Mielisairas Rakkaus - a Crazy Dudesons Love Story

"See you tomorrow!"

“NIKKI!” Lynn screamed, falling to her knees and sobbing openly as Jukka caught her in a daze and held her, staring blankly at the room in front of them. The others were in as much shock as they were, but handled it better than Lynn.

The doctor had said it was possibility, but no one expected it to happen. They never expected to come back from lunch and find Nikki’s room full of staff, and see her looking like that. They didn’t expect to see HP and Dave in tears, and they didn’t expect in a million years to feel so strongly what they felt in that moment.

“Hi Lynn,” Nikki smiled weakly as she lay slightly propped up, awake and smiling slightly as the staff continued to check over her.

“Wh-when…?”

“Half an hour before Squint went to get you!” Bam answered form the waiting room.

Lynn shook her head as more tears rolled down her face as she looked up to see Jukka grinning widely. “So when are we taking you home?” he asked, looking more boyish than Nikki or Lynn had ever seen him.

“Nikki I thought you were dead, when Squint came in crying, and then I saw the doctors and Dave and HP crying, and I couldn’t see you, and I thought you were gone! I thought I was about to die too because I didn’t think I had you anymore! You’re my sister, Nichole, and I thought I lost you!” Lynn sobbed, breaking away from Jukka and forcing her way into the hospital room to hug her.

“If you thought we were hard to pull away from her… you might need to call a swat team to get them apart.” Dave laughed while Nikki and Lynn suffocated each other.

“I wouldn’t leave you, Lynndsay, I need you too. I love you, Lynn!” Nikki breathed through her own tears, sounding so weak and tired that it broke the hearts of everyone who knew her.

“Dude, I think you just lost your girlfriend to Lynn!” Dico laughed to HP, earning an elbow to the ribs from Rake.

“No, we’re just family… and we almost lost her. They ARE sisters, Dico, they aren’t just very close friends, they were meant to be together like that. I think they were supposed to be sisters, and Lynn was just born to the wrong family.” Squint nodded, pleased to see his family coming back together again.

After the reunion was finally ended by the hospital staff, everyone was made to wait in the waiting room quietly, while Nikki was evaluated. HP’s leg was bouncing as he sat waiting to go back to her. Lynn was sitting on the floor leaning against Squint and Jukka’s legs, Jarppi was talking with Jarno in Finnish about something, the only words Lynn could catch and understand were very random things like, “Fire”, “Nikki and Dave”, “Car”, and something about the tattoo shop. She stopped listening after a while. Bam, Ape, and Phil were all in a corner of their own. Bam was going on about the party he wanted to throw when Nikki got out of the hospital, and his parents were both trying to talk him out of it.

Dave was pacing in circles, too excited to sit still.

“Sit down Dave you’re pissing me off!” Lynn spat finally, kicking him in the ankle and making him fall.

“STOP!” Squint ordered when he went to punch her, “Not here guys, just wait for Nikki.” He sighed before closing his eyes again.

“I really thought I was going to lose her,” HP muttered after a while of silence.

“We all did,” Dave nodded.

“No,” Lynn mumbled, “She’s our sister, Dave, it’s a different kind of loss. It’s different for him, none of us can relate to what he thought he was going to lose.” She admitted.

“When I thought she was dead after the train passed, I never felt a pain like that… I never thought something could hurt so bad.” He explained, looking up to his fellow Dudesons, “I’ve been scared and hurt for you guys before after some of our more stupid games and stunts, but this was something very different.”

“We know, but it’s almost over.” Squint beamed, trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, all we have now is physical therapy after her ankle heals up and it’s back to normal!” Jarppi grinned.

Everyone nodded and continued to wait until they could go see Nikki, which wasn’t until they moved her from the ICU to a normal hospital recovery room. At that point, everyone was so crammed into the room there was hardly room to breathe.

“Okay… one of you has really bad B.O.” Nikki laughed quietly, sending the sound of laughter and sniffing to circulate through the room. “Actually,” Lynn laughed, “It’s all of us I think.”

“We haven’t left that hallway outside your room up there unless it was to go to the bathroom, sleep in the wiating room, or take turns going for food, since we all got here.” Bam explained.

“There is a shower in the bathroom, go take turns using that then.” She smirked. He frowned and pouted a little, pretending to be hurt just to see her smile again. He couldn’t imagine what it would have been like for them all to go and bury her. The thought actually brought a few fresh tears to his eyes.

