Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

The Story Left Untold.

'Hey, Alex?' Hannah said and looked at her boyfriend who was sitting on the bed, playing chords on his guitar while writing down lyrics on a piece of paper. 'Mm?' he mumbled as he put the pen in his mouth and tried something else on the guitar. Hannah bit her bottom lip down nervously as she pushed her brown hair behind her left ear, while her pen was tapping softly against her book. 'I've been thinking...'

'Oh, should I call the news?' he asked and smirked as he turned his head around and looked at Hannah who stuck her tongue out at him. 'Ass,' she mumbled and crossed her arms over her chest. Alex looked at her, still laughing but when he saw that it actually hit home, he stopped. He put the guitar down on the floor, climbed off the bed and walked over to where Hannah was currently sitting, wrapping his arms around her neck from behind he whispered, 'I'm sorry.' He kissed her on the cheek and tightened the grip, 'What have you been thinking about, love?' he asked in the softest possible way and Hannah couldn't help but smile when he called her love. It had been a while since she had heard him call her that.

She turned around and Alex let go of her, looking down at her sitting on her chair in front of her desk. 'I was thinking... Maybe you should talk to my parents about your... Situation.' As soon as she said that, Alex's face fell and he walked back over to the bed. 'I mean,' Hannah said as she pushed herself up from the chair and followed her boyfriend over to the bed. 'They could help. Maybe... I don't know, maybe we can get you back in school. You could finish high school with me,' she said as she sat down on the mattress, in front of Alex who picked up his guitar. 'I- I can't tell them, Han,' he whispered as he played a chord.

'Why not?' Hannah asked, her voice shaking.

'First of all, there's no way in hell I'll be able to finish school with you, and you know that,' Alex said and sighed as he looked up and into Hannah's blue, watery eyes. 'And second, I- I don't want to tell your parents. I don't want them to feel like they have to do anything. They've already done so much for me, I can't do that to them and besides, if they find out they might call my aunt and I'll have to leave Baltimore. I- I can't, I just... I can't.'

Hannah shook her head frustratedly. 'No! You just don't get it, do you? They love you, Alex,' she said and felt tears push on as she started to fiddle with the end of the paper Alex was writing on. 'I love you,' she whispered and sighed as she was starting to get a feeling that Alex would be dissappearing soon. 'We would figure something out,' she continued to whisper as she was scared she'd break down in tears if she actually spoke up.

Suddenly, she felt her face being lifted and soft fingers were circling her cheekbones. She looked up and her lips met Alex's in an instant. Her eyes closed and she kissed him back, a faint smile tugging on both their faces. Their lips moved synchronized against each other, until Alex pulled back and rested his forehead against hers taking in deep breaths at the same time. 'I love you too. You know that, right?' he asked in a hushed tone.

Hannah opened her blue eyes and was about to answer when the door opened and Josh, Hannah's dad, stuck his head in with a broad smile on his face. 'Dad,' Hannah said and swallowed the lump of tears in her throat as she didn't want him to ask questions. 'What's up?' she asked and smiled. Alex's hands dropped from her cheeks and rested on the mattress casually. 'Hey guys,' Josh said and smiled warmly towards the two teen. 'Uh, Nora and I were wondering if we could talk to Alex for a minute actually,' Josh said and directed his gaze over at Alex who frowned and looked at Hannah who shrugged. She had no idea what her parents wanted to talk to him about. 'Uh sure, yeah,' Alex replied and shrugged. Josh nodded and smiled, 'Great. We'll be in the kitchen,' he said and looked at his daughter, 'and you, you have a test tomorrow, remember that.' Hannah rolled her eyes and Alex laughed as Josh closed the door and headed back downstairs.

'What do you think they wanna talk to me about?' Alex asked as he climbed out of bed and straightened his jeans and his T-shirt before looking down at his girlfriend who shrugged and got up as well. 'Beats me,' she replied and saw that Alex was really nervous. 'Hey,' she said and grabbed his hand, softly rubbing her thumb against the top of his. 'Don't be nervous. They probably just want to ask you something stupid,' she said and smiled as Alex nodded. 'Yeah...' he whispered and swallowed. 'Go on,' Hannah said and pushed her boyfriend playfully towards the door. 'Maybe I'll be able to do some reading while you're downstairs. You're a bit of a distraction,' she said and winked at him as she pulled her chair out and sat down.

