Status: Slow Updates

You're the Light on the Dark Side of Me

College

I stepped into N.Y's Dancing College feeling intimidated, I didn’t know my way around the city itself and I didn’t know anyone. The first thing I should do was to find someone who could help me.

“Good morning.” I greeted.

“Hello.” A red-haired woman said fixing her glasses while smiling at me.

“I’m new, could you help me?” I said going straight to the point.

“Of course. Get me get your paperwork.” She said going behind her desk yelling some words to another woman. “So you are one of the three new selected students?” She asked.

“I guess I am.” I said smiling.

“What’s your name?” She asked looking through some papers.

“Patrícia Megan Valentine.” I said.

“Here it is: your schedule, your teacher’s names and your dorm number.” She said giving me three sheets of paper.

“Thank you.” I smiled as I exited the room studying what she had given me.
Tomorrow morning I would be having choreography class which I had some experience in, then corporal expression and then vocals. This school wasn’t just about dancing, they trained our voices too in case we were going into a musical career.

I opened my dorm room to realize that I wasn’t going to share it with anyone which was a relief for me. I unpacked my stuff and went to bed.

I woke up at 7 am on the next day feeling nervous because I had never taken serious classes and all of this was new to me, extremely new.

“You’re late.” The choreography teacher said eyeing me from head to toe.

“I’m sorry, I got lost.” I said entering the classroom, setting my bag down and placing myself in the line.

“You’re new?” He asked.

“Yes.” I stated.

“Come here and introduce yourself.” He said smiling more welcomingly now.

“Hello, my name is Patrícia Valentine.” I said.

“Where are you from?” He asked.

“California.” I said.

“Alright Valentine from California show me what you got.” He dared me pressing the play button on the stereo next to him.

Classic music I smiled in relief and for the first time I noticed that the room was full of mirrors and I felt everyone’s eyes on me. I focused and I felt like I was flying, I wasn’t paying attention to what my feet were doing, ballet felt normal to me. I finished and I looked back to see everyone giggling.

“Silence!” The teacher said harshly walking by my side.

“You’re good miss. Really good. It’s my pleasure to have your feet here.” He said placing his arm around my shoulder.

“Now who will I put you with…” He said thoughtfully looking around the room as all the guys smiled. “Ha-ha we found our man. Justin come here.” He commanded as a guy with a wide smirk came towards us and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Mark I don’t do what she just did, I was supposed to be having creative writing.” He said.

“I know, but I also know that she came here because she’s good at ballet. We’re here to teach her how to dance every single thing else and improve her natural talents. Ready for the task?” The teacher apparently named Mark asked.

“Yes sir.” Justin said smiling down at me as I blushed.

The rest of the class went by normally with Mark paying special attention to what I was able and not able to do.

“Alright thank you everyone. In the next class we will practice this choreography all over again so do it when you have time, I don’t want any mistakes.” Mark said smiling widely as everyone left.

“Hey want to grab a bite?” Justin asked.

“Sure, I don’t really know anything around.” I said smiling shyly.

“Then let me show you.” He said offering me his arm which I gladly accepted blushing.

Why do I suddenly feel like a teenager all over again? The only person who made me feel like this was… I shook my head before I could even remember the name.

“What’s wrong?” Justin asked giving me a worried look.

“Nothing.” I said quietly.

He nodded smiling but I knew he wasn’t convinced.

One month later


“Valentine!" I heard someone yell outside of my bedroom.

I groaned lightly and pulled the covers more against my body, refusing to get up.

“I’m breaking in. On 1…” I recognized Justin’s voice “2… damn it Paty 3!” He yelled and opened the door.

“Let me sleep!” I yelled placing my arms around my head.

“Hey sleepy come on! Vocals is next do you want Oliz killing us?” He asked making a sweet voice.

“Go away.” I mumbled.

“Okay.” He sighed as I heard the door close.

I peeked out of the warmth of the sheets and Justin’s body landed on top of mine, squeezing me.

“JUSTIN!” I cried out as my lungs started to warn me about the lack of air.

“Oh sorry, sorry.” He said pushing himself up ending up sitting on the floor.

“Why did you wake me up?” I asked looking at the ceiling.

