All I Need.

Chapter 7

Jordan was a nervous wreck on the way to Riley’s place. He nervously fiddled with his fingers while thinking what he was going to say to Riley once he saw her. He wanted her to know that he was sorry for his actions. But he was sure that Riley didn’t want to hear that he was sorry for the millionth time.

Jordan pushed all thoughts to the back of his head as he handed the cab driver a hundred dollar bill and grabbed his duffel bag and headed up towards Riley’s door. He let out a few cuss words as lighting struck, you would think Jordan being 6’4 that he wouldn’t be afraid of the lighting. Though he would swear up and down that he wasn’t afraid, but the sound of the lighting just bugged him.

His hand didn’t even get a chance to knock on the door before it opened. Jordan opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it once he saw the fear on Riley’s face.

“Come here.” He muttered, dropping his bag and opening his arms wide.

Jordan was worried that Riley wouldn’t just fall into his arms and let him make everything okay. Because to be honest, Jordan wanted her to fall into his arms so he could get the chance to make things okay.

He was taken by surprise when Riley did in fact hug him back. She buried her face into his neck inhaling his aftershave that used to and still did drive her crazy.

“I’m so glad you’re here Jordan, I was worried that you wouldn’t come.” Riley whispered, not even caring that she was letting down her guard just a little bit. It felt good to know that Jordan had came when she needed him.

Jordan half smiled. “I’ll always be there when you need me Riley. Always.”

Lighting struck again and this time Riley smiled and moved back from Jordan and laughed once she saw how soaked he was from the rain. His shirt was clinging to his body, making his muscles bludge out. Riley resisted the urge to just touch his muscles. “Let’s go get you something dry to wear.” She said holding out her hand and pushing to door open.

Without even thinking about it Jordan placed his hand in hers. With his other hand he grabbed his bag and followed Riley into her house. He dropped his bag by the door and frowned once Riley dropped his hand and walked away. He stood there in confusion as Riley headed up the stairs.

She paused mid-way up the stairs and giggled. “C’mon, Jordan. My bedroom is up the stairs. You know that.”

Jordan immediately smirked making Riley half smile.

“Don’t get any ideas mister." Riley scolded him with a smile. "I just want you to sleep with me.”

“Sleep with you?” Jordan asked, this time he was really confused.

Sleeping with Riley would be hard. He just couldn’t lay in the same bed, let alone the same room, and not want to touch her or hold her. Heck, Jordan just liked to feel her in his arms. Sleeping in the same room as Riley would be a hard thing to do.

Riley laughed. “Yes.” She admitted. “I want you to lay down with me, I thought I told you not to get any ideas.”

Jordan smiled. Riley wanting to sleep in the same bed as him was a big step. Maybe it meet that Riley was slowing starting to forgive him and move on.

Riley bit her lip and held out her hand. “If you don’t get out of those clothes soon, you’ll catch a-”

She didn’t even get time to finish her sentence as Jordan ran up the stairs and lifted her up over his shoulders.

“Jordan! Let me down!” Riley giggled, slapping his butt.

“Shh, you don’t want to wake up Kara do you?” Jordan asked, as he entered the bedroom he once shared with Riley. It was still the same as when they shared it, expect for some minor changes.

Jordan carefully placed Riley on the bed and when he went to lay her down his eyes connected with Riley’s. And in that moment Riley’s lips connected with Jordan. It was magically. Fucking magically. It was a gesture so simple but yet it meant so much to Riley. And Jordan. When they pulled apart for air, Jordan gasped for air. Kissing Riley always took his breath away.

“Fuck Riley.” He muttered. “I didn’t mean to do that, I’m sorry.”

Riley smirked, pulling Jordan closer to her. “Don’t apologize Jordan. Not right now.” She whispered before once again connecting their lips. It felt so right to kiss him. It was like his lips were made to just kiss her.

“Mommy?” Came a small voice by the door.

Riley was quick to pull away from Jordan. She smiled once she saw Kara standing in the doorway holding a Rangers teddy bear that her uncle Marc had gave her.

“Hey baby girl.” Jordan said, quickly brushing his lips over Riley’s one last time.

“Daddy?” Kara asked. “Dat you?”

“Yeah.” Jordan chuckled, just as lighting struck making Kara run across the room and onto Riley’s bed.

“Hey now.” Jordan said, picking Kara up. “There’s nothing to be sacred of baby girl. Daddy’s here now.” He whispered.

Kara laid her head on his shoulder and then moved it back. “You wet.” She giggled.

