The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Eight.

Jack had gladly agreed to my proposal and his crew was below deck of The Reclaimer. He was amazed that a ship could be so organized underneath, for it had a fairly large kitchen and also a 'parlor' area, where the two crews were now. Will was probably the most happy to see me, but soon left with Elizabeth after an hour or two. Long into the night, the men (and Rose, Britain, and Allisa) still drank. Most were too preoccupied with the rum to notice me slip out above deck. Everyone but Jack Sparrow.

I went above deck and shivered slightly. Even though the weather was nice during the day, it was sometimes cool at night especially on clear nights like it was. I walked across the board attaching the ships together and on to The Pearl. I looked up and stared at the clear sky.

"Do you miss it?" asked Jack, walking to The Pearl.

I nodded but didn't turn to face him, and didn't respond either.

"The crew's been a mess without you. They don't know how to clean up after themselves, I figure you'll prolly want to work in the kitchen, right?" He walked over and placed his coat over my shoulders.

"I don't care. Just, Kat usually stays above deck a lot, so you'll have to put up with her," I said, walking away from him. "Jack," I added turning around,"Don't think I'm forgiving you."

"Love, I know that you hate me, but please, I don't want you to hate me."

I stared at him, tears threatening to leak out of my eyes. "Jack, I loved you, and I thought you loved me back. You won't be able to talk yourself out of this one, Jack. You did it and it can't be undone." At this point, I slid down to the floor, tears streaming down my face.

Jack got down beside me and said,"I know I can't, and I won't try. Look at yourself, you're almost more of a mess than I am." He gave me a reassuring hug and kissed my head, rubbing my back.

"Thanks, Jack. This still doesn't change anything. I don't love you anymore."

"Keep telling yourself that, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
But I like this chapter, it's my favorite in the story.
=)