All I Need.

Chapter 5.

“I think you should go on a date.” Sophie said as soon as Riley sat down at the table.

Riley raised her eyebrows at her best friend. “A date?” She asked, taking off her jacket.

Sophie rolled her eyes, placing her menu down on the table. “Yes, a date. Ya know when you go out to dinner with a nice guy? A date.”

“I know what date is smartass.” Riley said, shaking her head with a small laugh. “Besides I don’t date.”

Sophie sighed, this was going to be more hard then she thought. “Why not?”

“I have a daughter to look after.” Riley answered, sipping her water.

“Right.” Sophie agreed nodding her head. “You have a daughter, but she also has a father.”
“I just can’t leave Kara with Jordan to go on a date, Sophie.” Riley said, rolling her eyes.

“The guys have a lot of home games this month, and Jordan is more than capable of taking care of Kara.” Sophie pointed out with a pointed look on her face.

“I know.” Riley said, biting her lip.

“Than what’s the problem? What’s holding you back from dating?” She asked, folding her arms.

“It’s just…I…um.” Riley said, trying to come up with some excuse for what was holding her back from dating.

Sophie shook head and frowned. “Your still not over Jordan, hun?”

“I’m not.” She admitted with a groan. “Every time I think I am, all he has to do is smile, or hug me, or touch me and I’m weak in the knees. I just can’t get over him, Sophie.”

“Even after what he did to you?” Sophie asked softly.

“Even after what he did to me, I just can’t get over him.” Riley admitted.

Sophie nodded her head in understanding. “I know, but if you ever want to go on that date, just call me.” She said, before walking towards the restroom.

Riley ran her fingers through her hair, she knew she wouldn’t be needing that number for a while. Jordan Staal would be hard to get over. And Riley wasn’t to sure that she wanted to.

- - -

Riley was so caught up in work that she nearly had a heart attack when her office door opened. Evgeni gave her a grin as he walked in.

“I scare?” He asked, sitting down in one of her chairs.

Riley caught her breath before nodding her head. “Just a little.”

“Did not mean to.” He said, with a frown.

Riley smiled, “I know, it’s alright. What can I do for you?”

Riley normally did all the planning for the boys road trips, she booked the hotel’s for them. Not only that, but she did whatever Mario needed her to do.

But she had a feeling that he didn’t need something planned, she knew that he wanted to talk to her. Riley was one of the few people Evgeni felt comfortable talking with.

“Jordan is good guy.” Evgeni said, making Riley roll her eyes.

“Did Jordan send you in here for this?” She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Evgeni shook his head in the negative. “No, I come for me. I don’t get why?” He paused shaking his head. “Jordan is good guy, you good girl, have beautiful daughter. Why not together?”

It was something Evgeni always asked himself, maybe because he felt like he had small part in why they broke up. So he felt like it was his job to get them back together.

Riley half smiled, she knew he felt bad about Jordan and her self’s break up, but he shouldn’t be. “Evgeni, we’ve already been over this. Jordan messed up, he hurt me really bad.”

Evgeni nodded his head in understanding. “But is sorry.”

“I know he’s sorry, but he had to prove that himself.” She said, leaning back in her chair.
Evgeni was in deep thought before he opened his mouth. “You love him, he love you. Jordan sorry, he made mistake. Now he pay for mistake. But don’t make him pay to long.”

“I just want to know that he’s sorry for what he did. That’s all I want, Evgeni. Just for him to prove that he’s sorry and that he won’t do it again.” Riley said, holding back her tears. “If I take him back, how do I know that he won’t break my heart again?”

It seemed like everyone wanted to tell her why she shouldn’t get back with Jordan, or why she should.

Evgeni nodded his head, before walking over to Riley and pulling her into a hug. “I know, not mean to make you cry. Jordan is good guy. Good guy is hard for girl to find. Don’t hold back to long, he sorry.”

“I know he is, Evgeni.” Riley said, and she knew he was sorry. But to her, actions spoke louder than words. If Jordan really wanted to get back with Riley, then he would make it happen. He would have to prove that he wouldn’t break her heart again. Riley’s heart wasn’t something that would be played with.
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason I haven't updated in so long is that my family and I just moved. Everything took a really long time to get done, so I couldn't update. But I'm back now, and updates are too!
And in the two weeks that I haven't updated, Jordan has scored three goals! I can't believe I missed them!

I hope I did a good Evgeni, 'cause he has a good point. lol Anyways, is anyone else tired of reading what Jordan did wrong? I know I am, he needs to hurry up and fix it. Step his game up, or Riley might be needing that phone number.
Lots of you said that you wanted to see a Mike Green story, so:Perfect Paradise.

Massive love and thanks to everyone that's commenting and reading this story. I love hearing what you guys think!