Status: Up and Running Again

Moved To Fast

Chapter 1

CHAPTER: 1

“Mom why on earth are we going at 5:30 in the morning to pick them up? I mean don’t they have limousine’s for that stuff?”

“Marisa, do not be rude they are your childhood friends and you should want to go pick them up, not think it’s a chore.”

“But mom!”

“No buts.” Go and check if the flight’s on time.”

“Fine,” I sighed so loudly I’m pretty sure they heard it on the plane.”

I walked around the very empty airport. It was so weird because every other time I had been here it was so busy but then again it is 5:30 in the morning. Most passengers were getting ready to board the 6am flights for a business trip in god knows where. You could tell because they were wearing very expensive suits with a briefcase in one hand and a phone in the other, which they could not put down for even one minute. I walked around the whole airport even though I already checked for the flights. There was something weird but interesting about airports in the sense that each passenger you saw as you walked had their own story. In the sense that their journey might be starting or a part of it might be ending here. Finally after walking around for 15 – 20 minutes I returned back to where mum was standing waiting for me.

“Marisa where have you been, are you alright, is their flight on time?”

“Hold on mom, one question at a time. Yes their flight is on time they will land in 10 minutes and I’m fine I just went for a little walk to kill time.”

“Oh ok dear,” said mom slightly fazed. I wondered what was wrong but wasn’t too stressed about pressing for details. She was probably just anxious I mean we hadn’t really seen or heard from them in five years and then all of a sudden out of nowhere our families were besties again.

I checked the time on my watch quickly and saw that it was 6:20, well it does take a while for them with customs and stuff but they are rock stars aren’t they so it should be easier for them. Anyway I just want them to hurry up so I can go back home and catch up on the sleep I have missed. I mean it’s the beginning of summer and I have to spend the first day at the airport waiting for people who don’t give a shit about me anyway.

“Marisa look there they are” mom practically looked like a fan-girl as she had that gigantic grin on her face and everything.

“Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack!” she screamed out before I could stop her. Then in not even a second teenagers from absolutely no where turned up screaming and shouting “We Love You Alex!”

I stood there waiting for a couple of minutes taking it all in then before I knew it I turned around and walked straight out the airport. I could hear mom screaming as loud as she possibly could over the noise telling me to come back. But there was one other voice that I think I faintly heard; it was Alex’s “Marisa, Wait! I’m sorry.” But I didn’t look back, I continued walking out of the airport and into the parking. It didn’t take me long to find the car because for some insane reason I just knew where it was. Thank god I had the keys for one of the car’s with me otherwise I would have to stand out here for who knows how long to wait for those rock stars to show up. I got in and turned on the radio to a random channel, I wasn’t even listening to the music, I was just thinking, which is a very dangerous pastime. But the things I was thinking I really didn’t want to think about. Why, why? After all these years did they finally come back? Why, did they never contact us, no phone calls, emails, letters, I would even be happy with a tweet. But no, they didn’t give a shit and now they just come back out of nowhere and expect it to be like old times. Didn’t they understand it wasn’t that easy, didn’t they understand that I have not come back here till this year, didn’t they get that when they left nothing was the same. By now I was crying and I didn’t really understand why and at that exact moment everyone was standing outside waiting for me. I quickly composed myself and got out of the car. Mom gave me a look and Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack were just standing at the back of the 4wd waiting. I could tell they wanted to say something but no one did. Then finally Jack ran up to me with that cute little smile on his face, screaming “Risa! I missed you!” He opened his arms out for a hug and asked “a big hug for old time’s sake?”

“Hmm let me see… How about no!.”

“Bu-u-ut why?” he asked, practically about to cry.

“I’m pretty sure you guys are smart enough to figure it out yourself,” I snapped back with an attitude that even scared me. I walked over to the convertible, got in and slammed the door with so much anger I was afraid the door would fall off. I could hear them all talking outside.

“What’s wrong with her usually she would be laughing and smiling by now.” I could tell that was Zack’s voice, he was always so caring, but obviously not enough to make a phone call.

“Well she hasn’t been the same since you guys left. I think Alex should go talk to her since he was the closest.”

Oh no mom did not just say that I don’t want to talk to him ever, after what they have all done does she still think we can be best friends again.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea, she made it pretty clear that she doesn’t want to speak to any of us.” Alex replied with a very concerned tone that brought me tears, but no I wouldn’t cry.

“Oh come on Alex you were her best friend, now go. We will all go in this car and the rented one that Matt has and you go with Marisa in her car. Ok.”

“Fine Rian, but don’t expect much.”

They all started loading the stuff into the cars and I could see Alex making his way over to the car. He walked exactly the same with his hands and his pockets and that cute little flick he did with his hair was just too adorable. But no I couldn’t think about that he hurt me too much for me to be able to forgive him. He came over to the passenger side and I could see he was giving everybody a look; he hesitated before opening the door and came in.

I looked over and saw Alex staring straight forward with a blank expression on his face and I knew that this was all a mistake, but I couldn’t help but wonder why they are here. But I decided what does it matter, so I put in the key and started the engine. It roared to life and I was just about to reverse out when Alex asked me a question that I wasn’t expecting at all.

“Why are you so angry at me?”

The sound of the brakes was so loud and ear-piercing as I jammed the breaks and I received a what the hell look from Alex and I turned over and faced him.

“You want to know why I am so angry at you. Are you blind Alex? Don’t you know what you guys have put me through over the last five years! After all of us being best friends since the day we were born. Then you pack up and leave for your rock star lifestyle, and believe me I was so proud of you guys for making it so big. But if you living in that world means you forget all of this. Then fine go out to parties and get drunk every night, spend all your money on shit and fuck every single fake you see. Because I don’t need you and your shit Alexander, I gave up waiting a long time ago.

He just looked at me baffled and I tried hold back the tears boiling up in my eyes. I revved up the engine again and reversed out of the parking lot. Out of the airport onto the highway staring straight ahead on the road not even giving Alex one glance because if I gave in and looked at him I wouldn’t be able to help myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea I'm posting all the way up too chapter 10 today :D