‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 4

----Kyle's P.O.V----

"Holy Shit!" Caleb exclaimed, eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. Jinx gasped and curled himself into my chest. Trying to hide.

"I-I-I It's not what-" I stammered.

Caleb shook his head, smirking. "It's a'ight, Just, Lock the door next time, Yeah? We don't want Callie gettin' hurt,"

I blew out a breathe of relief. Jinx untangled his limbs and stood up, his lanky arms dangling at his side.

Caleb grinned and walked off, leaving the door open.

"Callie..." Jinx mumbled regretfully. He walked out of the door abruptly and I jumped up, following him.

"Jinx!" I yelled.

He spun around and bite his lip. "I'm.. I'm sorry.."

I clenched my fist and stormed past him. What is he doing? Seriously? Callie, I hate her. I hater her name. Her looks. I hate everything about her.

I walked past the guys ignoring the looks they were giving me and stood side by side by Kent who was signing stuff for fans.

As soon as I took my place next to Kent and line formed in front of me.

"Kyle can you sign my arm?" A young girl asked shyly.

I nodded and grabbed a sharpie laying on the table. I popped the cap off and scribbled across the skin of her arm. It read: Kyle Burns Loves You, With a smiley face on the side.

She thanked me and bought a shirt before walking off. "Kyle, Can you.. Kiss me?"

I nodded before realization caught up to me. Kiss her? What fucking fan asks that kinda of question?

Oh.. That's right.. Almost all of them. What about Jinx? He'll get- Screw him. He has Callie, Remember? He has a fucking girlfriend.

He's a fucking liar.

I nodded again as she handed a camera to a girl standing beside her.

I leaned across the table and pressed my lips up against hers ever so slowly. I heard snaps after that.. All I could think about was Jinx..

"Thanks!" She exclaimed.

I nodded and watched her as she walked away. She looked over her shoulder and smirked upon seeing me watching her.

What the hell did I just get myself into?

I spun around and looked at every body's reaction. Kent was staring wide-eyed at me, mouth hanging open as if I just shot somebody..

"What?" I ask innocently.

Caleb sighed in frustration and walked off, muttering to himself.

I hesitantly looked at Jinx. He was glaring at me. 'Go to hell,' He mouthed crashing his lips to a surprised Callie.

I rolled my eyes and stormed off.

Seriously?

He's gonna play that card? It was his fucking choice. He picked her over me. I rolled my eyes and turned my head, ignoring the smacking of there lips..

Ugh..

Gross.. He's being obnoxious.

Stupid Jinx. Stupid Callie. Stupid random fan. Stupid dad dis-owning me. I should of just listened to Jinx... I should have.. I should have told my dad later..

We probably wouldn't be in the position..

My stomach twisted in knots and I continue, trying to ignore Callie and Jinx's sharing of saliva..

I shivered in disgust at the mere thought of them kissing.. Ew. Callie, kissing my Jinx? I clenched my jaw and turned toward Jonathan. "I'll be back later, I've got to do something," I mumbled walking off.

I walked off.

Lie.

I ran like a fucking baby. Tears threatening to spill over... That's what I am. I'm a runner. I run away when the going gets tough..

I'm also a screw up. Screw up Burns.. That's my new name. I should be proud it took this short of a time period for me to screw my life up..

I think I deserve a gold medal... I can see it in the newspaper now... Kyle Burns, From the hills of Texas. Burns is know for his nickname, 'Screw up Burns' He won the first gold medal in the world, He should be proud about his screwing up skills... The newspaper article would eventually end..

The next page would be a coupon page.. Dawn soap, Half off.

I screwed up so bad I'm gonna end up a page away from soap coupons...

I sighed and kicked a tiny pebble, sending it soaring across the pavement..

I need a plan... A good one.. It needs a name.. Operation take down Callie?

Brilliant! I shall become her best friend and find out every dark secret that hides beneath that nice, smiling, caring texture she calls her soul...

I bite my lip.. How do I become her best friend? Talk to her? Hang out?

Oh!

I should invite her and some other guys to get a slushie.. and and and, Get her alone and make something up and bada bing bada boom, My plan goes into action..

I shot off, searching for a familiar face..

A trusting familiar face..

Who could I share this plan with that I know for a fact will not tell it...

Caleb!

I froze and turned around, running in the opposite direction looking for that familiar red hair, my jacket flopped against my shirt, my skinny jeans sliding down ever so slowly..

My hair flew back and forth, hitting against my forehead repeatedly..

My gut, this was something that told me I was doing the right thing..

The right thing no matter how screwed up it sounds..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait..
I love comments!

What do you think will happen in the future?

I would love to hear all of your theories?

Comment and Subscribe!