Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

You Don't Get This View In The City

______Image

“So how long have you been smoking?” He asked.
“Two years.” I said.
“Why?” He asked.
“It helps calm me down. Without it I can get really mad or upset.” I said.
“I hope you don’t mind me asking but how did your mom die?” He asked looking at me.
“She was murdered.” I said keeping my eyes on the ground.
“Wow. Did they ever catch who did it?” he asked.
“Um sort of. The court ruled it has self defense.” I said.
“What exactly happened?” He asked quietly.
“Um she was stabbed.” I said.
“Did you know the person who hurt her?” He asked.
“Yeah. Lets just go down the river.” I said hopping in. Once we went down the river we went back up and floated near the shore.
“That’s why you live with Lilly?” He asked.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Where’s your dad?” He asked.
“Um I will only tell you if you promise not to tell anyone.” I said.
“I swear.” He said.
“My dad’s in jail.” I admitted.
“Why?” He asked.
“Can we stop talking about my family. Let’s talk about yours.” I said.
“Sure. What do you want to know?” He asked
“What do you’re parents do?” I asked.
“Well my dad used to be pastor. But now both my parents help manage the band.” He said.
“You guys get along really well.” I commented.
“Really? You think so? Sometimes I feel like we are always at war with each other.” He sighed.
“From where I stand I can tell that you guys love each other a lot. I wish my family was like that. I’d give anything to have a family like yours.” I admitted.

~Nicks P.O.V.~

I always thought that my family fought a lot. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe we just work through our differences. Up until Poppy said that she wishes her family was like my family, I had always taken advantage of it. I just never realized that. I mean I have an amazing life, loving brothers, tons of fame, and loads of cash. But I never realized that other people don’t have what I have. Forget the money and fame. Most people don’t have loving families like mine.

Now I understood. I wish Poppy had a better life. As much as I wish nothing bad had ever happened to her, I know that everything is just making her a stronger person. But I can tell she doesn’t see it that way. I just wish I could make her understand that she’s not alone.

“Maybe we should get back to camp.” She said. We got out of the water and walked a few minutes back to the camp site. Joe and Kevin were sitting at the picnic table while Lilly in a sand chair reading a book.

“Hey guys.” I said.
“Hey.” Joe and Kevin said.
“Poppy! Your sister called you’re phone I didn’t answer it.” Lilly said.
“Ok. I’ll call her right now.” She said and went to her phone.

~Poppy‘s P.O.V.~
I reached for my phone and saw I had three missed calls. One from Cameron, Ricky, and Sarah. First I called Sarah.
“Hey sis you call?” I asked.
“Yeah I did. When can you come up?” She asked.
“Umm I’m not sure I’m camping right now, we’ll be back in three weeks though.” I said while I opened up a bottle of water. I made Joe and Kevin scooch over so I could get in between them.
“Ok well can you talk right now?” She asked.
“Sure can.” I said.
“Good. Have you gone down the river?”
“Quite a bit actually.” I said.
“Zacky keeps asking for you.” She said. Zacky is Cameron’s son, but he’s not my sisters child.
“Aww tell him aunty Poppy says hi.” I said.
“I will. Oh I got a letter for you from Ryan Cox.” She said.
“Throw it away. You know I hate him.” I said immediately.
“Why do you hate him? You have never told me.” She asked.
“It’s a long boring story. Just throw the letter away.” I said.
“You can’t be mad at him forever.” She said.
“I know. Just until I die.” I joked.
“There’s no way you can last that long.” She joked back.
“Really? I can keep grudges forever. Tammy is an example.” I said.
“You mean IMT.” She laughed.
“Yes the Insane Maniac Twit.” I cracked up laughing. Now Joe, Kevin, and Nick were looking at me wondering what the hell we were talking about.
“Long story.” I muttered to them.
“She apologized.” Sarah said.
“Sarah she took my brace away.” I said.
“I know but still.” She sighed.
“Oh please. Don’t act like you don’t hate her.” I said.
“I’m not acting.” She said.
“Oh really then why did you have me turn off the power and shut the windows when she came over to your house?” I asked. Silent.
“No answer.” I said.
“Alright I’m guilty. You’re just supposed to be better then that.” She said.
“Yeah right.” I said sarcastically.
“Is Cameron there?” I asked.
“No he’s at work. He’ll be there until midnight.” She sighed.
“I’m sorry. Just stay busy. Tell him to call me. I miss him.” I said.
“I will babe. I’ll talk to you later.” She said.
“Ok bye I love you.” I said.
“I love you too sweets.” She said and we both hung up. I sighed. I wanted to go be with her right now. I hated when he worked nights and she was left alone.

After I got off the phone we all went to a pizza place called Pizza Barn. They serve the best pizza in the world. I’m not kidding. The only place you can get it is in Kernville. Once we finished eating we went to the market and got some firewood, marsh mellows, grahm crackers, and chocolate. Then we went back to camp and started a campfire since it was already getting dark.

We sat around the fire and roasted marsh mellows. I missed this so much. Everything I could ever ask for was right here. I couldn’t be anymore happier. I wish I lived here all the time. Its so peaceful and quiet. You can even see the stars. Tons of them. You don’t get this view in the city.

I could hear Joe, Kevin, Nick, and Lilly talking but I was too busy gazing at the stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Another Update!
Poppy's Bathing Suits