Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

A Place In This World.

Hannah was sitting in the living room with her own copy of the first Harry Potter book, and a cup of hot chocolate which she drank from every now and then, as her blue eyes read the sentences sprawled across the first page of the second chapter. It had been two hours since Alex had left, and Hannah had tried calling him, texting him... Everything, but she got nothing back. When she had tried calling him, his phone was turned off. This pissed Hannah off because she was worried about him. Hannah sighed as she closed her book, while taking a sip from her hot chocolate. All she wanted from him was to send a text, just to tell her that he was okay and not in trouble.

As she leaned forward and put the cup on the table, a knock came from the front door. She turned her head around and wondered who it was seeing as she wasn't expecting anyone. Her parents were still at work and wouldn't be home before late. Plus, why would they knock on their own front door? 'Give me a minute,' Hannah screamed as she put the book next to the steamy cup of hot chocolate. She pushed herself out of the sofa and skipped over to the front door, which was when another knock was heard.

'I said...' Hannah said as she opened the door and when her blue eyes met the person standing in front of her, she felt her heart thud. 'Alex.'

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand while the other was pushed into his skinny jeans pocket. He was soaked. 'Hi! Uh, can- can I come in?' he asked and stared into Hannah's blue eyes. She looked at him and wondered where he'd been for the past two hours, and honestly, she wanted to slam the door in his face and tell him to leave but she did no such thing. Instead, she took a step back while she leaned her head against the wooden doorframe. Alex smiled nervously as he stepped inside the hallway. Hannah closed the door behind Alex's back, before she turned around and looked at him with arms crossed over her chest and a smileless face.

Alex turned around and looked at Hannah, 'Han, I-' Alex started but Hannah pushed past him and walked towards the living room with him following quickly. 'I'm really sorry I ran out on you like that,' he said as he watched Hannah stop in her tracks. 'I know I should-' he continued but Hannah turned around, her face now locked with his, as she said, 'do you even have any idea how worried I've been?' her voice was cold. Alex's heart dropped a couple of floors and it felt like he was stepping on it himself.

'I-'

Hannah shook her head and felt tears push through her eyelids as she had closed them earlier. 'I thought something had happened to you,' Hannah whispered and slowly opened her eyes which were filled with water. Alex sighed. 'I know.'

'Why couldn't you just call me, or at least text me? Just to let me know you were okay.'

'I'm sorry.'

Hannah sighed loudly and pulled her fingers through her hair as she looked at the floor. Alex took a step forward which made Hannah look up. 'I really am, babe. I just- I needed some time to think-'

'I get that,' Hannah said and licked her bottom lip. 'I just, I thought you had...' Hannah mumbled and blushed. 'You thought I had what?' Alex asked, even though he knew what she had thought he had done. 'I thought you'd left,' Hannah whispered and her bottom lip trembled. 'For good.' Alex bit his bottom lip and shook his head. 'I- I have no reason to leave, Hannah! I have everything I want, right here in Baltimore.'

Hannah smiled and she couldn't help but look at the floor blushing fiercly, which made Alex take another step forward and put his hands on her waist, pulling her body closer to his. She rested her palms against Alex's chest as she glanced up, only to be met by Alex's warm, brown eyes. 'I'm really sorry I scared you, I didn't mean to. I honestly didn't! I just needed to think. To get my head wrapped around everything, y'know,' Alex said as he wrapped his arms casually around her waist, locking his hands together on the lower part of her back. Hannah nodded. 'Listen Alex, if you don't want me to ask my parents if you can stay here for a couple of days, at least until you sort everything out, then I won't ask them. I didn't mean to overstep my boundries, I just... I want to help as much as I can.'

Alex smiled with a sad expression on his face as he gave her a faint nod. 'Han, I didn't mean to act like such an ass earlier, I just- I really don't know what to do,' he whispered.

Hannah looked at her boyfriend for a couple of seconds before she tiptoed and kissed Alex on the lips. His eyes closed in an instant and Hannah smiled as she lifted her arms and wrapped them around his neck, enterwining her fingers together. Alex tightened the grip around his girlfriend's waist as he lifted her slim body off the floor.

'Hannah?' Alex murmered.

'Mmm,' Hannah mumbled as she pecked Alex on the lips, while still having her arms wrapped around his neck and her body pressed against his. 'Could... Could you maybe ask your parents if I can stay here a couple of days?' Alex asked and smiled sadly towards Hannah, who smiled. She nodded and hugged him tightly, leaving soft and slightly wet kisses on his neck. 'I will ask them as soon as they get home.'
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Just because I wanted to give you another chapter... Hope you like it! Xx