Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

My Master the creeper.

Cold, damp, and blind. Those were the first words that came to mind when I woke up from my deadly slumber. My body ached, and my poor limbs screamed at me to halt when I instantly sat up, panicked as to why I was surrounded by darkness. All light was absent from my prison cell, and well I wasn't even entirely sure it was a prison cell. Especially since I was blinded from no light!
I raised my hands in front of my face, concentrating hard on the area where they should be but all I got was an out line. Frustration caused memories of all of my pain from the last few days to flood back into my memory, as if I was reliving every painful act all over again. Now was not the time for a mental breakdown, but every fiber of my being wanted to let all the emotions building up inside me slide down my cheeks in snotty tears.
I slid my finger under my eyes to wipe away tears that didn't even fall, because despite the sadness, anger still seemed to dwell deep inside my heart from my need for vengeance. So instead of crying my eyes out like a little girl, I gripped the side of the bed I laid on and tried to stand.
Triumph was my first reaction as my toes touched the cool, hard surface of the concrete floor, but be wild me as I realized I was barefoot. Surprised by my loss of shoes I let go of the bed in order to search for my missing shoes, but was sadly disappointed when my hands met the cold stone ground with a painful fall.
An odd tingling sensation burst throughout my legs, like millions of ants were crawling their way up my legs, leading me to only two conclusions.
One, bug's were possibly crawling up my legs. Or two, my legs were asleep... I was really hoping it was option two.
With my new handicapped moment, I gave up on walking and went with plan B: Crawling!
The ant feeling began to subside after a few minutes of crawling around the room feeling everything in my grasp. I felt pretty confident I was alone after I covered every inch of the room, confirming my suspicions of being locked up in a damn cellar. The only objects in the room besides the usual crappy rusted framed bed was a small, dirty toilet and a sink that spat out water that smelled like mold.
I thank you, you stupid, murdering blood sucker.
To add to my list of awesome new things in this crap hole, there was only one exit... A steel door. Yes I just said steel!
After a few more moments of the ants, I finally had the strength to pull myself up off the floor with the help of the door knob.
So you figure after intelligently climbing my way up the door, I would have a better plan of escape but it turns out I didn't because guess what? I scream. “Let me out!” My voice cracking from a dried up throat, and my arms shake from instability.
Where is that damn vampire?
At the thought of that guy, my anger rose and memories of my mother started running through my mind like a video, which only made me scream, and pound harder upon the door.

Flash back:
It was the day of my sixteenth birthday, my friends all came over to celebrate another year of my splendid life, and nothing seemed like a better dinner then a old fashion family barbeque. Balloons were tied to every single plastic chair unfolded in the backyard, a gigantic banner hung across the frame of the house displaying ,”Happy birthday Ember!” No doubt hand made judging by the sharpy printed words. It was as if I was there, reliving the last happy moment I had with my friends. My mom didn't have any family alive as long as I have been born so my friends, well they were the only family I had ever known, along with my mother of course.
“Ember! Come on in the kitchen it’s time for cake!” My mom bellowed out the back door at me and my friends lounging in the outside tables. At the sounds of my mothers voice, we all scrambled to be the first into the kitchen for some of my mom's homemade cake. As playful as our pushing was, no one would beat me to my own cake.
As if he sensed my determination, my best friend, Jake grabbed hold of my waste, and lifted me into his arms rushing me through my crowd of hungry friends. Each one grumbled their own rounds of protest, but none dared push passed us. One because it was my birthday and two because Jake may be a nerd, but he's one tough cookie when he sets his mind to something, so despite their grumbles he slid passed them like a knife through butter.
My mom stood at the table, my cherry chocolate cake in her arms with sixteen purple candles lit, waiting to be wished upon. She grinned at me as I smoothly entered the kitchen first in the arms of our favorite neighbor, then handed me my yearly birthday hat.
It was a paper crown glued together with sparkles, and diamonds as it's blingedge. We made it was I was five and went through the princess stage every littler girl does, and we never really stopped using it since.
“Aw the birthday girl needs her crown!” Jake grinned at me like a cute little fool. His grin made his dimples show, and his Chocolate brown eyes Cringed up. I ruffled up his short black hair and playfully pushed him. See Jake was my best friend, we had been friends since we were little when my mother and I moved next door to his family. We easily became close after that, and he has been there for me ever since.
“Come on baby time to blow out the candles!” My mother urged me. She smiled eagerly to me, excitement all over her face, and I laughed. I inhaled through my nose a huge breathe, but before I could blow Jake spoke up. “Don’t forget to make a wish,” He stared at me with more care then I realize now that I deserved.
At that time all that mattered was my friends and my mom. They were my life, so my wish was something that would effect us all…I just didn’t know how real it was.
I wished for more adventure to envelope us all…
Flashback over:
“Let me out now!” I screamed again,and again. Panic swelled up inside me pushing it's way to my soul stabbing at memories of my home. My mom's eyes, and Jake’s smile, all things that reminded me I had lost any true happiness I once owned.
