‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 21

----Jinx's P.O.V----

Dammit.

There I go again, screwing everything up!

What if he leaves me?

What if he doesn't love me anymore?

What if he thinks I don't love him?

I grabbed the pillow on the couch and curled into a ball on the couch. Sobs racked my body as I starred intently at the empty hallway.

Kyle's bedroom door was sealed shut. It seemed so far away as it starred back at me. I licked my lips and desperately wiped my tear stained cheeks.

I buried my head in the pillow as small gasps of breaths escaped my chest. I need to control my breathing, I don't need Kyle to think I'm dying or having some attack..

The front door swung open and I snapped my head up to see Caleb, Austin and Jonathan emerge, grinning widely. They were joking around, per usual as they ran inside.

Caleb's eyes met mine and his smiled quickly disappeared. He rushed towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"What's wrong, Is Kyle okay?" His voice was urgent.

I nodded and sobbed his his chest, "He's mad at me,"

"Oh," He said as realization hit him. "What happened?"

"He got jealous-" He cut me off.

He jumped up and stormed upstairs, knocking rapidly on Kyle's bedroom door. Kyle's face was vivid as the door swung open.

"What?" He spat.

Caleb clenched his hands and shoved Kyle backwards into the room. The door slammed shut and yelling soon erupted.

I buried my face in my hands and rolled over onto my side to hide my face. Austin and Jonathan quietly sat down as they whispered back and forth.

I heard running and I looked up in time for Caleb to yank me up and drag me upstairs. I argued the whole way, shaking my head.

Obviously, he didn't listen.

Caleb knocked before shaking his head and pushing Kyle's door open and shoving me inside, quickly slammed the door behind me. I quietly sat down on the edge of Kyle's bed as he grumbled under his breath.

He met my gaze and his features softened as they starred at my face. He let out a long sigh as he he crawled next to me. "I'm sorry Jinx," He mumbled, twiddling with his thumbs.

That's all I needed to hear.

I desperately launched myself into his arms and buried my head in his shoulder. He laughed quietly and wrapped his arms around me.

"I was a jealous douche," He mumbled.

"It's alright," I whispered, "I understand,"

He smiled down at me before connecting our lips together. I pressed mine against his forcefully and knotted my fingers into his blond locks.

He groaned and rolled backwards onto his bed, pulling me with him. I snuggled into his chest and pulled the duvet up around me.

----

I woke up the next morning alone in bed. Panic hit me head on as I realized Kyle wasn't in bed with me. I quickly tugged on some clothes as I peered out the window. The sun was shining brightly from the small opening on the left side.

I wiped my eyes and stumbled out the door as I quietly walked downstairs. Noise erupted from the living room as I emerged around the corner. My eyes flickered around as the guys and a few strangers I didn't know littered the room.

Kyle was the firs to notice me.

He grinned widely and motioned for me to come closer. I carefully walked around everybody and slid in next to him.

I didn't look up for I knew people were starring. Kyle intertwined our hands and laughed at my awkwardness.

"Guys this is Jinx, Jinx that is Danny and Lewis," He pointed them out.

I waved shyly and ducked down under his arms. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer if possible.

I blushed at the contact of his feverish lips against my jaw. I fiddled with my thumbs and swallowed as he pulled away.

Laughs racked his chest as I pouted and crossed my arms. "Your a meanie,"

He grinned jokingly and nudged me, "I'm sorry, will you ever forgive me?"

"I'm not sure," I teased.

He threw his hands up dramatically, "What ever will I do if Jinx doesn't forgive me?"

"You would get fat and eat your life away," Caleb said bluntly.

Kyle huffed and scowled at him. "I don't think I would get fat,"

"I'd like to disagree," Caleb butted in, "When Jinx broke things off in the beginning, you ate, alot."

"So?" Kyle rolled his eyes, "I had nothing better to do,"

"Exactly!" Caleb exclaimed.

"Alright, I get it!" Kyle shook his head, "Without Jinx I'm going to eat my life away, happy?"

"Grouch," Caleb mumbled.

I laughed nervously, "He's just on his period," I teased.

"I'm hungry," He yawned.

"You're always hungry!"

"No," He shook his head, "That's you, pregnant pants,"

"Boys can't get pregnant," I pointed out.

"I'm still testing the theory," He smirked.

I blushed and quickly scampered up, running into the kitchen. Kyle's laughter could be heard as I began pulling out the items I need to make breakfast.

Life's a hurricane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighttttt.
Four more chapters.

GET READY.

--Com/Sub!