Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Vicodin + Empty Stomach = Puke

--------Image
A few days have gone by and everyone is having a blast. We all bonded really well. I told Nick things I could never tell anyone. Joe has yet to confront me about smoking. But I’m not going to bring it up. I don’t want any drama here.
Right now it is about noon and everyone is just relaxing at the camp site. I have a major headache I was hoping that just sitting here would help but it hasn’t. So I got up and walked over to my purse and started going through it. Inside I had a secret little pocket. Inside the pocket was the bottle of Vicodin. I studied the bottle in my purse and then opened it up. I took out one pill and secretly put it in my mouth. I closed up my purse and then went back and sat down.

After a few minutes I started to feel nauseous. I tried to just sit there and take it but every passing second the nausea got harder to control. I had to get out of here. Fast. My head started to pound hard. I looked around and saw everyone just sitting back with there eyes closed.

“I’ll be right back Lilly.” I muttered and bolted up out of my chair. I walked out of the camp site and immediately started to run once I was out of their site. I made an a line straight for the bathroom. Once I was inside a stall I hurled over and puked out my guts. After a few minutes of puking I rested against the wall. At first I had no idea how this happened. I went over in my head on what I ate thinking that’s what caused it. But after I was done thinking I realized I hadn’t eaten anything. That’s why I got so sick. As I came to my conclusion I heard the bathroom door open and steps toward my stall.

“Poppy are you in there?” I heard Lilly ask. All I could think was ‘Shit’.
“Yeah.” my voice cracked. I opened up the door and Lilly bent down to me.
“Oh my god are you ok?” She asked staring at me. Did I look that disgusting?
“Yeah.” I said.
“What happened?” She asked.
“Promise you wont tell anyone?” I asked .
“You don’t even have to ask Poppy. Were best friends.” She said. I knew what she meant.
“I took a Vicodin on an empty stomach.” I admitted.
“Poppy!” she scolded.
“I’m sorry I forgot I hadn’t eaten anything and my head just hurt so bad.” I explained.
“It’s ok. Lets get you back before they think we fell off the face of the earth.” She said and we both laughed. I got up and washed my mouth out then we started to walk back to camp. I felt so much better now. But I was starving. Luckily my headache went away.
“You ok?” Nick asked me.
“Yeah I’m fine.” I said sitting down at the picnic table.
“I’ll get you something to eat.” Lilly said. She went into the ice box and got stuff to make a sandwich. Once she was done she handed me it and I gratefully took it. I gobbled it down and felt so much better.
“Hey guys are you ready to go fishing?” Kevin asked.
“We’re going fishing?” I asked.
“Well the guys are.” Joe said.
“Why can’t we go?” Lilly asked surprised.
“Oh come on. Fishing is more for guys.” Nick said laughing.
“Are you trying to say girls can’t fish?” I asked offended.
“Well no.” Nick tried to say.
“Yes we are.” Kevin said. Then I came up with a plan.
“Well then why don’t you big strong men teach us?” I asked batting my eyelashes.
“It’s a little more complicated then you think it is.” Nick said smirking.
“It must not be too complicated if you can do it.” I said smirking right back.