“Please!” I begged, my voice cracked with every syllable I uttered. Just once I wished this stupid vampire would understand what it was like to lose it all in a blink of an eye.
"Will you please shut up all ready? You’re being very impolite, and your giving me a headache!" A voice suddenly spoke up, annoyance spilled from his voice like water from a faucet. Startled by the new presents in the room, I swung around and pressed my body against the steel door, panic plain to see as my heartbeat excelled.
“Let me out now!” I snapped, praying that my fear was not as obvious as it felt. He chuckled, his voice growing louder, hinting he was getting closer, and sending me into panic mode. “You know I am actually quite thirsty.” Suddenly I could feel ice cold breathe hitting my collar bone, freezing me in place, and terror rippled through me.
Without even thinking, my hands balled up into fists and I swung them up with such ferocity and power that anyone within my reach would suffer with a big fat bruise... Only I never connected with his face. He caught my fist merely centimeters away from his face, then with the speed of a cheetah he twisted my body around and pinned my wrists above my head.
"Don't even think about it!" I growled. Venom dripped from my voice, like a snake poisoning it's prey. I wished with every fiber in my being my voice would poison the shit out of him.
His rock solid chest shifted forward against my back, sending unwanted shivers though me, and his face closing in closer to my neck. His thin soft lips connected with my neck, parting against my skin... His tongue taste, teeth poking... And I bit him.
He howled in outrage from my instinctive bite, then he tumbled backwards in shock, giving me room to breathe... And to move.
Immediately I crouched down as low as my body allowed, I swung a leg out towards him, and knocked his feet out from under him. His body his the ground with a painful “plop!” Then I sprung into action and ambushed him. Fury, revenge and pain fueled every punch I landed on his face, till he went limp, and I cried. They weren't loud sobs like you see in movies, they were silent tears, that snuck out despite my protest. Hesitantly, I crawled off of the vampire and walked back over to the door. I tried one last time to open it, but then slid into a sitting position in defeat.
Cold bitter blood soaked my tongue from one bite into his dead skin and my stomach churned because I was on the verge throwing up. ”God, that wasn't my brightest idea,” I mumbled, running my hands over my tongue, trying to wipe away the blood.
"Your right. It was a horrible idea." Suddenly his body was pressing me flatter against the door, muscular chest an all, but sadly he was smarter and kept his neck a good distance away.
"Get off of me,” I gasped, my lungs were being squashed by muscles my friends would die to lick, while I wished to beat the crap out of them... I think?
He laughed at my pathetic attempt to push him away. “Listen, if you want out of this cell you have to promise me you won't try to escape once I open this door.” I hesitated, I could lie, but it might jeopardize my only chance to get out of this damn black hole.
My hesitation must have been obvious because his grip on me tightened and he pushed himself harder against me. His closeness angered me, and confused me all at the same time. The closer he got to me the more I wished he would get off, but for some reason his touch made me nervous... It scared me.
"Would you rather stay in here with me some more or get out, and go away from me?" I knew there was a smirk on his face the moment those words passed through those evil lips. If I was out of his grasps I would bitch slap it right off his stone face. Sadly though he knew exactly what I wanted.
"Fine."
The moment the words escaped my mouth he pulled me up, but just when I thought he was going to let me out, something cold, metal snapped tightly around my wrists... Handcuffs!
Pain sliced through my wrists as I tried to pull me hands a part, and he gripped my hands softly, rubbing the area that hurt. I yanked my hands out of his grasp.
"We can't have you trying to beat me up again now can we?" I snorted. He thinks these handcuff with keep me from kicking his dumb ass? Try me. Without any more hesitation he yanked the door open, and pulled me out into the blinding light.
The light shining pushed me into momentary blindness and I abruptly brought my hands up to shield my sensitive eyes.
With no regards to my eyes, he continued to pull me along the concrete halls, and my eyes burned, like salt had been dropped in them.
Bastard.
Eventually my eyes adjusted the the burning light and I quickly realized the hall way he was dragging me through had tons of steel doors Identical to the one he held me captive behind... I could only guess he held others behind those doors as well.
Jackass.
At the end of the hall way there was a oddly shaped door that opened up into an old elevator. Music filled my ears in the tune of “Jingle bells.” Oddly enough it comforted me to hear something at least humanly normal, I even almost wanted to start singing along, that is until the big bad vampire shuffled me into the elevators claustrophobic walls.
Trapped inside an elevator with no other companion besides a blood thirsty vampire did not appeal to my comforting thoughts, so without any other thought I edged as far away from him as possible.
He was creepy, probably even creepier then normal vampires.
So without further thought I picked out Jackasses new nickname, Creeper. Yep suited him just fine.
Memories surfaced at the chorus of the elevator music, bringing me back to the last night I saw the closest family friend I had ever known.