“See?! You all stink so bad it’s making Bam cry!” she joked, earning the finger from the skater. “Seriously, Bam, what’s wrong?” she asked, very slowly and carefully moving her legs and patting the bed for him to sit down here her injured ankle used to rest. “Nothing,” he smiled, shaking his head while accepting her offer, leaving HP, Lynn, Dave, Squint, Nikki, and him all on the small hospital bed, somehow fitting together. “I mean it Bam, you looked really down all of a sudden.” She frowned. “I was just thinking about some things that I don’t want to think about.” He explained.

“Like what?”

“Just nevermind, Nikki! Be happy damn it!” he tried to joke, but she still caught the tear that slid down his face.

“Just tell me, I almost died, Bam. The least you can do is tell me what has you down? Who knows how much longer we will know each other?”

“That’s it!” he breathed, turning to her with a very painful expression, “I was thinking about what it would be like if we had to bury you. If you never woke up, and that train did more than fuck up your foot! I would have to watch everyone I know cry for you, and I wouldn’t be able to do anything because I would be crying just as hard! I can’t fucking imagine putting you in the ground, that’s what I’m crying about!” he shouted before breaking down. She started crying too, and reached out to hold his hand while HP put his arm around her.

“Guys, I’m not going anywhere. Well, maybe Finland, but that’s all. I’m not going to die any time soon. You’re all too much fun to be around!” she beamed.

“You are really hard to kill, did you know that?” Squint asked randomly, making a few people laugh. “No, guys, think about it! After everything she has been though, Jason, his bitch of a sister, the drugs, the boxcutter, the drinking, and now getting hit by a train?!”

“… hit by the train?” she asked blankly.

“You don’t remember what happened?” Jarno questioned with wide worried eyes.

“I remember sitting with HP at the table, and then I remember hearing the train go by and I blacked out on the ground… I really got hit?”

“You saved the lives of two little boys, one was just a baby.” HP smiled proudly, kissing her cheek, “You’re a hero.”

She smiled and snuggled closer to him, relaxing in his arms while still holding Bam’s hand before bursting out in amused giggles. “You need a shower too,” she giggled.

“Nikki, have you smelled you lately? You smell just as bad as we do.” Dave scoffed.

“You didn’t get hit by a train! I did! I deserve to smell like ass, I saved lives, I’m a hero!” she argued childishly.

“I am so happy that you aren’t different than you were before. The doctors said that you could have lost your memory, and warned us that when you woke up that you would not know who we are… instead you remembered everything except getting hit.” Jukka beamed, finding a place on the bed for him to sit as well until everyone’s least favorite nurse walked in and cleared her throat.

“One, visiting hours are over, you all have to leave. Two, what do you think you’re all doing sitting on that bed, you’ll break it! Three, leave her alone she needs rest. Not jokes and noise!”

“Wait, no!” Nikki gasped, looking up at the woman, horrified. “It’s okay, Nikki, we will see you frist thing tomorrow.” HP smiled sadly as everyone slowly got off of her bed, but she wouldn’t let go of him. “I don’t want you to go away… I don’t like hospitals, and I’ve never been alone in one before… please stay with me? Please!” she begged as tears welled up in her eyes.

Lynn was glaring daggers at the nurse, who was waiting impaitently for everyone to leave the room. “One person,” she demanded.

“What?”

“One person stays with her. We’re all sleeping in the parking lot, in the hummers, but he stays here with her.”

“I don’t think so.”

While Lynn argued with the nurse, HP was still trying to convince Nikki that she would be okay, but she wasn’t going to accept it. “But Jason,” she whimpered, still holding onto his hands tightly. “Jason isn’t anywhere close to us. You will be okay, I promise with my life, Nikki.” He sighed, kissing her lightly.

“No! I always have those dreams, and I’m scared! I don’t want you to leave me, because what if I have them again and you won’t be here?” she cried.

“I think it is better for her, if he stays. Look how upset she is getting with him trying to leave, after everything she has been through, she needs rest like you said. She won’t get any without him keeping her calm. She will be too afraid.” Jarno explained.

“Fine… HE can stay. Everyone else, you have to leave.” She huffed and stormed out.

“See you tomorrow!” Squint waved as each person came up and hugged her goodnight, promising to see her in the morning.

“See you all tomorrow.” She smiled while HP found a way for them both to lay in the uncomfortable hospital bed together, keeping her warm under the thin blankets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Post your thoughts, reactions, comments, concerns, or suggestions in the comments! I'm starting to feel like I only have one or two readers for this... is it true?