Status: Slow Updates

You're the Light on the Dark Side of Me

Time

Next night

Justin hadn’t told me what we were going to do so I found myself in a dilemma about what to wear. I decided to go for something comfortable when suddenly I heard a soft knock on the door.

“Hey pretty.” Justin greeted entering my room with something hidden behind his back.

“Hey. What’s that?” I asked.

“Well close your eyes first.” Justin smiled.

“Okay.” I said closing my eyes.

I felt his breath on my neck very smoothly and then I felt his hand moving up my hair placing something into it.

“Ready.” Justin announced.

I opened my eyes to find my hair up perfectly, I turned my head a little to the side to find a flower pendant holding my hair, it was beautiful.

“I love it!” I said excitedly hugging Justin who hugged me back.

“The night is just starting.” He smiled as he opened the door, allowing me to pass first. “Did I tell you that you look lovely tonight?” Justin smiled placing his arm around me as we walked slowly towards his car.

“Ow thanks.” I said blushing. “So where are we going?” I asked smiling towards him.

“You’ll see.” Justin smiled opening the door for me.



“I want to see her.” A man demanded pacing around a room resembling a living room and stopping by the window, the moonlight lighting his pale skin.

“You know you can’t.” Another man replied.

He was sitting in a luxurious red chair, in the darker part of the room, his eyes observing the fire going on in the fireplace, in the opposite corner from where he was.

“It’s not fair. She needs me and… I just left her because someone told us to, because someone changed me forever.” The first man said bitterly his hand forming a fist and colliding with the wall building a considerable hole.

“It had to be done.” The other replied getting slightly concerned with the tone that the other man was using.

“I want to see her and I will see her.” The first man finished and disappeared through the door.



“Can I open them now?” I laughed with my eyes closed and Justin arms around me taking me somewhere.

“Not yet.” Justin whispered making me shiver at how low he had spoken. “Open them.”

I opened my eyes to see that we were at the marina and a boat was in front of us, but not any boat, a big boat with a compartment under and ready to sail away.

“Wow! You never told me you had a boat!” I said looking at him in shock.

“It’s mine for tonight.” Justin grinned jumping inside first so he could help me get in.

“Do you know how to command this?” I laughed sitting on the deck.

“I do, actually.” Justin said with a smarty-pants look, prepping himself to sail away.

“Can you teach me then?” I smiled.

“Of course, come here.” Justin said.

I was in front of him as he explained the different parts of the boat and finally he started teaching me how to command it.

“So place your hands here and turn very gently.” Justin said placing his hands over mine, making the wheel move as I blushed at how close we were to each other.

We kept going until we were in open sea and stopped, the sea was calm and there wasn’t any breeze or cloud in the sky.

“It’s a perfect night.” Justin smiled coming up the stairs, into the deck, with some food and wine.

“I agree I wasn’t expecting this…” I said smiling at everything.

“You deserve the best.” Justin smiling tenderly leaning down so our noses were touching.

Justin bit his lower lip making his way to kiss me but I got away from him.

“I’m sorry Justin but…” I said taking a few steps back feeling awkward.

“Hey it’s okay… I’m sorry Paty. It’s my fault I shouldn’t have tried to kiss you on our first date.” Justin said smiling sweetly.

I pulled him into a hug, I never thought he could actually feel something for me, something more than friendship and I was just a mess, I wasn’t ready to love someone else yet. I had to tell him about Jared someday but I always avoided that subject.

“Are you okay?” Justin asked.

“Yes I am. Let’s just sit down?” I suggested.

“Sure.” Justin said as we both sat on the wooden floor of the boat. We gazed at the stars and kept talking.



Where are you?! I thought growling. I started smelling the air around me, I could feel her presence but I couldn’t see her. I approached the smell slowly without a noise, as it got more intense I noticed that the sea was in my way. Suddenly I started noticing a different smell, she wasn’t alone. A male was there with her.