All the classes were really starting to make me feel tired and missing home like I had never missed it before. Justin and I had grown attached, though, he was busier than I was because he was studying to be a singer and helping me at the same time in my dancing classes.

“Because today Mark is going to evaluate everything you’ve learned so far. I’ll only be able to help.” He grinned.

“I’m nervous.” I sighed.

“I know you can do it, you’re one of the best in this campus.” He said grabbing my hand in his rubbing it with his thumb.

“What about your audition?” I asked smiling at him.

“Tomorrow.” He said smiling at me sweetly.

“You sing great, don’t worry.” I said.

“Come on lazy butt!” He said excitedly as he sneaked his arms inside the sheets and pulled my body up dragging me from bed.

Something was changing.

“Timberlake and Valentine. Late again, huh?” Ms. Oliz said pointing her pen at us as we froze at the door.

“We are sorry Ms. Oliz. May we come in?” Justin said in that way he had to convince people by using his charm, though, it didn’t work on her most of the time.

“Yes, but you and Valentine are first. Did you choose any song?” She asked as we dropped our bags.

Honestly I was terrible at vocals, I mean my voice wasn’t very good but it was good enough for me to pass the subject. Fortunately for me, Justin always saved us with his wonderful voice.

“Oh yes we did.” Justin winked as I widened my eyes because we didn’t really have a song.

“What are you doing?” I mumbled at Justin as Oliz gave us a suspicious look but sat on a desk in the end of the room, while everyone remained silent but watching closely.

“Improvising. What was the last song you heard?” He asked taking his leather jacket off.

“Hit the road Jack.” I replied the panic growing inside of me as I dropped my bag to the floor.

Justin chuckled quietly but placed his arms on my shoulders taking us to the front of class.

“Just start and I’ll be your back vocals.” He said.

“God, I hate you right now.” I said between gritted teeth.

Justin chuckled as I cleared my throat nervously and took a step forward.

“Hit the road Jack and don’t you come back…” I started.

“No more, no more, no more, no more.” Justin said snapping his fingers to the beat of the song and singing beautifully.

“Hit the road Jack and don’t you come back…” I smiled.

“No more!” Justin sang as Oliz clapped to make us stop.

I blinked joining Justin.

“Timberlake good job, Valentine that’s actually the best I’ve seen you do.” She said actually smiling. “Back to your seats. Allison and Jake next.” She pointed at the other side of the classroom as Justin smiled at me and picked our things to take them to our usual seats.

“See? I saved us once again.” He smirked proudly.

“We were lucky.” I said sitting down, while having to put up with Justin staring intently at me on purpose.

“Can you stop?” I asked quietly.

“No, I like staring at you.” He said.

I blushed a deep red while smiling at him as I turned to look at Miss Oliz so she wouldn’t start arguing with us. Soon after the class ended and next was a free period which meant the theater was empty and I could go there to dance.

“What do you have next?” I asked as Justin and I left the classroom towards the theater.

“Facial expression.” Justin said shooting his head back.

“Come on Justin that’s an easy subject.” I said. “Happy.” I said smiling widely “Sad.” I said frowning and making puppy dog eyes “Excited!” I said opening my arms in the air looking at the sky.

Justin was already laughing but suddenly he stopped and his eyes locked with mine.

“Paty… I have something I want to ask you.” He started.

“Go ahead.” I said with curiosity. At this point, almost anything could come out of his mouth.

“Do you want to… go out for dinner with me tomorrow night?” He asked biting his lower lip, his hands grabbing mine.

“Where?” I asked trying to run from any answer.

Honestly, I never thought Justin would ask me out because I didn’t know what I was feeling for him. Jared had died a few months ago and Justin made me feel good again but I wasn't sure if I what I felt was love.

“Depends on what you want.” Justin smiled.

“You pick this time.” I smiled.

“Is that a yes?” Justin said widening his eyes.

“Yes.” I said in a quiet, shy tone as Justin wrapped his arms around me hugging me close to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the story is slowly progressing, we are still learning about the 'past' but don't worry, this won't last for too long.
This is mostly a filler but I do consider fillers important.
Thank you for all the comments and messages, they always make me happy so please keep them coming :)
Thank you for reading and subscribing!