Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Worth Fighting For.

22.

Alex was sitting on the Gazebo fence waiting for Hannah to arrive. His feet were swaying back and forth in the thin air, while his brown eyes were staring intensely at the lake in front of him and how the now pouring rain was slamming itself against the surface. Alex felt sick. His stomach was doing flips - and not good ones. Not the ones he usually got whenever he kissed Hannah, or just looked at the girl while they watched a movie in Hannah's living room.

Suddenly he heard feet dragging themselves up the tiny staircase that lead up onto the platform and it made him turn around instantly. There, Hannah stood, completely soaked to the bone. Alex's lips turned up into a smile as soon as his brown eyes met Hannah's blue ones. 'Hi,' he said, the word almost a whisper.

Hannah smiled sadly. 'Hi!'

The two of them stood in front of each other and none of them said anything. Alex opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't seem to find the right words. Instead, he took three steps forward and cupped Hannah's face, pressing his lips against hers. Electricity was sent through both of their bodies, and Alex smiled into the kiss as it felt like he'd died and gone to heaven. Hannah put her hands around his wrists and pulled the arms down, while shaking her head nervously. 'No Alex,' she whispered and sighed as she took a step back - away from the safety of Alex. He looked at her confused. 'What's going on?' he asked and swallowed nervously as Hannah sighed and walked over to the other side of the Gazebo, leaning against the fence.

'When I... Got your text message earlier, I couldn't stop smiling. I probably looked like a complete fool in Math class,' Hannah said and looked at her shoes, a smile escaped her lips which Alex caugh and he grinned before giving her a nod as a confirmation to continue. 'And I couldn't wait to see you too, you know?' she mumbled and looked up, her blue eyes were filled with water and it looked like her eyes were islands disappearing. Alex's heart broke into a million pieces as he knew deep down he was the reason why they were like that. 'Han, what's wrong? What's going on? You're... You're scarying me,' he replied and took a step forward, wanting to wrap his arms around her. Hannah shook her head and took a step to the side, avoiding Alex as best as possible though it was almost impossible as all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around his waist and never let go. 'So since I couldn't wait to see you, I decided to skip class. I said I had to go a dentist appointment and I jumped on the next bus to Dulaney,' Hannah said, her eyes locked with Alex's face and when his smile dropped, she knew something was up for sure. 'But when I got there, the lady behind the counter told me that there was no student by the name Alex Gaskarth attending the school.'

'Han...'

'No! What's- what's going on, Alex?' Hannah asked, her voice breaking and she took a deep breath. 'It's complicated. I'm complicated.' Alex whispered and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 'I thought we... I thought we had something.' Alex's eyes grew wide as he ran over and cornered Hannah, making it pretty impossible to go anywhwere. 'We do. Hannah, fuck. You and I, we... We have something.'

Hannah couldn't help herself and laughed quietly, making Alex frown. 'What do we have, Alex? We're not even in a relationship. Fuck,' Hannah said and sighed as she looked at her feet. 'I promised myself I wouldn't fall for you,' she whispered and closed her eyes as tears started to fall from her blue eyes. 'Hey,' Alex said as he grabbed her cheeks, cupping her face and gently rubbing his fingers against her skin.

'Something worth fighting for.'

Hannah opened her eyes and looked into Alex's. Confused, she asked, 'What?' Alex smiled and leaned down, pressing his lips against hers and he could feel her tears inbetween their lips. 'We have something worth fighting for.'

Alex pulled back and rested his forehead against hers. 'If you really mean that,' she whispered and sighed. 'You... You need to tell me what's going on. You need to open up, 'Lex,' she whispered again and Alex tensed. 'I know and I will, I- I promise.'

'Could we go to your car and talk there, though? I'm freezing my ass off here,' Hannah said and laughed nervously as she looked into Alex's brown eyes. He laughed and nodded as he pressed his lips softly against hers, while his hands pulled themselves through her wet hair. Hannah put her hands on his waist and softly tugged on the hem of his jacket. 'Come on,' he whispered and sighed as he knew what was going to happen.

'I think we need to talk.'
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you like it!! Xxx