All I Need.

Chapter 2.

“Momma?” Kara’s soft voice awoke Riley from her sleep. She sat up in bed and ran her hand through her hair.

“What’s wrong baby?” Riley asked, patting the bed, which Kara happily jumped onto. Riley watched with an amused smile as her daughter got her self comfortable, clutching her black and white penguin, a gift from her Uncle Kris.

“I miss daddy.” Kara pouted, her eyes threating to fall with tears.

It broke her heart, that she didn’t get to see her daddy everyday. “Oh, baby.” Riley breathed, pulling her closer to her. “How ‘bout we call him?”

“Really?” She asked, that signature Staal grin on her face. “I cans talk to daddy?”

Riley laughed, and grabbed her phone off her nightstand. “Let’s see if he’s up, baby girl.”

Riley dialed Jordan’s number and waited patiently for him to pick up.

“Hello?” Jordan answered his phone, his voice husky.

“Hey, it’s me.” Riley said.

“Hey, how are you?” Jordan asked, sitting up in his bed.

“I’m fine. It’s Kara actual-” Riley got out, before Jordan cut her off.

“Kara? What’s wrong? Is she okay?” Jordan asked, fear evident in his voice. He’d go crazy if something was wrong with his baby. Kara was his pride and joy. The first thing he ever felt like he was doing right in life.

“Relax.” Riley chuckled. “Kara just misses you.”

“Oh. I thought something was wrong.” Jordan breathed a sigh of relief. “Can you put my baby on?” He asked.

“Okay.” Riley said, handing the phone to Kara. “Daddy wants to speak to you.”

Kara smiled and grabbed the phone from her momma’s hand. “Daddy?” She asked. “Is this you?”

“Yeah, it’s me baby. Why aren’t you sleep?” He asked, glancing at the clock that was flashing, 12:34 am.

“I miss you daddy.”

Jordan ran his hand through his short blonde hair. It was times like this, that he hated what he did for a living. It was easy to become jealous of men with 9 to 5 jobs, because they got to see their children every day.

“I miss you to, Karabear.” Jordan said, and smiled when he heard her child like laughter. “When I get home, we’ll spend the day together, okay?”

“Okay.” Kara agreed. “Can we have Tea Parties? And, make cookies? And, watch Dora?” Kara asked, listing some of her favorite things to do with her daddy.

“Of course.” Jordan told her. He found it hard to tell her no. When he gained the courage to, all Kara had to do is pout her lips, and make her blue eyes big, and he found himself agreeing to what his baby girl wanted. Telling her no, was a lost cause.

“Baby, tell daddy good night. He has a game tomorrow.” Riley informed her daughter, moving her blonde hair away from her face.

“Okay.” Kara pouted, making Riley laugh. Unlike Jordan, she could tell her daughter no, and not feel guilty about it.

“Daddy?” Kara said in the cell phone.

“Right here baby.” He reminded her.

“Mommy says I got to go to bed. I don’t wanna.” Kara said, close to tears.

“Aww, baby. Why not?”

“I has a bad dream.” Kara said. “Monster are under my bed and my closet daddy.”

“Aww, Karabear. I tell you what? When I get back, I’ll get rid of the monsters, okay? I‘ll make sure they never bother you again.” Jordan’s heart was breaking. He wanted to be there for his baby girl, and chase away those monster, but he couldn’t.

“Okay, two sleeps right?” She asked.

“Two sleeps, baby girl.” Jordan laughed. “I love you sugar pie-” Jordan paused, wanting her to finish it.

“Honey bunch. You know that I love ya!” She giggled. “Love you to daddy. ‘Night.”

“Night, sweet dreams. Give the phone back to mommy, okay.”

Kara handed the phone to her momma, and cuddled into her momma. If she couldn’t cuddle with her daddy, her momma would have to do.

“Hey. Thanks for talking to her.” Riley said.

“No problem. Can I get her for the weekend, when I get back?” Jordan asked, he was unsure of her answer. Since they didn’t have a custody agreement, Jordan was basically with Kara whenever he didn’t have to play hockey.

“Sure. ‘Night.”

“Night. Kiss Kara for me, okay?”

