Status: Completed. Thanks for reading.

Told Me You Hated My G n' R Shirt. Shoulda Known Better, This Was Never Gonna Work.

You don't waste time you tell the truth, yeah that's what you do. You set it on fire.

The girls and I step onto the plane and put our luggage in the overhead compartment, then we sit down in our seats. Madison in the window seat, Jackie in the middle and me on the aisle end. It's about ten in the morning, and we're headed by ourselves to Las Vegas to the CD release party for Hinder's new album All American Nightmare. Jason was invited to come too, but he decided that he didn't want to come.

I reach out and snag a flight attendant by her arm and she stops to see what I need.

"Yes ma'am?" she says to me with a smile.

"When we take off could you make up three Bloody Mary's for us, please?" I ask her, pleasant as all get out. She looks a little taken aback by my request for alcohol at this time of day, but she nods anyways.

"Anything else?"

"No, I think that's it." She walks away and I turn to face the girls.

"Only you could think to order booze at this time of day," Madison says to me with a grin.

"I might as well give Jason a reason to worry since he didn't want to come supervise us in person. If I drunk dial him at three in the afternoon, he'll really wish that he had come."

"That is so mean," Jackie says.

"I never said that I was a nice person, J." Both her and Madison laugh, and pretty soon we hear the call for everyone to fasten their seatbelts. A flight attendant is standing in the front of the plane telling us all the safety procedures and I only half ass listen to her. I'm more focused on Vegas.

The last time I saw Cody we got in a fight, so I have no idea what is going to happen this time. If he thinks I'm going to sleep with him he's got another thing coming. I've been hanging out with Sal for a little while now and I don't want to fuck that up by sleeping with an asshole like Cody.

After we're in the air the flight attendant brings the girls and I our drinks and about half way through the flight we're all blitzed, laughing and yammering on as loudly as we can. It's probably a good thing that we're in the air so they can't throw us off the plane.

I look over and see Jackie digging through her purse for something and a minute later she comes up with a small bag of cashews.

"Jackie babe, whose nuts do you have in your purse?" I ask loudly, making them both laugh.

"Yours," she says.

"Mm, put my nuts in your mouth." She laughs loudly and pops one in her mouth.

"How do my nuts taste in your mouth?"

"Salty." I burst out laughing so hard I think I might pee my pants.

"Who likes salty nuts in their mouth?" Madison says kind of in a sing-song voice.

"We do!" Jackie answers, causing more laughter. I can almost feel people on the plane staring at us, but I don't care. I feel someone tap my shoulder then and when I look up I see the same flight attendant who's been making our drinks.

"You are right on time my dear," I tell her, downing my last sip of my bloody mary and handing her the glass.

"I'm going to have to ask you ladies to keep your voices down to a considerate level for the remainder of our flight, OK?" she says gently.

"Yes ma'am. Now, get us our drinks." Madison snorts a laugh and the woman takes her's and Jackie's glasses off to refill them.

"So Madison, if I'm gonna be hanging out with Austin," Jackie starts.

"She means fucking Austin," I say to Madison with a smirk and she laughs.

"Whatever Shayna. Anyways, if I'm with Austin and Shayna is going to be with Cody all night, what are you going to be doing?"

"She means who are you going to be doing," I say to her once again. Jackie gives me her best attempt at a dirty look then laughs.

"What?" I ask her.

"Never mind, you."

"I don't know if I'll be doing anyone," Madison says to us. "None of the other guys really interest me in that department."

"Plus you have Matty waiting for you at home," I tell her.

"I don't know if he's waiting for me, but yeah that is another thing to consider. I've done a lot of sloring it up lately, so I'm being a good one man woman for a little while."

"We'll see how long that lasts you little slore-bag," Jackie says with a giggle, earning a punch in the arm from Madison. I laugh at them and dig my iPod out of my purse and put the earbuds in my ears. I select a Halestorm song and press play on the touch screen, and let the music take over my head.

About two hours later I feel Jackie shake my arm and I look over at her, yanking out one of my earbuds so I can hear her.

"We're landing," she says to me. I take out my second earbud and put my iPod back in my purse, tightening my seatbelt.

Once we've landed we collect all of our baggage and get a taxi to take us to the Palms Resort where we will be staying. Since the party is here I figured it would just be easier to get rooms for the girls and I here, rather than traveling to another hotel.

