Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Who Says Girls Can't Fish?

Image

“Fine we’ll teach you.” Joe said. Within ten minutes we were in swim suits and shorts and had everything we needed to go fishing. We walked to a place were everyone likes to fish. Luckily no one was there right now.
“Alright I’ll teach Poppy.” Nick said. Lilly went with Kevin and Joe was in the middle of all of us. After a few minutes of a lecture from Nick he finally gave me a pole.
“Now what do I do?” I asked holding it.
“Just cast it out.” he said. I decided to play dumb and ‘accidentally’ get the line stuck in a tree.
“Oops silly me.” I said.
“Here I’ll get it.” Nick sighed and grabbed the pole. As he was turned away I stuck my tongue out at him. He turned around and handed me the fishing pole again. After about ten minutes the boys started to complain about how bad we were at fishing. What they didn’t know was that I have been fishing my entire life. One of things my dad actually did teach me was how to fish. I am an expert.
“I’ll bet Lilly and I could catch more fish then you could!” I said.
“Do you smell a bet guys?” Nick asked.
“I believe I do.” Joe said smirking.
“Fine. We bet that Lilly and I could catch more fish then you three by six tonight.” I said.
“Ok. What happens when you lose?” Joe asked.
“Well when we win, you three have to cook us breakfast and dinner for the rest of the trip. And take us out to a fancy restaurant called McNallys.” I offered.
“Ok and when you lose you two have to do our laundry for the rest of the time here and the dishes.” Nick said.
“Fine.” I said and then we shook on it. Oh boy are they in for a surprise.

~ 30 Minutes Later ~

“Ok now just cast it out.” I said to Lilly teaching her how to fish. Unlike me she didn’t know much about fishing. I was able to teach her in about ten minutes. We headed up the river to a great fishing place I know of. We fished for about two hours. I only got my lure stuck twice. And both times I was able to get it unstuck and save the lure. And Lilly got hers stuck four times but I was able to get it undone. And to top it off I caught six fish and so did Lilly.

We decided to a take a break at the camp site. As we were walking back we walked by the guys and saw them just sitting there. We stopped before they saw us and listened in on them.
“Maybe we should just go buy a huge fish form the market.” Joe said.
“No way. Once it cools off I’m sure we will get some more bites.” Nick said trying to act positive. If they tried any funny business we would know now.
“We haven’t caught a single fish.” Kevin said.
“Well I’m sure they haven’t either.” Joe said. How rude. That’s when we decided to make ourselves known.
“Hey boys!” I said walking up to them. They only glanced at me once and turned away but then they did a double take and saw all of our fish.
“What- How - Where did you get all those fish?” Nick stuttered.
“I caught them.” I said emphasizing the I.
“But you’re a girl.” Kevin said confused.
“Let me show you how it’s done.” I said grabbing Nick’s pole. I reeled in the line he had out and then cast it out perfectly. And the line went far. It was pretty impressive if I say so myself. They stared at me astonished. I started to reel it in and I got a bite. I reeled it in slowly not wanting to lose the fish. Once I got it the sand I put it in my net and unhooked the lure. I tied the fish up to my string of fish and stared at the boys.
“You’re a natural.” Nick said breathlessly.
“No. I’ve just been fishing since I was born. I learned how to fish before I learned how to walk.” I said.
“Wait then how come you didn’t tell us? You hustled us.” Kevin said.
“No we didn’t. You just assumed since I’m a girl that I can’t fish.” I said with attitude.
“We messed up big time.” Joe muttered.
“Yeah and I believe you have about an hour to catch up.” I said walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update tonight! Yay! Comment!!!