Alex laughed as he walked out of the room and down the staircase. 'Josh, do you really think we should tell him?' Alex stopped in his tracks as he listened to what they were saying. 'Nora, we have to tell him. I don't want to lie to him. He's become one of the family,' Josh replied to his wife's question. 'Yeah, you're totally right,' Nora answered and Alex swallowed nervously as he continued down the last couple of stairs.

He cleared his throat and Nora turned her head anued. round, while Josh looked up from the wooden kitchen table. 'Hey Alex,' Josh said and smiled warmly.

Alex walked over to the empty seat and sat down, his brown eyes staring at the two adults in front of him. 'So,' he said and cleared his throat. 'What's going on?' he asked and felt his heart skip a beat as Josh and Nora exchanged looks. 'Listen Alex,' Nora started. 'We love having you here with us, don't get us wrong,' Nora continued and Alex nodded. 'Yeah,' Josh continued and smiled. 'You're a great guy and we really don't mind having you living here, we just...' Josh said and looked at Nora who looked at the table as she didn't want to look at Alex. 'You haven't really given us a lot to work with. To get to know you completely, if you know what I mean?' Josh said and looked at Alex who swallowed and nodded. He had a bad feeling where this was going. 'Well, we kind of did some research...'

'What?' Alex blurted out. Nora and Josh looked at him. 'You- you have been checking up on me?!' Alex asked, his voice slightly raised. Nora leaned over and grabbed Alex's hand, softly rubbing her fingers against his. 'I'm really sorry about your parents and your brother Alex, I- I don't know what I would do if that was me.'

Alex's heart dropped. 'How- How did you..' Alex spoke but words wouldn't form. 'Josh has a friend in the police department,' Nora answered Alex's unfinished question. Alex looked at Nora then at Josh, feeling anger and sadness build up inside him. 'We got your aunt's number and...'

'You called my aunt?!' Alex screamed and pulled his hand back, his chair falling to the floor as he stood up. 'Alex, please,' Nora whispered, her voicec calm. 'We just want to help...' Nora continued and this made Alex snap. 'Everyone just wants to fucking help! Why can't people just get it? I don't want anyone's help!'

Tears were falling down Alex's cheeks and this broke Nora and Josh's hearts. 'I- I can't believe you called her,' he whispered and closed his fists. 'She misses you, Alex. She- She told us you ran away two years ago.' Alex closed his brown eyes and sighed as he shook his head back and forth. 'I'm... I don't have to listen to this,' he mumbled as he moved towards the kitchen entrance.

'Alex. Please, let's just-'

'NO!' he screamed and realized that Hannah probably heard. Tears were falling more rapidly and his voice was hoarse. 'I'm sorry, I know you thought you did what was right, but you really didn't,' he answered.

'Alex?'

He turned his head around and saw Hannah stand on the top of the staircase. 'What's... What's going on?' she asked and her face screamed concern. 'I- I have to go,' Alex mumbled as he went for the hallway. 'Wait, what? Why?' Hannah asked as she hurried down the staircase to stop her boyfriend from leaving. 'Alex, please, stay. We can work things out,' Josh said as he and Nora entered the hallway too. 'What the hell did you two say to him?!' Hannah screamed at her parents, rage boiling in her veins.

'Alex,' Hannah whispered as she looked at him putting his shoes on. 'Please, stay,' she whispered, her voice cracking. Alex stopped and straightened up. He stood with his back facing them. 'Please. You- you promised me you wouldn't leave me,' she whispered, tears now falling down her cheeks as well. Alex sighed, grabbed the door handle and dissappeared into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm kinda struggling with where I'm going with this, but here you go! Hope you like it. I hope I'll be able to write a little this weekend as I'll be without internet for three days. AHHHH! How am I going to survive?! Hahah. xxx