Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 49: Public Enemy Number One

Sometimes, landing on a different planet isn't a good thing.
The planet that we'd decided to land on was called The Warrior's Creed.
Odd name for a planet, yes.
The majestic's computer only managed to tell us that there was nothing of any significance on this planet.
We had hacked the universal policing computer's to look for public enemy number one.
Imagine being public enemy number one, I couldn't imagine what it would be like.

I had decided that the public enemies were the best place to look for someone who was powerful and cunning also foolish, all at the same time.
The police didn't have the computer that the majestic has, John Storm paid big money for the majestic system, he still wont tell me where it's from, hell, I don't want to know.
The man in question was an ex-pilot by the name of Stryker.
Nobody knew his real name, in the air force they had called him Stryker.

If he was to be convicted he would be convicted of, murder x8, robbery x29, breaking and entering x43 (that the police are aware of) and assault.
I think the police lost count of the latter.
He had hidden on the warriors creed in the hope that he'd be left alone, there was no human life on the warriors creed but it was full of beasts.
Humans had tried to colonize the planet but something had always stopped them, last time they attempted 39 men had lost their lives.

Now I understood why.
We had touched down on the warrior's creed and Susie and I had departed from the ship.
Susie had chosen a military Massadonia grade assault rifle.
The planet was windy, I had to raise my voice to speak to Susie.
We were following Stryker's location on an electronic map, somebody had tagged Stryker once upon a time, they certainly weren't police, I'm sure they were hoping for a high price. The information was put on the majestic's computer database, this led me to believe that it was a criminal database.
I don't know what else I was expecting, John Storm bought it, he was an honest criminal.

As soon as we touched down we braved the winds and headed towards the beeping location on a mini computerized map on my wrist.
I had heard a noise from a certain distance, I held my hand up for Susie to stop, I vaguely heard her load up the assault rifle behind me.
That was when I felt the ground begin to shake.
It was like an aftershock of an earthquake, I almost fell over because of the force of the shaking.
I looked ahead, regaining my balance, the strong gust of wind that followed certainly didn't help.

Susie screamed and aimed the assault rifle forwards. "Don't." I almost whispered.
At first I thought they were men on horseback.
Of course they weren't, they waved spears above their heads, some had bows and arrows.
All of them screamed in anger and stormed towards us faster than imaginable.
"They're centaurs George, like the fairytale."
"RUUUUN!" I shouted.
We turned and sprinted, faster than either of us had ever done before.
Susie's hair was in her eyes most of the time, she put it right but it blew back.

"We're not going to make it." she said, fear had shrouded her voice.
I reached in my pocket and took out my automatic pistol and began to shoot backwards, I didn't look back, I was too keen on escape.
I heard, well more felt, a few centaurs fall, their sheer bulk of half horse half man made the light ground vibrate.
"GEORGE!"
I had dared to look behind, they weren't like fairy tales, they were slobbering feral beasts.
Susie drew my attention forwards.
It was misty ahead but I noticed a large boulder and on it stood a man.
This man was my definition of cool, his coat was brown and leather, it was worn, he had an open collar shirt and worn jeans.
He wore a bandanna as a mask and an explorer hat, much like a cowboy's.
He held a crossbow which was resting on his lap, I noticed a slight flame.

He shot the crossbow bolt and I thought we were doomed, he couldn't take them out with that, I don't care how cool he was.
When the bolt made contact with a single centaur, it exploded.
Many of the centaurs around it were killed instantly, the others stopped and turned back, fleeing from the human fire.
When all was quiet Susie and I hugged, she stared deep into my eyes and kissed me on the lips.
This lasted a good five seconds before I decided that it was polite to talk to our Savior.
I opened my eyes after the kiss and she smiled at me, her cheeks were pink.
I felt like giggling like a child... again.

I held out my hand to our Savior.
He took it and shook a very firm shake.
"The name is Stryker, Samuel Stryker, and you are?
We introduced ourselves and told him what we knew, we told him our whole story.
Not once did he remove the mask or the hat, we didn't see his face.
We told this man about Beelzebub, about the year of safety which was over.
Most importantly, he agreed to come aboard the time machine and help our cause.
Well... after we told him he was public enemy number one.
Everyone needs some persuasion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading dear reader!