, thank you so much!” she beamed, quickly dialing her brother’s number. It rang for quite a while, and went to voicemail. She hung up and tried again, thinking maybe he just couldn’t find the phone, but he didn’t answer that time either. “Dave isn’t answering… can I try calling someone else?” she asked, expecting and dreading the “no” to come. “Yeah, call anyone you need to. We’re not in a hurry.” He nodded. She was shocked, but didn’t hesitate to dial Lynn’s number.

Again the phone rang, and rang, and rang, and finally went to voicemail. She sighed, and looked up to the slightly overweight, blonde man before her. He smiled and nodded before she could ask her question. “Thank you,” she sighed while desperately dialing Squint’s phone. Tears formed in her eyes when a third voicemail greeting reached her ears, and once again she hung up. “Thanks for letting me use your phone,” she smiled. The four men around her could tell she was trying to ignore and hold back her tears, so her act didn’t work on them at all.

“I think it’s going to rain soon. There’s a little restaurant place not far from here, we can wait there and you can keep calling until you reach your friends.” The first one announced. “All right,” she replied cautiously, not too sure about trusting four strangers like that. “No, you keep trying to call your brother and friends, we can get the bags.” The dark haired one announced as she handed the phone back to his friend. The larger one nodded his agreement and picked up the biggest of her four bags.

As soon as they started to walk, the phone started to ring. “Answer it, if it isn’t someone you know and have called, then I will answer.” The owner of the phone instructed. She nodded and flipped open the ringing cell. “H-hello?”

“Nicole!” she winced when her brother’s voice reached her ears, alerting her to the fact the phone was on speaker, “Where are you? What happened? What number are you calling from, we’ve been calling you for hours! Are you okay?”

“David, I’m fine. Your stupid game got me lost, because I lost my map! I couldn’t call for help because my phone is in Lynn’s purse. But Dave, really? You’re going to make us all scatter on our first day in Helsinki? I don’t know my way around here, and reading signs only helps if you can pronounce the words on them! I got lost, really lost; I have no fucking idea where I am right now! You think this is funny?” she scolded, forgetting there were four Finnish saviors beside her listening to their conversation, and still oblivious to the camera being held by the only one who had yet to speak.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! No I don’t think it’s funny, it was going to be because you were all supposed to get to the hotels, and see that I booked you in each others; you were actually going to Squint’s. But you never got there! Where are you?”

“I… don’t… know! I am lost! Lost, Dave. As in, I don’t know where I am at, I just told you!”

“I know, I know, I’m sorry… wait, whose phone is this, and why do I hear laughter?”

Nikki turned around to see the large camera focused on her, the dark haired man struggling not to laugh, and the two other blondes holding no shame in their laughter. “I don’t know.” She answered, stressing the word “don’t” and sounding a little like Gir from Invader Zim in her confusion. “Tell Dave to jump up and down!” the phone owner ordered.

“What?”

“Just do it.” The dark headed one pushed.

She sighed heavily, “Dave, jump up and down.”

“What?”

“Just do it?”

“Why am I jumping?” he asked, but before she could answer two of the strangers took off running, leaving the cameraman, and the dark headed man with her. Just as she turned around to see what had them so excited something hit her hard in the chest and knocked her to the ground.

“That’s for getting lost in your first few hours in Finland!” Lynn shouted as she ran over and stood above her after picking up her messenger bag. Something fell from her hand and bounced off Nikki’s head, “Don’t leave your shit in my bags, okay?” she smirked while Nikki picked her phone up and put it in her pocket, while rubbing her forehead where it had bounced. “Glad to see you, too.” She muttered. She didn’t even have a chance to stand up before something else hit her and knocked her back down, but this time it had arms. “You were crying, why were you crying? Did these guys hurt you?” Squint demanded through his hug. “No, they didn’t. They helped me a lot actually.” She laughed as he let go.

Suddenly a whole new wave of tears hit her when she saw who was walking over with the two Finnish men who ran away. “DAVE!” She squealed, making everyone around her flinch, and running at her highest possible speed to her brother. They collided with such force; it caused pain to both of them, but neither cared. Somehow he managed to stay standing as she wrapped her arms and legs around him and sobbed into his shoulder, squeezing the life out of him. “I missed you, I missed you so… much! I, I’m so happy to see you again, D-Dave!” she cried.

“I missed you too, Sis. You okay? Jukka and Jarppi said they found you crying over here.” He asked without loosening his grip on his baby sister.

“I’m okay, I just got lost and then scared.”

“Well you got found by the coolest people in Finland!” He laughed, spinning her around before letting go and turning to the two blonde men behind them. “Jukka, this is my sister Nikki; she’s the one I was telling you guys about this morning.” He smiled. Jukka nodded and laughed a hello. Now that she was relaxed she was able to take in his appearance a little more, and realized that he was actually quite attractive. His hair came to about his shoulders, and he was very muscular, without being “buff”.

“And this, is Jarppi.” Dave smiled, gesturing to the other one. Jarppi was the owner of the phone she had borrowed. His hair was a lot longer than Jukka’s, and he was a little overweight but not what she would consider “Fat”, he was big though around the middle. He waved and greeted her entirely in Finnish. “Hi,” she waved, trying to hide her embarrassment by her rescuers being friends of her brother. “That’s HP, he was the one who decided to help you.” Jukka announced, pointing to the dark headed one. She couldn’t tell who was more attractive, Jukka, or HP. “And the asshole behind the camera is Jarno.” Jarppi introduced. Nikki laughed at his introduction as Jarno flipped him off and lowered the camera to formally meet her. “How are you?” he waved. “Better than when you found me.” She laughed.

“Not sure if you retards know this or not, but it’s starting to rain. Maybe we should put her shit in the car before it gets waterlogged?” Lynn interrupted as a few raindrops began to fall. “Yeah, can you two get it?” Dave asked, looking at Lynn and Squint. “Why can’t she do it herself?” she scoffed in mock bitchiness. “Because Davie wants some time with his widdle baby sister.” Squint cooed, grabbing her suitcase from HP and duffel bag from Jarno and heading back across the street. Lynn laughed the entire way to Dave’s car as she took the rest of the luggage.

“God I can’t believe you’re here!” Dave breathed, once again suffocating her in a hug. “I know, and I’m staying!” she squeaked, returning the embrace with more force. “Well, thank you guys for saving my baby sister, I don’t want to think what could have happened if you didn’t find her and let her use your phone.” He nodded after releasing her again. “Hey, we couldn’t just leave a pretty woman crying in the rain like that.” Jukka smiled. “Well keep in mind that pretty woman is my baby sister, Jukka.” Dave sighed as she hugged Jarppi goodbye before turning to Jukka for his hug. As soon as he let go of her she was shaking HP’s hand, and trying to hug Jarno while he turned the camera to tape their farewell as Lynn and Squint rejoined their group.

“So are those the friends you’ve been talking about, the… Dudesons?” she asked as they walked away from HP, Jukka, Jarno, and Jarppi. “Yep, they’re nutty, but probably the sweetest guys ever. You’ll fall in love with them, I’m sure of that.” He laughed. “They’re following us, with that camera of theirs.” Squint pointed out. Lynn flipped them off over her shoulder and kept walking without looking back while the Dudesons all laughed at her, and Jukka jokingly returned the gesture. “Yeah, we’re hanging with them and then road-tripping back to Seinäjoki together because my car can’t lug us and the gear.” Dave explained. “Speaking of lugging us and gear, genius, how are we getting to your hotel?” Lynn scoffed as they reached his little mostly rusted, but it was white at one time car, with no backseat.

Dave looked at his pitiful excuse of a car and turned around to face the Dudesons who were walking past them to their own vehicle. “Jarppi!”

“What?”

“You guys have a couple seats open in your car?”

