Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

When The Heart Aches

Image

~Nick’s P.O.V.~
“Oww!” Joe screamed as he bent down.
“I told you to let her go.” Lilly said in a ‘I told you so’ voice. He just moaned in pain.
“I’ll get some ice.” Lilly said and walked to the ice chest. I followed her and stopped her.
“What’s going on with Poppy?” I asked.
“She’s just really mad.” She said.
“Why?” I asked.
“I’m not sure. I tried talking to her but she didn’t want to talk about it.” She said looking me in the eyes.
“What did you mean by I’m keeping them.” I asked. She sighed.
“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you. You have to ask her.” She said.
“Ok.” I said.
“Where’s that ice?” Joe groaned. Lilly returned the ice and I sat wondering what was going on with Poppy. They way she looked was just so scary. It’s like that wasn’t Poppy. It was someone else. It wasn’t scary as in like horror scary. It was scary like it’s scary how upset she is. She looked so broken hearted.

We sat around a fire for a long time and not saying much. I just kept wondering where Poppy was and if she was ok. I wanted to go find her but I didn’t want to make her mad. We all tried calling Poppy but she never answered. Lilly said all she needed to do was cool off and then she would come back but I was still worried. I just wanted to know what was making her so sad and fix it. All of sudden Lilly’s phone rang and everyone jumped. She quickly answered it as we sat a foot away from her. There was silence for a few moments before Lilly spoke.

“Hun you can’t bring her back. I know your sad but you can’t bring her back.” She said softly. Lilly moved away from us but we followed her. What was she talking about? We heard crying and chatter on the other end but we couldn’t make it out.
“I know you hated her before this but hating her because she got have her child isn’t right. She can’t control what happens and neither can you.” Lilly said. Nothing made sense.
“I don’t understand. What made you lose it?” She asked confused. Silence and then Lilly gasped.
“Oh my god. I am so sorry. I can’t believe I forgot.” She said putting her head in her hands. More silence.
“Yeah. Where are you?” she asked. More silence.
“Ok I’ll be there in a minute.” She said and hung up.
“I’ll be back later. Poppy needs me.” She said and started to leave the camp site.
“Well let us go with you.” Kevin insisted. She shook her head no.
“She told me to come alone.” She said. So we stayed at the camp site but after so long I got frustrated and said I was going to the bathroom. Really I was going to find Lilly and Poppy.

~Lilly’s P.O.V.~
After I left the camp site I walked to the bathrooms where Poppy said she was. On the phone she was crying really hard. I have never heard her cry so hard in my entire life. She sounded so heart broken. I feel like a terrible best friend because I didn’t know what today was. As I approached the bathrooms I saw Poppy sitting on the stairs in front of them. She had her head in her hands and was bawling her eyes out.

“Poppy I’m here.” I said sitting next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged be back.
“I just miss her so much.” She cried.
“I know sweetie but she’s in a better place now.” I said. She continued to cry but I didn’t know what to say to make her feel better. I know nothing is going to make everything alright so why should I even try.
“It’s not fair!” She sobbed into my shoulder. I held for about two hours and she finally tried to make herself stop crying.
“Let’s just go back. I’m tired.” She sniffled. I nodded my head and we walked back to camp. When we got there Joe and Kevin were asleep in the chairs. Nick was in his tent. I put Poppy to bed and she fell asleep almost instantly. I went to wake the guys up right after.
“Hey go to bed. Poppy’s back.” I whispered. They yawned and sat up.
“Is she ok?” Joe asked.
“Not really. She’ll get better eventually.” I said but in my head I was thinking hopefully.
“Ok.” He sighed. We all went to bed but I couldn’t stop thinking about my best friend who’s heart was breaking and there’s nothing I could do to fix it.

~Nick’s P.O.V.~
When I found Poppy and Lilly they were holding each other and Poppy was crying so hard. I felt terrible. I just want to wipe away her tears. I could over hear them talking about Poppy wanting some girl back. Was she talking about her mother? I have no clue but I do know that it’s breaking her inside and out.

I went back to camp after they stopped talking and found Kevin and Joe asleep. I didn’t bother waking them I just went to bed. I lied awake thinking of ways to make Poppy happy. I would do anything just to see her smile. I came up with a plan to take her on a picnic. I would to it tomorrow for lunch. Just me and her. Hopefully I will be able to get through to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Update! Comment????