Status: Revising & Editing

I Believe That You Belong to Me

Chapter Four

Edward Kissed Me.

The abrupt and cold sensation of his hand on my own had angered, confused, and concerned me. It was much more than just a strange action. I am not his friend and I definitely do not like him, so what made him do it?

Unfortunately, I didn’t have to wait long to get my answer. The monster that I didn’t think I could hate any more than I already had, kissed me. The sudden feeling of his smooth vile and cold lips on my fingers caused my stomach to turn. I thought that the smell of his reading chair was bad, but that, that just wasn’t fair.

I wanted to slap him, but something deep down told me that was a bad idea. After yesterday, I promised myself I would never again insult a Cullen. Whatever inhuman thing he was, he could kill me…and he already felt tempted.

My stomach was reeling, I felt dizzy, and I was dangerously close to showing him everything I had had for breakfast. For those reasons, my ignited anger and disgust, I ran out of the car as fast as I could.

My intent was to quickly make it to the restrooms where I wouldn’t have to show my peers what I liked to eat, but fate had other plans. Before I could even make it through the entrance, I was knocked down…

Ok so maybe I ran into someone and fell down, but that’s not the point. The point being that I was now on the ground feeling even more dizzy and nauseous.

“Ow…” A moan escaped as I scrambled to get my vision clear. I wasn’t doing such a good job at that. Everything was blurry and spinning. I felt like I had run into a brick wall rather than a person.

“Are you alright? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.” I couldn’t see, but the voice I heard couldn’t have belonged to anyone, but an angel. It was just that beautiful.

With my vision still in a blur, I felt the angelic person take hold of my hand and pull me up. The first thing I noticed, was that the person’s hand was just as cold as the monster I had run from. The second thing I noticed, was that my vision and nausea had started to clear.

I was thankful for the person helping me up, and I was even more thankful for no longer feeling sick, but I couldn’t really give my thanks to the person. I was scared to look at them. From the temperature of their hands, I figured the person had to be a Cullen and therefore was as demonic as the monster I was trying to avoid.

I chanced a look anyway, realizing that I didn’t get that painful chill.

My breath caught in my throat

He was a Cullen or Hale or whatever, but that isn’t why I suddenly forgot how to breathe.

H-he…

Wait a minute it’s hard for me to say this, for I vowed to hate anything Cullen or even Cullen related, sans Bella.

H-he…he was so beautiful.

For the most part, I am not, repeat, not attracted to blondes, but this guy was definitely going to change that. With him I couldn’t say that his eyes resembled pee, they looked like sunset. On him, the dark circles under his eyes…dare I say it…looked sexy. On him, the deathly pale skin looked pretty lively.

My heart was speeding and this time it was definitely in the good way.

I didn’t like that.

I’m not the type of person that bad mouths things and then turns around and longs for those same things. I don’t like eating my words…they taste gross.

It was hard, what with my racing heart and inability to breathe, but I managed to force out my thanks.

“U-um I’m f-fine, and…sorry…I sh-shouldn’t ha-have been running…uh thanks?” Smooth, real smooth.

“Are you sure? You still look kind of dazed.” Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the fall.

“Yes…I’m sure.” I didn’t like how idiotic I was acting, just because some unnaturally beautiful guy was standing near me. I didn’t like how that guy was a Cullen or Cullen related. So being that I didn’t like my idiocy and the Cullens, I fought with everything I had to turn to delight his face and voice gave me into anger.

It’s a lot easier spinning straw into gold.

I walked past him and into the school's doors. I no longer had a reason to go to the restroom so I went to class. I took a seat and glared at my teacher when I remembered who I had to sit with. Thankfully, he didn’t see it.

I followed my usual daily routine: rested my head on my desk and felt the chill when the monster took his seat. I was fully intent on giving him the silent treatment today, but then I remembered our stupid project. I picked up my head when the teacher announced that today would be our last day this week to work on our assignment.

I really wished I hadn’t.

Edward looked just as angry as I wished I could be with the Cullen/Hale I had run into. His eyes were searing, and he had a dangerously tight grip on the desk. Involuntarily, I moved further away from him.

His anger wasn’t just present on his face or in his body language, I could feel it. The chill I usually get when he’s near is always painful, but never so much to where I needed to scream. Right now, I wanted to. My insides felt like they were on fire, but at the same time, my bones felt glacier cold.

“I-I’m sor-sorry I ran…please don’t kill me,” I whispered pleading with my eyes, even though peering into the blackness of his increased my fear.

His eyes softened, they remained obsidian, but they softened. He held his grip on the desk, but that too softened, and then he quietly moaned as if he were in pain.

“Stop that. Please stop…I already told you I wouldn’t do that.” He looked to be in so much pain I almost felt sorry for him, but then I remembered that he was the reason I was in pain.

“No, you said it would “hurt” too much, whatever the hell that means. And stop what?”

He didn’t reply, instead he raised his hand and asked to be excused to the nurses office, and being that I was the only one not engrossed in working, I had to take him.

Standing upright didn’t do anything to decrease the pain I was feeling, but I like to think of myself as a good actress. I followed Edward out and not once did I grunt.

I didn’t believe for a second that we were going to go to the nurse’s office, so I didn’t flinch all that much when he grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. Not that I could feel anything other than the pain anyway.

We stopped at his stupid silver car, but he didn’t attempt to open it. He must have sensed that I wasn’t going to get in it.

“So you going to say anything or what, I’m cold?” I said after two minutes of silence. I pulled my jacket closer to my body just as a breeze blew through blowing his stupid smell into my face.

“I will, once you stop, if you haven’t noticed I don’t feel all that well right now.”

“I repeat: Stop what? And what the hell does your not feeling well have to do with me?”

Another breeze blew through, this time coming from behind me. The hair I had worked so hard on this morning, blew all in my face. I tried to move it, but before I could I was pushed roughly against Edward’s car, by Edward himself.

Much like last time he trailed his nose up and down my neck, much like last time the overwhelming fear had me frozen, and much like last time he pulled away the second his lips touched my skin.

I didn’t try to run, not because I had been shocked still again, but because I figured he’d stop me like he did before and I didn’t want him grabbing me again.

“Edward…what are you?” I asked, just as he opened his mouth, no doubt to apologize.

“Stop…please...?” he begged.

“I’m not going to ask what that means again.” He slumped to the pavement obviously in more pain that I was.

“You…hate me…you fear me…it hurts…so much, please stop…” The way he was seated on the ground, with his head hung low and the way his hands clenched at nothing…he looked so pitiful and helpless.

I did stop

The hate was still present, I can’t help that, but the fear of him was gone. Someone that pitiful can’t hurt me.

And I hate to admit it, but the moment that the fear diminished…so did the pain I felt.

“Thank you…” Edward didn’t stand up. He still looked to be in pain, but it looked bearable.

“If someone hates you, you shut down?”

“If that were the case, I’d have died decades ago.”

“Decades? You’re only seventeen?” He shook his head with a laugh.

“Then why me?” I asked trying not to get confused by his previous response.

“If you promise to not fear me…and work on the hate you have for me, I’ll tell you everything.”

“Everything?”

“Everything,” he said looking up and smiling at me, and surprisingly, I believed him.

"I promise to try."

"That's all I ask."
♠ ♠ ♠
"I want to thank nymphadora, makesmesad, AshleyxTwilightx, & CADENCE! for commenting.
I also want to apologize for the late update, but I had to work.