The guys started talking in Finnish and walked over to join Dave’s group. “We talked it over, and sure we have seats open. But only for the girls.” Jukka smiled. “But,” Nikki tried to protest but was slapped in the back of the head by Lynn. “Sweet let’s go.” She beamed, hooking arms with him and walking to their car. “See you at the hotel.” Dave laughed, hugging his sister again and sending her away with the Dudesons. “GUYS! DRIVE SAFE THIS TIME!” He shouted as if he suddenly remembered they had a record for breaking cars.

“Are you okay?” Lynn asked Nikki they, Jarno, and HP, were crammed into the back of Jarppi’s car, while he and Jukka got the front. “If you vomit, make it go that way; I don’t have anything to clean this camera in here.” Jarno ordered, pointing to HP. “On me?” he questioned. “Better you than his camera I guess.” Lynn smirked from the other side of Jarno, squished against the door. “I’m not sick,” Nikki muttered, keeping her eyes locked blankly ahead of her. “Oh,” was all Lynn said, but it was obvious she knew something the guys didn’t.

“So, is it necessary to have hurco-camera in our face the whole ride, Jukka?” she asked the blonde beside her. “It is, and I’m Jarno. That’s Jukka.” He smiled, nodding to the laughing driver. “I thought that was Jarppi,” she stated, now fully confused. “No, I’m Jarppi.” The man in the passanger seat waved. “She’s really bad with names.” Nikki explained quietly. “Well it’s not my fault they all start with a Y like that.” She sighed. “They don’t, they start with a J, actually.” HP corrected, letting everyone’s laughter echo throughout the car. Except Nikki’s.

“You’re sure you’re all right, you are sweating quite a lot.” HP pointed out. Nikki just nodded and stayed quiet. Lynn leaned over Jarno and examined her paling, sweaty friend and grabbed Jukka’s shoulder. “Stop the car. We need to pull over.” She said seriously. He looked behind him to see just how bad Nikki looked, and did as she asked without questioning. As soon as the car was slowed down enough, Lynn opened the door and jumped out and ran to the other side. “HP, get out.” She ordered. He nodded and also followed orders once the car stopped, and watched as she pulled Nikki out and walked away from the others.

“Nikki, look at me, breathe okay? Since when is it this bad?” she asked, referring to Nikki’s claustrophobia that she had had since they'd known each other.

“It always gets worse when I’m nervous, you know that.”

“Nervous because of the dudes in the car?”

“You know how shy I am, why are you acting so surprised?”

“I’m not surprised, I’m just… trying to figure out why four nice guys make you nervous. Would you rather be in a car with drug dealing pimps?”

“No,” she laughed, sniffling back more tears from stress.

“You’re shy, and they’re strangers, and you’re squished up against two of them you hardly know, and it’s freaking you out. You’re already stressed out because you got lost, and deep down you beat yourself up over it for being stupid, even though it’s all Daves fault. We need to get him back by the way, he just started a prank war I think. Anyway, are you okay now that you got some air?”

Nikki laughed as Lynn refused to wait for an answer and hugged her. “Thanks, Lynn.” She sighed, hugging back. “You’re welcome, now lets get this love fest overwith… Jar-somebody, is taping us.” Lynn laughed as she let go.

“Is everything all right?” Jarppi asked as soon as they were close enough to hear him. “I’m okay, yeah.” Nikki smiled, feeling as stupid as she did when they found her. “She’s claustrophobic, so being crammed in that car kind of set it off, that’s all. She just needed some air.” Lynn explained. “Oh, well sit up front then so it doesn’t happen again, would that help?” Jukka asked hopefully. “You don’t have to do that.” Nikki replied quickly. “No, I have already made my decision. Jukka rides in the trunk!” Jarppi announced as he and Jarno attacked their fellow blonde, and shoved him into the trunk of the car as HP filmed. “He should have enough air for… a few hours at least.” Jarppi announced to the camera with a grin, and got into the driver’s seat, “Everybody in! We have to catch up with Dave if we want to start this party!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't have much to say for this chapter. There will probably be a few typos, or things that don't make much sense in there though. Please try your best to ignore them; I was posting on another website and things got a little screwed up during editing between them in my Word Document.