Drop Dead.

Best.

“Did you two have fun?” Mimi asks after Laker and I return. Laker grins and goes to tell her about all the fun we had at the mall. Of course he mentions nothing about our kiss or how he considered it to be a “date.” I still haven’t told Mimi or Ken and I plan on keeping it that way for a while.

“How about you?” Laker asks. “How was your alone time?” He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, which gets him a smack from Mimi.

“Laker! Get your head out of the gutter.”

“But the gutter is the best place to be.”

Ken laughs but shuts up when Mimi gives him a menacing glare. Sighing, she shakes her head and tells us about the lovely dinner they had. Once she finished she ushered Laker and I upstairs. Laker took a seat on my bed while I sat in my computer chair once more until the memories of earlier come flashing through my mind. Blushing, I get up and sit in front of the TV, grabbing a controller from my Xbox and turning it on.

“Oh, Jinx playing video games? Now this is a sight.”

“Shut it,” I snap, logging on and finding myself a match on Call of Duty. Laker got more into the game than I did, screaming at everything that he could and shouting about those damn noobs. I couldn’t help but chuckle every time he cussed at the TV. It’s not like they could hear him—what a dumb ass.

Once I decided that it’d be best for both Laker and myself to turn off the game, I do. Laker frowns and looks at me with wide eyes. “What’d you do that for?”

“You were screaming at a TV. I’m sure that isn’t healthy.”

“It may not be healthy but it’s perfectly normal. All of us do it.”

“I don’t.”

“You’re an exception, weirdo.” Laker sticks his tongue out at me and I just roll my eyes. Turning off the Xbox, I grab my remote and flip through the channels before deciding on watching Bones. It’s probably one of my favorite shows on TV along with NCIS.
“What is it with you and these murder shows?” Laker grunts from behind me.

“They’re interesting,” I reply with a shrug of my shoulders. My floorboards creak, telling me Laker has gotten off my bed. He ends up sitting himself down beside me, his hand about to place itself on my own. Before he can I move my hand and cross my arms over my chest, leaning my back against the end of my bed.

I pretend like I didn’t just move my hand on purpose and stare at the TV screen. Out of the corner of my eye I see Laker frown but he quickly shakes his head and wipes it off his face. For the rest of the night we sit around watching TV until it’s late and I yawn.

“Tired?” Laker asks, brushing his fingers over my chest. I flush and nod. My eyes are starting to get heavy and it’s hard to keep them open. I’m not sure what time it is but I don’t care. I’m tired and ready for bed.

I get up and grab me a pair of clean boxers. I go to change until I remember that Laker is still in the room. Laughing, he says, “Oh come on I’m not going to look.”

“Like hell you aren’t,” I growl, stomping out of the room. There is no way in hell I’m changing with Laker in the room. It is obvious that he’d look and maybe even jump me. Pervert.

Once I change I make my way back to my room to find Laker curled up in my bed. His breathing is slow and eyes shut, telling me that he somehow passed around while I was gone. What I don’t understand is why he’s in my bed. Who said he could sleep there? Where am I going to sleep now?

Groaning, I throw my head back and walk over to my bed. Laker left enough room for me so I sneak under the covers and lie on the edge. I can still feel his body heat under the covers and it makes me squirm. I bite my lip and debate on going downstairs to sleep on the couch. Why the hell should I do that though? This is my bed. He should be the one on the couch.

Instead of lingering on it I just shrug it off and close my eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

~

It’s really warm. Something is around my waist and pressing against my back. My neck tingles at the feel of air brushing against it. There’s something crawling just above my belly button and it causes me to shiver. I groan and reach to scratch the area when I find my fingers running over something that definitely is not my stomach. My fingers clasp around a hand and it’s then I realize…

My eyes shoot open and I turn my head to find Laker lying right behind me. He has me pressed against him, his arm around my waist and face buried close to my neck. His bare chest has itself pressed against my back. His heat is wrapping itself around me—that must have been the reason I felt so hot.

When did he get so close?

I look around to see that I haven’t moved from where I fell asleep last night, which meant that he was the one who decided it was ok to hold me in his sleep. What if Mimi or Ken had walked in and saw us? Why is that the first thing I ask myself? I should be pissed off about him holding me just because it’s weird.

Grumbling, I throw Laker’s arm off me, waking him up in the process.

“The hell?” his hoarse voice asks, fists rubbing his tired eyes.

“What’s your problem?” I grunt, kicking him away from me. “Who said you could cuddle with me in your sleep, you ass!”

Laker grunts. “Stop being such a bitch. It’s fine.”

“Like hell it is. It’s weird!”

“Weird?” Laker sits up, his eyes turning into slits. I glare right back. “You think that is weird when just yesterday we were making out in your computer chair? What the hell is your problem, Jinx? Stop being so damn touchy. We’re dating, it’s normal.”

“It isn’t normal,” I reply angrily. “It’s fucking weird. We’re both guys. We shouldn’t be dating in the first place.”

“You are just so fucking…” Laker shakes his head, running his hand over his face. Sighing, he gets up and out of bed, throwing on his pants and shirt. Without looking back at me he stomps over to the door and throws it open, slamming it shut after he leaves.

I can hear his footsteps going down the steps and even him opening the front door. I groan and fall back onto the bed, throwing my hands over my face and telling myself that this is for the best. If he’s angry at me hopefully we won’t talk and we’ll just break it off then I won’t have to worry about all these weird feelings.

This is for the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I completely forgot about this story
Sorry
I'll upload the next chapter too as a shitty form of an apology