Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Simple Treasures

~Unkown P.O.V.~
My friends and I had been sitting around a camp fire at about three in the morning when we started to hear muffled screaming. At first we didn’t think anything of it. But then it got louder and we started to look around. As I was looking down the river I faintly saw a girls body getting dragged down the river. She was screaming and looked like she was trying to get air. I called my friends over and we started to make our way up the river to her.

Before we got to her she stopped screaming and we immediately got scared. As we approached her we saw a body lying next to a few big rocks. Even in the dark I could see bruises forming and cuts and scrapes bleeding. I went up to her and turned her body over so I could see her face.

I performed C.P.R. and then she started spitting up water and groaning. We were all shocked. I stepped away to give her some space and we just sat there for a few minutes in the silence.

“Are you ok?” I asked. She nodded her head trying to control her breathing.
“What happened?” My friend asked her. She softly shook her head no and then started crying really hard.
“Come on let’s get you some warm clothes.” I said and picked her up bridal style. We walked a few minutes back to our camp site and I set her down on one of our chairs. I quickly went to my tent and grabbed a t shirt and some boxers for her. I went back out and found her wrapped in a towel.
“Here’s some dry clothes you can change into.” I said softly.
“Thanks.” She said. We let her go inside the tent and get changed and in a few minutes she came out. The t shirt was really big on her and it looked like she tied to the boxers so they wouldn’t fall. As she came over to me I brought out the first aid kit.
“Were going to have to clean up your wounds.” I said. She nodded her head and sat down in front of me. She ended up having to take her top off so I could get to the scrapes on her back but I gave her towel to put in front of her. I could tell it hurt but they had to be cleaned out. It took about a half an hour to finish her cuts up and then I wrapped her ankle up with an ace bandage cause I noticed she was limping. Once I was done I asked her if she wanted us to take her back to her camp site but she said no. I let her sleep on my bed while I slept on a chair. I felt so bad for her but I didn’t even know her name.

~Lilly’s P.O.V~
The next morning I woke up to find the bed next to be empty. Once I changed into some descent clothes I got out of my tent and found the boys all sitting eating cereal. But poppy wasn’t with them.

“Where’s Poppy?” I asked. They looked confused for second and then Nick spoke.
“We kind of thought she was in bed with you.” Nick said.
“No she isn’t.” I said shaking my head. I got out of my cell phone and called her number and after a few seconds I heard her phone ringing. Wherever she went, she didn’t take her cell phone with her. Maybe she went to the bathroom?
“Are you sure she didn’t come out of the tent earlier and you just didn’t see her?” I asked.
“We’re sure. I’ve been up since five this morning and she hasn’t come out.” Kevin said.
“Then she had to of left before.” Joe said.
“I’m gonna go look for her. Stay here in case she comes back.” I said and left the camp site. I started walking towards the bathrooms and as I continued I started to get this sickening feeling in my stomach. When I got to the bathroom I looked in every stall and shower but she wasn’t there. I went to the back woods where we were and she wasn’t there either. Then I walked back to the river where everyone fishes and looked around. As I was looking something shiny caught my eye. I walked over to it and I found Poppy’s lighter. Next to it was her cigarettes and Vicodin. Something wasn’t right. Poppy would never leave her lighter anywhere. This thing is like her baby. Her mom got it for her before she died. There’s no way she would have walked off without it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!!