“Will do.” Riley told him. She placed her phone back on her night stand and placed a kiss on a sleep Kara’s forehead. Riley grinned and picked up Kara’s baby book. She felt tears in her eyes are she looked in the book. She placed her finger on her favorite picture. It was of Kara and Jordan, Kara being one and they both had on birthday hats on. Jordan and Kara were both smiling at the camera, their blue eyes bright. It always made Riley tingle when she saw Jordan’s eyes. It was probably the best thing about him. She laughed, thinking about when she first thought that.

- - -

Riley wasn’t sure why she agreed to go out with Vero, Marc-Andre Fleury’s girlfriend. Maybe it was the fact that Vero had been bugging her for the past month to come out with her. Or maybe it was the fact that Jordan was getting under her skin, and she needed a couple of drinks in her system.

Riley rushed home from work and quickly showered. She slipped on her favorite pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a lacy purple cami. Riley curled her hair to perfection and kept her makeup light; lip gloss and eye liner. She slipped on a dark purple v-neck sweeter and her favorite pair of 2 inch black high heels.

Riley picked up her keys and wallet, quickly stuffing them in her pockets as she heard her inter com buzz. She told Vero to wait, she’d come down to her.

Riley locked up her apartment and took the elevator down to the lobby. She grinned and hugged Vero and was introduced to Abby, Tyler Kennedy’s girlfriend.

The three women laughed the way to the club, where they were taken inside and taken to the VIP area.

Abby and Vero ordered beers, while Riley ordered a wine cooler, she was a light weight and her getting drunk resulted in her being very touchy.

“Oh no.” Abby whined, her eyes glued to the door.

“What?” Vero asked, her eyes following Abby's glaze. “Oh no, this was supposed to be a girls night out.”

Riley turned around and let out a frown grace her face. She spotted Marc Andre, Sidney, Tyler, Geno, and Jordan.

“It is and it can still be.” Abby insisted. “We can just pretend like their not here.”

Vero nodded her head in agreement. Though her eyes caught Marc Andres and she sent him a kiss, and giggled when he caught it. “So, Riley, you're single right?”

Riley nodded her head. “Have been for the past five months.”

“How come?” Abby asked.

“My last boyfriend was cheating behind my back with my cousin. He ended up getting her pregnant.” She explained, looking down at her hands. She hated telling that story.

“His loss.” Vero said, and Abby was quick to agree.

“Excuse me?”

Riley looked up and saw one of the waiters holding a beer in his hand. “Yeah?”

The waiter placed the beer in front of her. “This is from that gentleman over there.” He pointed towards a smirking Jordan. “He says, hello.”

Riley shook her head in disgust. “Take it back please, and tell him he can shove it up his ass.”

The waiter chuckled before walking away. Riley watched as the waiter placed the drink in front of Jordan. She smirked when he frowned.

“So, what’s the deal with you two?” Vero, who has watched the whole thing, asked. It was no secret that Jordan had been trying his hardest to get a date with Riley.

“Nothing.” Riley said. “Nothing is going on with us. He can’t take a damn hint.”

“Ladies,” Vero, Abby and Riley looked up to see Tyler, Marc Andre and Jordan standing there.

Riley gave Tyler and Marc Andre a small smile, before she glared at Jordan.

She watched as Tyler and Marc Andre pulled Abby and Vero out of their seats and onto the dance floor.

“You sent my drink back.” Jordan said, taking the seat across from her. “Why?”

“I don’t need you buying me a beer.”

“I was just trying to be nice.” Jordan said.

“More like trying to get me drunk, and get into my pants.” She snorted.

Jordan groaned and ran his hands through his hair. “You, are by far the most, strangest woman I have met.” He sighed, “I send you a drink and it gets sent back to me. I don’t get you.”

“I’m not like most women, Staal.” She admitted.

“So, we're going by last names now?” Jordan was amused.

“Yup. Is that a problem for you, Staal?” Riley smirked.

“No, Decker.” Jordan said with a smile. “Dance with me?”

Maybe Riley was finally feeling the buzz of the wine cooler, or maybe it was the pout Jordan was giving her. It was the damn pout. His lips poked out, and his blue eyes were big. His eyes were probably the best thing about him. God, there was something so special about them that made her feel all tingly inside.

“One dance, and your hands where I can see ‘em, Staal.”