“Oh yeah.” Jordan said looking down at his shirt. He had got so lost in kissing Riley that he had forgot all about his shirt. “I guess I should go change it hun?” He grinned.

Kara flashed him in identical grin back. “Okay, I wait here.”

While Jordan went to take off his wet clothes, Kara cuddled close to her mama as the lighting continued to go on. Riley’s hands played in Kara’s blonde hair, a quick but sure way to get her to go back to sleep.

Riley’s mind was so full with so many thoughts. Kissing Jordan felt wonderful and it confirmed that she was still in love with him. She just wasn't ready to let go of him. She still loved Jordan, she was just scared. Riley didn’t think she could deal with another broken heart. No she couldn’t. So if she took Jordan back she would have to be able to trust that he wouldn’t hurt her again.

Footsteps interrupted Riley from her thoughts and when she looked at the door she damn near hissed. There stood Jordan Staal, in nothing but a pair of boxers. His whole body looked liked heaven, just wanted to be touched and explored.

Jordan flashed her a grin. “Night.” He turned to head back down the stairs.

“I thought you were going to sleep with me tonight?” Riley yelled out.

“Oh yeah.” Jordan said, running a hand through his head. To be honest, he wasn’t sure if Riley had still wanted him to sleep with him. With a shrug he made his way into the king sized bed.

His body immediately relaxed in the bed. After playing a game and flying home, nothing sounded better than getting a few hours of sleep in.

After Kara snuddled in with Jordan and wrapped his arm around Riley he smiled. This is what he wanted. To have this. It was something so simple as laying down with his daughter and the mother of his daughter, and it was something that Jordan had once took for granted. Never again would he that for granted.

Once Kara was sleep and the lighting died down, Riley popped her arm up and laid her head on her hand.

There was an awkward silence between them before Jordan sighed. “We have to talk Riley.”

“I know.” She whispered.

“I fucked up big time Riley. You know that and I know that. I know that nothing I will ever do will ever take away the pain I caused you. I don’t know what was going on through my mind that night.”

Riley closed her eyes. She could remember that night perfectly. “I do.” She said. “You asked me to marry you.”

“And you said no.” Jordan said. It hurt him so bad when she said no.

“Because we were to young to get married Jordan and I felt like if we would of got married it would of only been because of Kara.”

Jordan rolled his eyes. “Do you honestly think I would ask you to marry me only because of Kara?”

“At that time, yes. That what it seemed like to me.”

“I asked you to marry me because I loved you Riley, not because we have a daughter together. I thought you knew that.”

Riley was silent biting on her lip. “That still doesn’t change the fact that you cheated Jordan. That still doesn’t change the fact that you got mad when I said no and when out and got drunk. It doesn’t change the fact that you had a threesome with Katie O’ Malley and some other girl and I had to find out by getting pictures sent to my phone.”

By now Riley had tears coming down her face and she didn’t even dare to bother to wipe them away. Part of her wanted Jordan to hurt like she hurt right after she saw those pictures.

It was like her whole world was crumbling down. She stayed in bed the whole day, just asking herself why? Part of her didn’t want Jordan to hurt at all. Maybe she could see why he would go out and get drunk because he was hurt. But she couldn’t see nor understand why he would cheat on her.

“I did a horrible think Riley. I was angry and-”

Riley was quick to interrupt him. “So being angry gives you a perfectly good excuse to cheat?”

“No.” Jordan sighed in frustration. “Me being angry didn’t give me a reason to cheat. I was hurt though Riley. The woman I loved, the mother of my daughter didn’t want to marry me. What was I supposed to do? Hun”

Riley sighed, running a hand through her hair. It was getting late and she had work in the morning. “You were supposed to sleep it off and then we would of talked about it Jordan. I would of told you why I said no.” Riley yawned. “Look it’s getting late and I have work tomorrow and you have practice tomorrow, can we please talk about this tomorrow?”

Jordan nodded his head. “Tomorrow Riley.”

“Tomorrow.” She repeated, placing a kiss on Kara’s forehead. She wondered if it would be okay to kiss Jordan good night. They had basically played tongue hockey earlier, so one little kiss couldn’t hurt right? After all, who could resist Jordan Staal?
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in forever, I'm so sorry.
So you all know what Jordan did. What do you think about what he did? What did you think he was going to do?

Anyways, here is my tumblr so if I don't update soon you can remind me on there. So many things have been happening lately that I pushed writing to the back. I'm sorry guys.

I'd love to know what you thought of the chapter and hear your comments, questions on here or on my tumblr! <3