Status: complete.

Honey

February 14, 2009 (Thursday)

Frank walked into work Thursday morning, late, and found a giant bouquet of roses lying on the front counter. A smile spread onto his lips as he approached the gift. "Eliza?" He called out. "Are these yours?"

"No. Who the hell, in their right mind, would give me roses?" She retorted, laughing. "Although your boyfriend's brother is taking me to dinner tonight."

Frank laughed with her, telling her congratulations in the process. He reached forward and opened the card that was attached to the flowers and read what had been written inside. The words had been scribbled in Gerard's messy handwriting that Frank had learned to adore. Typically, he hated anything that he had to read with difficulty. However, even though Gerard's writing became a little difficult when he was tired, Frank had learned to accept Gerard's flaws; He even learned to find them endearing.

Happy Valentines Day, love.
More to come.


The message was short and simple, and even though he didn't sign his name, Frank knew it had come from Gerard.

"Did you read it already?" Frank asked.

"Yeah. It was cute. I wish someone would send me roses."

Frank laughed."I thought you said no one in their right mind would give you roses."

Eliza emerged from the candy isle. "Yes I did, my dear. However, not once did I say I didn't want any."

Frank smiled and lifted the bouquet so he could smell his Valentines Day gift. Eliza shook her head as she went back to stocking shelves. It surprised how immersed in Valentines Day Frank had gotten. Ever since he'd told her about Gerard's secret plans he'd been obsessing over the fourteenth. When he was with Josh, Valentines Day was nice but it had never been like this. She thought it was beautiful thing, seeing Frank this happy with someone who was equally as happy with him, if not more so.

Pulling out her phone, Eliza opened her recent calls and hit talk.

"Hello?"

"Just doing my duty," Eliza whispered into the phone so Frank couldn't hear.

"He's there?"

"Yeah. Standing in the front of the store obsessing over those flowers," Eliza said leaning over so she could see Frank. "I gotta go though. Can't look suspicious, now."

She hung up the front and picked up a few packs of skittles before tossing them at Frank, hitting him in the back of the head. "Get to work, lover boy. Those flowers are never going to kiss you back!"

Frank gave Eliza the finger before placing the flowers behind the counter. He walked to the candy isle and helped Eliza stock all the m&ms. "Where are you and Michael going?" he asked.

Eliza shrugged. "No idea. All he told me was to look sexy," she answered, giggling. "It's kind of nice, though, Not knowing."

Frank raised his brows. "You think so? It tortures me, not knowing. Gerard has been making little comments for two weeks about what he has planned for today. You know, he doesn't even want me to get him a gift?"

Eliza nodded. "Yes I do. You've told me about fifty million times now, Frankie. I'm assuming you've already bought him that tie and the card?"

"Yeah. Although the tie has been changed to a giant stuffed gorilla holding a box of chocolates. He's living in my apartment right now. You should stop by and see him before he moves out this afternoon."

Just before Eliza could respond the shop doors opened and a man shouted "Delivery for Frank Iero?"

Frank offered Eliza a confused look. "'Delivery'?"

"Go answer him, dip-shit."

Frank poked his tongue out and cautiously approached the man standing in the center of the store. "Uh... you said I had a delivery?"

"You Frank?" The guy said.

Frank nodded.

"You got a box."

The man handed the package over and walked out without a word. Frank stared down at the small gift wrapped in red paper, confusion written all over his face.

"What happened?" Eliza asked, smiling. She found the situation hilarious since she was in on the surprise.

"He didn't even ask me to sign anything. He handed me the present and walked out; not a word."

Eliza folded her arms. "Well... are you going to open it?"

Frank shrugged and removed the lid from the box. Inside, lying on top of pink tissue paper, was a faded note, folded into a neat square. Frank placed the box on top of the counter before unfolding the note. It was a map.

"This guy..." Frank mumbled. "He turned this into an art project.

On the map, Gerard had drawn a stick person to represent Frank and where he was currently standing, and arrows telling him which direction he was supposed to go in order to reach his destination.

"Are you gonna go? Gerard is probably there," Eliza said.

Frank looked to his friend and then the map. "You think so?" He asked.

Eliza rolled his eyes. "Yeah. I mean, are you gonna make him wait there until you get off work eight hours from now?"

Frank weighed his options, deciding Eliza made perfect sense. "Yeah. I think I'll go. Thanks, Eliza."

"Don't mention it, Franklin," she said, giggling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part One