When we get to the hotel we check in and go upstairs to our rooms. The party is going to be on the top floor, so after we drop off our bags we head up to see the room and what it looks like. After we check everything out we head back down to our rooms to sleep for a couple hours before we start getting ready for the party. I send Jason a text telling him that we made it here alright and that I will call him later, then I shut my phone off and go to sleep.

When I wake up I hear the hotel phone ringing next to me on the night stand. I pick it up and say hello sleepily.

"Wake up whore, it's time to get ready." I hear Madison's voice say on the other end. I look at the alarm clock next to me and see that it's 7:30.

"I'll meet you at your room in forty-five minutes," I tell her.

"OK, see you then. Love you."

"Love you." I hang up the phone and roll out of bed, and head straight for the shower.

After my shower I do my make-up and hair, then I put on my underwear and black lace tights and my very short red dress. I put on my earrings and put my ID and money into my clutch, and put on my Bordello's. I look at myself in the mirror and decide that I look pretty damn hot, and if Cody didn't already want to screw me, he will now. I smirk at this thought and head out of my room and down the hall to Madison's and Jackie's.

I knock on Madison's door first then move on to Jackie's and knock on it. Madison answers first and not even a full second later Jackie answers. Jackie looks ready to go, but Madison isn't wearing shoes yet, so we all go into her room to wait for her to finish getting ready. When she's finally dressed, we walk out of her room to the elevators and go up to the top floor.

As soon as the doors to the elevator open I can tell that the party is already in full swing. Music is blasting and there are people everywhere, drinking and dancing to a song that's playing loudly in the background. As far as I can tell the person singing is Austin, but I can't really hear the rest of the song with all the people around.

The girls and I walk around the party for a little bit and get drinks at the bar. We stand near the bar for a while and people watch and kind of listen to the music. I feel a tap on my shoulder all of a sudden and when I turn around I see Cody and Blower standing beside me.

"Hey groupie," Cody yells to me over the music.

"Hey band boy," I say to him and he grins and leans down to kiss my cheek.

We all hang out and talk to them for a while, then we head out to the pool where the rest of the guys are. Jackie immediately finds Austin and they start talking and flirting, and I can see where this is heading.

Cody comes up to me a little while later and leans down to talk into my ear.

"I want to talk to you," he says.

"I know."

"Somewhere else." I nod and he takes my hand and leads me away. I'm not really sure what he wants to talk about, but I'm sure there are some things that we need to discuss, especially after our last encounter.

He leads me out of the party and down the hallway. We walk around the corner to a closed off section of rooms and he takes me inside one of them.

"Is this your room?" I ask him.

"Yeah." I nod and walk over to a couch and sit down. He comes over and sits on the coffee table across from me.

"How have you been?" he asks me.

"Fine. You?"

"Just hanging. Glad that we're finished recording, now we can go out on the road and have some fun." I smile.

"I wanted to apologize for how I acted in New York. It was really none of my business why you didn't tell me about your Dad, and I acted like an ass."

"Yes you did, but you're forgiven. You made me realize how much that secret was holding me back in life. Now I don't hide it, I just don't go around boasting to people about who my Dad is, or was, I guess."

"When I think about it, after the fact it makes sense why you don't tell people. I guess New York had a weird affect on me. I acted like a total dick when I was there. I mean, look at me right now. I'm totally different here right now, then I would have been there."

"New York has a way with people that's for sure."

"You had an effect on me too, you know."

"I doubt it." He reaches out and rubs my leg with the back of his hand, and immediately I remember why I was attracted to him in the first place.

"I didn't come up here to sleep with you, Cody."

"I know. And I didn't bring you up here to sleep with me, but we can't always help what happens." I can deal with that, I guess.

He leans forward and kisses me, putting his hands on my hips and pushing me back on the couch, easing himself between my legs. I put my hands in his hair and tangle my fingers in it, kissing him back passionately. He puts his hands up the bottom of my dress and I feel him grab ahold of the top of my tights and start pulling them down. I kick out of my shoes and push his jacket off of his shoulders, and he picks me up off of the couch and sets me down on my feet in front of him. He reaches up behind me and unzips my dress, and lets it drop around my legs, then he pulls my tights off the rest of the way.

We make our way to the bed and finish what we started, and when we're done we lay on opposite sides of the bed, listening to the party that is still going on right down the hall from us. I hear my phone ringing in my clutch where I dropped it on the coffee table, and I sigh loudly.

