That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Ninth

The rest of the hour was spent in silence, I read my book with my body facing away from Frank, and he did whatever he was doing. My phone beeped at 4.30 and I shoved my book into my bag, swiped my card, and walked briskly through the halls. I heard Frank following behind me, but didn't turn to look. Opening the entrance doors, I turned my face away from the sheet of hard rain that smacked me straight in the face as I did. "Thank you New Jersey." I scowled to myself. I looked out, trying to work out a way to get to my car without getting drenched. But it was inevitable, I was going to look like a drowned rat wether I liked it or not. Frank appeared beside me and grimaced at the weather outside.
"Fuck, I have to walk home in this shit." he said to himself I presumed.
"But, you can't see a foot infront of yourself. You'll get hit by a car or something." I said, a hint of worry in my voice that he obviously picked up on.
"And you wouldn't you love that?" I turned to look at his anticipational expression. No I wouldn't love that, becuase then it would mean that I wouldn't be able to leer over you anymore.
"No, becuase I could have easily prevented your hypothetical death."
"And how would you do that exactly?"
"Look, I'm guessing your not actually going home, you're going to Gerard's to rehearse." he nodded, "Just.. I'll give you a lift ok, but only becuase I don't want your death on my hands."
"What? You. Would give me, a lift?" he asked as if it was a hard concept to grasp.
"I just said so didn't I?" I said impatiently, suddenly feeling very self concious.
"But why? I'm never nice to you, why would you be nice to me?"
"An eye for an eye will make the world blind." his expression was that of perplexion.
"You're going to take my eyes?" he asked nervously.
"No! It's just something Gandhi said."
"Who's Gandhi?"
"Oh, for god's sake! It just means that if you treat someone badly because they treated you badly that it'll be a vicious circle and won't ever end."
"But-"
"Ergh.. just follow me and run." I held my bag over my head and ran in the direction of my car, it probably would have been smart of me to get my keys out before I started to run, but I didn't, and it was a shambles.

It was the worse weather I had ever tried to drive in, and to make it worse, I was nervous having Frank in the car - not that we even spoke. I finally made it back to my street and pulled into my drive way, he could walk across the street. I turned the engine off and took out the key. "You can get out now." I said to Frank. He nodded and opened the car door, I got out the other side and locked the car, he stood under the shelter of my garage for a moment before turning to me and speaking.
"Thanks." he said simply. I shrugged. "And thank you for helping me in those classes instead of not doing anything." I looked up at him. He was thanking me? And sincerely?
"Uh sure, like I said I don't like wasting my time." I said turning away to walk inside my house.
"I got a B-."
"What?" I said turning back to him. "A B-?"
"Yeah, thanks. I would've failed if you didn't help."
"You would've failed if you hadn't studied it. Now get out of my garage so I can close the door." he nodded and ran out, across to Gerard's. As I closed the door I smiled to myself, Gerard was right, I did get pleasure out of teaching people things. It only made it sweeter that I had actually taught the arogant pig usually known as Frank Iero how to be tollerant, how to study, and how to use common courtesy.