I growled again trying to control my temper, Paty couldn’t be doing this but it was her right to move on like I wanted her to. I groaned loudly and released an animal scream before going back to the mansion furiously.



“What was that?” I asked standing up.

“I didn’t hear anything.” Justin said getting up.

“Are you sure? It sounded like an animal” I said still frightened as Justin placed his arms around me.

“Hey don’t be so scared, it’s gone by now.” Justin said kissing my forehead.

3 MONTHS LATER

One year had passed since that fatal day and I was back home for Spring break. I hadn’t talked to either Shannon or Tomo in months because they had both disappeared and left nothing behind. Today I was going to tell Justin, because he had opened his heart to me so he deserved to know all the truth behind my past before he had serious feelings for me.

“Hey Paty.” Justin greeted smiling happily when he saw me.

“Hey bearded man!” I grinned, hugging him.

“Is everything alright? What do you have to tell me?” He asked.

“Well we better sit down.” I said as we sat down and my hands had a tight grip on my knees.

I hadn’t talked about Jared in months and bringing him back with all the memories hurt a lot more than I thought.

“Before we met… I had a boyfriend.” I started as Justin observed me with attention and listened patiently “And… he hated one of my best friends who had been his best friend before we dated. We went to a gig from that friend in our 4th anniversary and in that night my boyfriend crashed in his car after a fight with that friend.” I said feeling the tears going down my eyes and my breathing still steady.

Justin’s hands grabbed mine as he kneeled down in front of me in silence, which made me go on.

“I tried to save him so we both ended up in the hospital. He went into a coma, then he had to go to surgery and he died shortly after.” I said not being able to control my breathing, crying uncontrollably.

Justin kept quiet but he instantly embraced me tightly against his chest, my hands formed fists while grabbing the fabric of his shirt as I rested my head against his chest.

“Paty, I can’t keep on hiding my feelings anymore, I love you.” Justin whispered supporting his chin on top of my head caressing my back, his grip tight around me.

Then Justin slowly leaned in kissing my lips softly, I breathed in deeply and I placed my hands around his neck pulling him down deepening the kiss but immediately regretting what I had done.

“I gotta go…” I said pulling away from Justin.

“Paty.” He said trying to take a hold of my wrist but I stepped back.

“I’ll call you later… I promise.” I said wiping a few tears.

I knew I shouldn’t have left like that but I needed to go. On one side I didn’t want to go alone but on the other side I knew it was best for me to go alone. I knew the path to his grave without having to look around, it was in my memory. I took a deep breath before kneeling down in front of it with my hands touching the picture.

“I miss you… I-I still love you.” I whispered my eyes filling with tears.

My lower lip trembled and I started crying quietly when I felt a hand in my shoulder.

“Hey.”

“Did you follow me?” I sniffed not bothering to wipe my tears before looking up.

“I did. I’m sorry.” Justin said kneeling down beside me with his arm around my shoulder.

“Why?” I cried.

“Because I didn’t want to leave you alone. I’m here for you.” He said kissing my head holding me tightly.

“Even if I don’t return your feelings?”

“I’ll be patient.”

I took another deep breath placing my arms around Justin hugging him. He didn’t say a word, he just stood there holding me while I cried for Jared.

“Ready to go home?” Justin asked.

“I think so…” I said as he helped me stand up.

We walked in silence to the car, Justin opened the door for me and I sat there still taking in everything. Justin was amazing, he really had been showing that he loved me and he had certainly placed his pride. The question is: will I ever be able to love him in the same way?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
Here is the link for Paty's outfit for the date: http://www.polyvore.com/paty_date/set?id=50534950
From now on I'll be providing every link in the Author's Note, due to Mibba's policies.
Concerning the story: This is the LAST chapter concerning the past. In the next chapter we will be in the Present so brace yourselves!
Thank you for reading, for subscribing, for commenting and for messaging! Keep the comments coming because I absolutely love to talk to all of my readers!