"Why do I feel guilty right now?" I ask Cody.

"I don't know."

"Do you feel guilty?"

"No. Should I?"

"I don't know. If you don't feel guilty then why do I?" I get up from the bed and walk over and grab my phone out of my clutch. I see that I have a new voice mail and I figure I better listen to it. It might be Jason calling to check in or something.

I dial into my voice mail and put the phone up to my ear, walking back over and crawling into bed with Cody. I feel my heart sink when I hear who's voice is on the voice mail.

"Shayna, it's Sal. I uh, know what you said about not being good with phone calls and shit, so here I am making the first move. I like you, a lot. I don't wanna be just friends anymore, and I know this is really ball-less to call you when you're on the other side of the country, probably in bed with another guy, but I don't care. I want to be with you when you come home. So, call me when you get this. Or not... I'll see you around. Bye."

I shut my phone off and look at Cody.

"That's why I'm feeling guilty."

"Who was that?"

"Sal. And he just did one of the most amazing things any guys has ever done for me."

"And that was?"

"Tell me his true feelings, not caring what I was doing or who I was with. He didn't care if I was here with you. He just wanted me to know how he felt about me."

"Do you feel the same about him?"

"I don't know. But I really want to try." He sits up in bed and puts his hand on my cheek.

"Get out of here, Shayna." I nod and get out of bed and get re-dressed.

Once I'm dressed he gets out of bed and starts putting his own clothes back on, and we leave the room together and go back to the party.

It's about 12:30 in the morning, and I can't find Jackie anywhere. Madison is out by the pool, or should I say IN the pool with Mike, hitting him with an inflatable dolphin toy. I shake my head at the sight of them and finish my drink.

I head back up to my room and decide that I need some advice from my biggest moral compass... Jason.

I lay on my bed and dial his number, letting it ring. Finally on one of the last rings a female voice answers.

"Hello?" she says.

"Um, I'm sorry, wrong number." I quickly hang up and check to see what number I dialed. Sure enough, I called Jason's cell and a woman answered. I scroll down through my contacts in my phone and dial up his home phone number.

"Hello?" he answers, sounding annoyed.

"Why did a woman just answer your cell phone? Are you being raped over there?"

"What do you want Shayna?"

"Oh my God, you didn't answer. That means you have someone over there. Is it Nicole?" He makes a strangled noise in the back of his throat.

"No, it's not. Now what do you want?"

"So who is it?"

"None of your business. Now what do you want or I'm hanging up."

"Well I had a problem and I was calling for some advice, but it sounds like you have bigger problems."

"The only problems I have is the fact that I'm on the phone with you, and I now have to explain to my guest that I don't always have random females calling me at all hours of the night."

"Since when am I a random female?"

"What is your problem?"

"Well Sal called me and told me on my voice mail that he wants to get serious with me."

"And?"

"Well I was in bed with Cody when the call came in."

"Jesus, Shayna."

"I know. So what do I do?"

"Does Sal know you were with Cody?"

"He assumed, and he said that he didn't care."

"OK, so there you go. If he doesn't make it a big deal, then you don't. Simple as that. Do you want to be serious with him?"

"I'm willing to try. I haven't been in a serious relationship in a long time."

"So is that all you needed?"

"Yeah I guess. So who's the woman?"

"Goodbye Shayna."

"Are you going to cover your tracks with the mystery woman now?"

"Pretty much. I'm getting a death glare from across the room."

"I'm sorry. I'll let you go now."

"Alright. Be good out there. Are you coming home tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow night. The girls and I are getting massages at noon."

"Sounds fun."

"It should be. Maybe you should suggest that your mystery woman give you a massage."

"Shayna."

"Tell her your shoulders really hurt."

"It's not my shoulders that need the massage."

"Eeeww!!!" He laughs.

"Goodnight, Shayna."

"Night Jase. Love you."

"Love you too." I hang up and stare at the ceiling. I hear something out in the hallway, so I get up and open my door and look out. When I do I see Austin and Jackie stumbling into her room. They look up at me and laugh before they duck into the room. I shake my head and shut my door again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this one. There are only going to be a couple more chapters in this one, then I think I'm going to start my new one that I've been pondering for a little while now.
Enjoy.
Comments are loved.
Shayna's outfits.