‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 20

----Jinx's P.O.V----

Holy fucking shit.

Yesterday was.....

Yesterday was-Whoah.

I can't believe it.. Wait. I can. I'm sitting in the kitchen as Kyle's mom makes breakfast. By the way, it smells delicious. I watched her, seeing the similarities her and Kyle shared.

I assumed Kyle got his height from his father, his mother was shorter than me.. And that's saying alot. I reach 5'7 barely....

But her hair is brown and I've noticed Kyle's roots being a dark brown.. I dismissed the thought and clenched my jaw together to keep from drooling as Mrs. Burns set a steaming plate of pancakes in front of me.

I licked my lips and eyed them quite noticeably. I gripped the silver fork in my right hand and tried to control the urge to dig in.

She laughed and shook her head lightly. "Eat up, your a growing boy,"

I couldn't have said that better myself.

I didn't give her a second glance as I my fork made contact with plate. I sliced it into small pieces and smiled in triumph as I gulped it all down.

After I washed breakfast down with a glass of orange juice I smiled in content. I sat, perched on one of the many stools and tapped my chin.

I flickered my eyes around, looking for the guys. I began to wander upstairs as I came up empty handed. I swiftly turned the corner and knocked on Kyle's door.

It swung open to reveal him still in his boxers with bed hair. He smiled sleepily at me and yawned, stretching his arms.

"Hey," He murmured, wrapping his lanky arms around my frame.

I laughed and leaned up and kissed his cheek. He made a weird face as he brought his hand up and touched the skin my lips touched.

"Why are your lips sticky?"

"Your mom made breakfast," I admitted sheepishly.

Kyle laughed and shook his head. His hair cascaded down into his face and he quickly swiped it away. He grabbed a pair of pants that were hanging in the closet. He snagged a shirt and tugged it on before jogging back downstairs, me in towe.

----

I laughed and quickly poked Kyle's cheek with my vanilla ice cream cone. His jaw fell open as he starred at me in disbelief.

I smiled cheekily and sprinted in the opposite direction. I tossed my ice cream to the ground as my feet pounded against the concrete. My hair flew back and forth as the wind blew.

I glanced back at Kyle before looking straight ahead. I gasped as I came in contact with another body. I stumbled backwards and grabbed onto them out of habit.

He stumbled and caught his balance, helping me to my feet. He grinned crookedly down at me and adjusted his shirt before sticking his hand out.

I took it shyly and shook it. "S-s-sorry," I stammered, shuffling my feet.

"It's fine, no harm , no foul," He waved it off. "The name's Blake,"

"Blake," I breathed just as Kyle caught up to me.

He eyed Blake with disdain as a scowled edged it way on his face. He wrapped his arm around my waist possessively and pulled me into his side.

"Who's your friend, Jinx?"

"I just met him," I bite my lip. "I ran into him,"

Blake stood his hand out towards Kyle and I looked down as Kyle just starred at it. Blake took it back and laughed awkwardly.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Jinx," Blake smirked. "Call me sometime, won't you?"

I shrugged before nodded as he handed me a slip of folded paper. I took it and slipped it into my pocket carefully.

Kyle grumbled something and tugged on my wrist impatiently. I stumbled after him as he stomped away.

Someones jealous...

We reached his jeep and I quickly climbed in as he didn't wait a second longer when he cranked it.

"What's wrong?"

"You know," He muttered.

"Oh really?" I asked sarcastically, "Please, enlighten me,"

"He was practically eye fucking you!" He growled.

I rolled my eyes at his childish antics and shook my head. "You need to grow up,"

His knuckles turned white as he clenched the steering wheel.

I began to immediately regret the words that spewed from my mouth. I licked my lips nervously and dropped my gaze to my lap as his mouth opened.

"I need to grow up? Me? Are you serious?" He exploded, "I brought you home to my family, to meet my mother and to top it off, I got disowned, again by my dad,"

Tears brimmed my eyes as he continued to yell at me. The words didn't hurt as much as he grumbled profanities the whole ride to his apartment.

It was the fact that it was Kyle himself who was yelling at me... It hurt to know it was him..

Kyle pulled up in his driveway and cut the engine of his jeep. He didn't spare me a glance as he slammed the door shut and stormed into his and Caleb's apartment. I hopped out and quickly trailed after his disappearing form.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn.
There it is.

A fewww more chapters.. five tops.

ALRIGHT.

I Am Going To Make A Sequel.

-insert fan girl squeal here-

Buttttttt.
I'm almost positive it's going to be the last final story to
this seriesss.

I'll probably update again later tonight..

--Com/Sub!