Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Stuck With Me

~Poppy’s P.O.V.~
I woke up and I felt so sore. My entire body ached. It felt like I had just ran into a train. I slowly got up and looked around. I took in my surrounding and noticed that this wasn’t my tent. I started to freak out but then realization about last night hit me.

No one I felt like a train hit me. I was practically dragged down the rapids last night. Why the hell did I get in that water. I’m so stupid. I unzipped the tent and stepped out side. The sun burned my eyes. The first thing I saw was four guys sitting down. Then remembered how nice they were last nice.

“Hey she’s up.” one of them said.
“Yeah. Thanks for last night.” I said standing up.
“Here you should sit down.” Another one said and helped me into a chair. I’m glad he did cause my ankle was hurting a lot.
“What the hell were you thinking going down that river at three in the morning?” Another guy asked.
“I don’t know.” I admitted. One handed me a plate of food and orange juice.
“Thank you.” I said and ate my food. Once I was done is started to get up.
“Thank you so much but I better get back to my camp site. I’m sure my friends are worried sick.” I said.
“I’ll help you go back. You can barely walk.” He said. This is true. It hurt like hell to walk and I was already limping. He put his arm around and I leaned my weight on to him. As we were walking back I could only imagine what was gong through Lilly’s head right now. As we approached the camp site I saw all of them sitting at the table with a worried look on their face. Then Nick’s head shot in my direction and he ran over to me. They all started asking me a bunch of questions all at once and it was just too much.

“I guess I will leave you here then. If you need anything, you know where to find me.” The guy that was holding me who’s name was Brian said. I nodded my head and Nick let me lean on him.
“What the fuck happened to you?” Lilly asked.
“Where have you been?” Kevin asked.
“You had us worried sick!” Joe said.
“Look! I’m sorry ok! Last night I acted stupid and went down the river. It was mistake. I’m sorry!” I screamed. They were all yelling at me and I hated it.
“Are you ok?” Lilly asked softly.
“A little banged up but I’m fine.” I said hugging her.
“I was so worried.” She cried.
“It’s ok.” I said.
“I thought I lost you.” She said.
“You can’t lose me. You’re stuck with me forever.” I laughed and she smiled.
“You should sit down.” Joe said. I nodded my head and sat down in one of the chairs. Then Lilly came and brought over my lighter and cigarettes.
“Oh my gosh. You found them? Thank you so much!” I said and wrapped my arms around her.
“Yeah well I know how much it means to you.” She said and I hugged her again.
“Do you need any of the Vicodin that I found with that stuff?” She whispered in my ear. And I shook my head yes.
“Ok I’ll be back.” She said went to our tent. She came back out and handed me one pill in front of everyone.
“What’s that?” Joe asked.
“Tylenol.” Lilly said. He nodded his head but in the corner of my eye I could see Nick and I could tell he thought it was bullshit. I took the pill before anyone could question it again.

For the next few hours we all just sat around the camp site reading, listening to music, and making puzzles. It was relaxing but I needed to get out and have a cigarette or I was going to start getting mad. All I could think about was how badly I needed it.

“Hey I’m going to go for a walk.” I said and got up slowly. I was still in pain but I wasn’t going to show it.
“I’ll go with you.” Nick said. Damn it.
“Uh you don’t have to I’ll be fine.” I said hoping he wouldn’t come.
“He’s going with you Poppy.” Kevin said sternly while he played cards with Joe.
“Fine.” I sighed. Nick smiled and I grabbed my lighter and cigarettes. We started walking towards the bathrooms taking our time while I lit up a cigarette.