That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Eigth

I went in yesterday and sorted out all of Frank's work sheets and put them into the correct notebooks, but that was about it. And I didn't go into school early today, I couldn't deal with it, not this morning. I just wanted to lie in bed comfortably, just for that extra hour, which now seemed like bliss. 8 am rolled around and I got up out of bed and stretched, my phone rang and after I few rings I found it - lodged down the side of my arm chair. "Hello?"
"Hey Doubi, uh Frank isn't coming in today." Gerard said gingerly, I laughed.
"That makes two of us then, I only just got up."
"Oh good."
"Why isn't he going in. It's in his best interests."
"Then why aren't you there?"
"Like I said, his best interests, not mine."
"Oh don't give me that, as if your not interested in him babe." A lump formed in my throat, oh god, did he know that I lusted over one of his best guy friends? How did he know? And why hadn't he told me he knew before?
"What?" was all that I managed to choke out as a deep, hollow pit of whirringly mad butterflies urrupted in my stomach.
"You have something to give, to everyone. And it just so happens that to Frank, you can give him knowledge. And you like knowing that you can teach people things. I watch you when you show someone how to do something and they get it, your face lights up. I watch when you give Mikey attention and the joy you get from seeing him laugh. I watch you when you give people a mouthful of abuse, but smartly and without raising your voice and the smug look of satisfaction you get from seeing them get what they deserve."
"All very touching Gee, but, what's your point?"
"You're a giver. You're not a taker and you never will be, this being so, could you please give me and Mikey a lift this morning." I knew that his rant would lead somewhere like this.
"Of course I can, but you could have just asked straight out you know." I chuckled.
"I know, but you need to be taught somethings sometimes too you know." he hung up and I put my phone on my bed and sighed heavily, nothing like a Gee lecture to fill your head first thing in the morning.

The day breezed by with double english, and double art. Gerard and Mikey were getting a lift with Bob and Ray so I wouldn't have to worry about them destroying the inside of my car with open drinks again. I was so glad it was Friday, and that I had finished all my assignments so could actually go out with the guys without feeling guilty. I got to the classroom to find Frank, sitting at a student desk when he could've been in the teachers chair. Was it wrong that I was suspicious? "Ok, what did you do to the chair?" I asked imeadiately.
"What? I didn't do anything to the chair. Have you been smoking pot?"
"What? No! Why?" I asked, horrified he would even suggest it.
"Becuase you're really paranoid." he giggled. I'd never heard him laugh like that before, and the cute little grin he had when he did it made me melt and want to jump on him then and there.
"I am not.." I said walking over to the chair and cautiously sitting down, he sniggered and looked back out of the window. On seeing him snigger, I jumped out of the chair, "That's it. What did you do?" he laughed again, granted he probably had grounds to, as it was more then likely had hadn't done anything and I really was being paranoid.
"I told you, I didn't do anything. Really. Just, calm down." he said softly.
"I think I'll calm down in a different chair thanks."
"Suit yourself, but that chair is way more comfortable."
"Then why don't you sit in it then?" I said smarmally.
"Because I don't want to." I retorted in the same manor I did.
"Fine."
"Fine!"
"Fine, now, get on with your work."
"I don't have any." he shrugged.
"What do you mean you don't have any, of course you do." he shook his head. He had submitted his history, and his math so far. We didn't have our english one yet.
"I handed in my math one today. You were there when I did." I chewed on my lip as I thought about what he could do. "Don't start thinking about shit I can do."
"What?"
"You were chewing your lip, you were thinking." he had observed that I chew my lip when I think, either that or he remembered I used to do it when I was younger as well.
"You don't know me." was the first response I coughed out, thought I regretted it afterwards.
"You're right, and why would I want to know a jumped up little nerd like you?" his words hurt, even thought I'd been told them a thousand times before, for some reason, when he said them. It hurt. I just jerked my head around, somewhat like nodding but nervously, and turned away from him.