Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember The Games We Played?

You and I were crazy according to the rest of our ‘posse’. We were always playing games, whether they were made up or taken from somewhere, we were always playing something.
They were always talking games, nothing that involved sitting down and rolling dice. The first thing we ever played was twenty questions. It was autumn, and we weren’t best friends but we were pretty close. We were sitting under a pine tree, alone, when I asked if you wanted to play. We were friends –but we didn’t really know much about each other then.
“That’s so cliché.” You replied with a laugh.
I shrugged, “That may be true, but it does give people the chance to learn more about another person.”
“You know, you could just learn a little more about me as time passes.” You said.
“But that’s no fun.” I said.
“Fine. You first.”
And so we played. I don’t remember any of the questions you ask me, or any of my answers –I just remember all my questions and your answers.
My favorites were when you admitted that you loved the movie Beauty and the Beast –which you still do –and that you were part Asian –which explains your darker skin tone –and when you told me a few things about your family.
“I’m rambling.” You said after answering another question of mine. I had asked what you wanted to do with your life after college. You mentioned getting married to someone.
“No you’re not.” I disagreed.
“Liar.”
“I only tell the truth.”
“And for saying that, you are most definitely a liar.” You laughed.
I smiled, “Maybe.”
You opened your mouth to reply when you were suddenly tackled by Brooke. You tried to get away but she pinned you down, “Hey lovers!” She greeted. She was so energetic then.
“Get off of me, fatass.” You ordered and shoved her off.
“That’s not way to treat a lady!” Kyle appeared from around the tree and helped Brooke to her feet.
I rolled my eyes, “What do you want?” I asked exasperated.
“To play a game!” Brooke sang.
“We were just doing that…” you replied.
“Come on, Annabelle, please?” Brooke begged.
“Annabelle?” I asked and you looked at me.
“I prefer Ellie.” You stated simply before looking at Brooke and glaring, “Fine.”
“We’re playing hide and seek.” She said before skipping away.
“Who’s it?” You asked, I was staring at you. Curious to why you’d prefer Ellie over such a beautiful name.
“Tony.” Kyle answered, “Now go hide!” he ran away, following Brooke.
You looked at me and tugged the sleeves of the purple hooded sweatshirt that you were wearing down over your hands. You stood up before offering me one, “Come on. We can hide together.” You said with a smile.
I took your hand and helped you help me off the cold ground. We stood there looking around, contemplating on a hiding spot when I squeezed your hand and you looked up at me. I lost my train of thought for a second before forcing out, “Carney Library, Tony would never step foot in it.”
You smiled and agreed; still holding onto my hand you started leading us to the building on the other side of campus.

~~~

Tony didn’t find us, but Brooke did. Afterwards you didn’t feel like playing another round like the others so you and I went to your dorm, Maple Ridge Hall. We hung around the lobby for hours, playing more twenty questions and then making up some games that were too crazy for me even to remember.
All I remember is that I had an unforgettable time with you that day.
I wished that it would never end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll touch your hand
And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve
It's cliché, I know
But baby it's the price we pay


I lied.

My friend's sleeping over so I can't update until later tomorrow so I thought
I'd just get this out.

Comment&Subscribe (: