‹ Prequel: Time of Your Life
Sequel: Like We Used To
Status: Completed. Read Prequel and Sequel.

In Your Mind

Chapter 8

-----Jinx's P.O.V-----

I yawned and rolled over, stretching my legs and rising, scratching my head in the process. I heard yells, and laughing.

Laughter that I haven't heard in awhile. I shot out of bed thankful for ounce I put clean clothes on before I went to bed...

I know.. Weird Right?

I ran towards the front and tackled Ryland to the ground and hugged him. "I missed you!" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Uh... I've missed you too.."

I heard laughing and I was tackled before I could even dare look up.

"Little bro!" Spencer yelled.

I pushed them away and crawled onto the couch. "Did you guys come alone?" I question.

"Uh.. You see..." Ryland trailed off.

"Mom and Dad wanted to visit you and-" I cut him off.

"There on tour?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah.. Till tomorrow.." Spencer said sheepishly.

"Where are they?" I question.

"Outside," He answered.

I pulled my shoes on and quickly dashed outside. A smile graced my lips as I spotted Kadie and Maddie in a giggling fit, sitting perched on John's lap.

"J-jinx!" Kadie yelled hopping off his lap and running as fast as she could into my arms. I scooped her up and hugged her tightly.

"I 'issed you!" She exclaimed pecking my lips quickly.

"Kadie sweetheart, I wouldn't do that if I were you, there's no telling where his mouth has-"

"John," I hissed.

He laughed and turned toward Maddie, who was questioning him.

I began to hear murmurs and I looked up to see All Time Low coming over with other people..

"John'Ooh, Throwing a party and not inviting us?" Alex teased grabbing a chair and sitting next to him.

"Nahh, This is some relatives of mine, Jinx's parents and siblings.."

I drowned that conversation out and turned, looking down at a whining Kadie.

"Kadieeeee, Whatdya want?"

"Can we go see Kyleh?" She questioned.

I looked around and saw Callie approaching. "Uh.. Wouldn't you rather see Callie instead?"

She shook her head and jutted her bottom lip out, It began to tremble as tears pricked her eyes.

"No...I liked Kyleh better,"

Maddie wondered over and wrapped her arms around me, I patted her arm and put my hand over Kadie's mouth quickly and laughed nervously as people suddenly became interested. "Ha ha, Kids theses days, Where do they get these words?"

Everyone shrugged it off and turned away, ignoring us for now. Callie walked over and placed her hand on my shoulder gently.

"What are we doing today?" She questioned.

"Were going to see Kyle, I don't know what your doing," Maddie answered, placing her hand on her hips.

My eyes widened and I grabbed Maddie quickly. "Uhh.. See you later Callie!" I yelled, dragging Maddie off and tightening my grip on Kadie's giggling frame.

As we got farther away I slowed down and laced my fingers in Maddie's, she swung our hands back and forth, ignoring the odd looks I was receiving.

I guess I look kinda odd..

Holding a four year old in my arms and holding hands with a eight year old... What a sight to see..

I knocked on FTSK's bus and tapped my foot slowly, I looked down and saw Maddie copying me, I shook my head and laughed.

The door swung open, "Were not buying any- Oh, Jinx," Caleb said, opening the door wider. "Come in."

I laughed and sat Kadie inside before swooping down and grabbing Maddie's figure up, ounce I sat her down I reached back and pulled the door shut.

"Kyleh!" Kadie shrieked.

She ran back to me and pointed. "Jinx, It's Kyle!" She exclaimed turning her head back to me and pointing more eagerly.

Kyle grinned and scooped her up, and walked toward me. I swallowed awkwardly and sent him a smile. "Hey uh.. Kyle.."

"Hey Jinx," He replied, cheerfully.

Kadie climbed down and scampered away, to the back where the TV was heard. I looked around and noticed for the first time, We were alone.

Kyle placed his hand on my shoulder and leaned closer, his breath cascading down my face. He swallowed as his eyes met my gaze.

My fingers fiddled with the hem of my shirt nervously as we just stared at each other. Even the TV wasn't heard anymore. I didn't dare look to the back, afraid a crowd would be gather, watching us.

"J-Jinx, Will you truly, officially, forgive me?" His voice ended in a firm whisper, even behind it all I could hear the anxiety.

I blinked a few times before answering with a single, solid, "Yes."

The wildest smile I've even seen on his features appeared and soon, I too was smiling. He enveloped me in a hug, crushing my against his chest.

Cheering and yells of joy was soon heard, I felt people patting my back as I pulled away from Kyle and looked up, meeting his eyes ounce again.

He cleared his throat, gaining every body's attention. It got really quiet, minus his nervous attempts to say whatever he wanted to say.

"J-jinx will you...Will you be my b-boyfriend?"

A clear gasp flew out of my mouth as it fell open in a 'O' formation. Seconds ticked by before Kyle's defeated eyes met mine. I could clearly see that tears pricked his eyes as he turned around, shoulders slumped.

I gulped, "I-I," The words, or half the words spilled out, unwanted.

Kyle spun around, looking hopeful. More seconds ticked by as his face began to drop lower and lower. I licked my lips nervously as I took small steps toward him, finally, I started to just run into his arms.

I looked up as tears rolled down my cheeks, "K-kyle I'm sorry! I'm so sorry for ever hurting you," I stammered. "For everything I've ever done to cause you pain,"

He shushed me, "No, You haven't done anything like I've done, I cheated on you, But look, Here you are, back into my arms,"

I laughed lightly as I began to catch on, "Stop quoting John's songs,"

"As soon as you stop making me smile," he replied cheekily.

"That was the cheesiest pick up line ever," I remarked.

"It's not a pick up line if your already mine,"

"I haven't said yes yet," I teased, pulling out of his arms and running off the bus.

It took awhile before realization hit him, He came running off the bus.

"Jinx, No come back!" He yelled, gaining more speed by the seconds.

I laughed as I looked back before coming around a corner, I gasped at the sight I saw..

Callie and Jared.

Were Kissing!

Callie pulled away quickly and looked guilty. "I'm sorry if I didn't stick to the plan-"

"What plan?" Kyle asked, catching up to me, and pulling me back into his arms protectively. Callie noticed this and looked at him weirdly.

"You see..." I began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!

No Turning Back.
Yeah, This is one of my.. Oli Sykes stories.. It hasn't been getting much feedback or views..
Please Comment on it?