Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 33: My happiest Christmas

Above Planet Earth, 25th December, no particular year

The sharp knife was driven through the flesh of the tender Christmas turkey.
Lloyd had worked all day in the kitchen, no body had been allowed to disturb him,
he was making magic.
We were now tucking happily in to his hard efforts.
The turkey was absolutely divine and succulent, the vegetables were filled with mouth watering flavor, I was able to mash them in my mouth with my tongue they were that soft.

Zach wouldn't let us serve him gravy from the boat, he was confused by the substance, he had never seen it before where he was from.
He was also confused by stuffing, which Lloyd and I happily applied to the turkey and chewed with delight.
Zach ate meat and vegetables together, he was used to a celebration day on his planet, it was focused around earth April time.
He told us that on celebration day it was tradition for the strongest men to catch the meat and the other nest women to gather the vegetables, the rest cooked.

Zach told us that it was important go kill the Yaku, this was a bird much like the ostrich, he showed us on the majestic's monitor.
The tradition was to cut off the birds head as it fled and steal its egg for the dinner too.
The eggs were a local delicacy and were classed as a vegetable.
Nevertheless Zach tucked into the turkey fondly and licked his lips happily.
"We'll try and get a Yaku next year Zach." Lloyd said.
Zach looked up from his plate, "this is better," he said and smiled.
Lloyd and him high fived.

"Who's for crackers?" I asked pulling out a box.
I pulled a cracker with Zach and Lloyd at the same time, a cracker with each hand.
I threw the joke away, I didn't like cracker jokes, I wore the crown hat and filled my toy up with water, it was a plastic water pistol.
I squirted Lloyd and Zach who laughed and covered themselves, "I'm defenseless!" said Zach raising his hands in surrender.
The water pistol ran out of water, "Damn, out of ammo." I said.

Zach and Lloyd now pulled a cracker, they both went for the joke, they read it for a second and were in stitches laughing.
They handed me the joke. It said; What is a door when it is not a door? Ajar.
I didn't find that funny what so ever but I could tell the difference from Lloyd and Zach, Lloyd who was from 1914 and Zach who was from a native sand planet who didn't tell jokes.

Later on in the day Lloyd and Zach fell asleep in the two comfortable chairs in the majestic's living room, the fire was burning away nicely.
I turned on a Christmas movie and began to watch, my heart was elated and filled with joy.
Little did I know all was about to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to: Thenightmarewriter
Lozzieten
Thegoodtwo
and you the reader!