Flashback:
“Jingle bells! jingle bells! jingle bell rock!..” Christmas music was playing, the ground was shifting and something dinged as doors opened, leading me to only one conclusion. Jake was taking us somewhere in an elevator. Ten minutes had passed since he stolen me away from my birthday party with all of our friends and my mother to show me his surprise.
“Where are we going Jake?” I wined, my voice hinting off I was about to start my fantastic puppy cries. I was excited, I was curious and I was terrified. Jake has never done anything like this before... So why now? My eyes blinked against the blindfold he had so cleverly placed over my line of sight, but luckily I still had two other senses!
“shh it’s a surprise,” He scolded. A warm, soft finger pressed against my lips urging me to stay silent, and taking away yet another sense. Damn you Jake.
Grudgingly I nodded my head, and with his guidance continued to follow him up stairs down hallways, and through more elevators.
I sniffed, another sense telling me we were around food, because I smelled some major good cooking... Is that pizza? A burst of Cold wind pricked my nose as he opened a door hinting off to me that we were also outside. He suddenly stopped, and I stumbled into him until he caught me, holding me steady.
“We're here, you can take it off now,” He breathed closely to my ear, and I eagerly ripped my blind fold off. I gasped, surprised and overfilled with joy. We were on the roof of my favorite pizza place building, a picnic of my favorite supreme style pizza was lade out on a circular purple blanket, and a two plates perfectly styled, waiting to used.
“Oh my gosh, Jake!” I laughed, and threw my arms around his neck. He knew me so much better then anyone else, and no body else would have known my odd fascination with Eddie's home style pizza. He chuckled, then pulled back, happy with my response. “I'm glad you like it Em, I wanted to say goodbye in style.”
The grin that had so quickly spread across my face suddenly wavered, then disappeared. “What do you mean goodbye?”
A sad smile stayed on his face as he led me to the picnic before answering me. He sat down after I did, pulling a slice of pizza onto my plate. “I’m going away Ember. I won’t be coming back… I need you to promise me you won’t look for me.”
Confusion, panic and hurt hit me all at once, tears threatened to fall but I resisted their treacherous fall. My emotions must have been flashing across my face because he quickly continued, eager to take away my pain.
“I’ve found my real parents and they want me back. They can’t legally have me so I am running off with them. I’m telling you this because I want you to know I will always care about you and I want you to know the truth… This is goodbye.”
That was the last night I ever saw Jake again... He ran away that night, and the cops never found him... I never found him.
Flash back over:

"That room is where you will go if you disobey me. I am your master so you will obey. You will refer to me as master Graves, and I will punish you however I see fit. You are my slave, Understood?" Creeper asked, pulling me away from haunted memories and back to my living hell. He was looking at me with what I guessed was suppose to be authority but He looked more constipated than anything.
"I'm not your slave," I gritted my teeth. I was really rethinking that beat his ass with no hands thing because I wanted to knock the crap out of him.
He didn't respond to me but chuckled instead, then the doors opened, gifting me with the freedom from the elevator... Only to be yanked out and thrown.
My hands instantly went up to lesson the impact, but instead of hitting a stone hard floor, I landed on a soft brown couch.
I hastily sat myself up, and scowled at Creeper, but he paid no attention to me. Instead he made his way over to a long wooden desk, and picked up the phone. "Yes Grace I need you to come get one of my newest slaves, and escort her to the slave quarters, oh and watch out. She's a fighter," He hung up before anyone could respond, and sat down at his desk.
He then started messing with something on what I guessed was his computer, ignoring my presence in his office. Well I guessed it was an office because the walls were covered with books, there was a filing cabinet nearest the couch that I laid on. There were three exits, one was a small wooden door, the elevator we entered from and a set of double wide doors made of glass.
A soft knock startled me out of my inspection of Creeper's office, and followed with a small petite girl entering from the double wide glass doors. She looked about my age, with long red curls, bright green eyes, Rosie red cheeks, tan skin, and she looked scared beyond belief.
She quickly bowed to Creeper, and scurried over to me. I wasn't sure what to make of this girl but from the looks of it, she had been beaten into submission... And beaten well. She bowed!
"Take her," Creeper ordered, without even glancing up at her. He stayed glued to his pile of unorganized papers, while his lap dog bowed again with a squeaky “Yes Master Graves,” Then yanking me towards the door. I stumbled after her annoyed, but quite ecstatic when she relieved me of my handcuffs. Her hold was still on my hands though, because she pulled me out the door, eager to shut it... Sorry lap girl. I wedged my foot in between it, blocking it from shutting.
“Yo, Master Creeper!” I bellowed. He instantly looked up, his outraged gaze met mine, and I flipped him off. Content with the damage I had caused I moved my foot out of the way, and the Grace/ lap girl slammed it in Creeper's furious face before he could scream.
Ha Creeper got told.
Grace, flustered and annoyed with me, pulled me along, not bothering to hide her impatient eyes.
After what seemed like a maze of walking, she led me up a set of stairs, and right into what seemed like a lounge room filled with teenage girls. The walls were made of stone blocks, a fire place on the middle wall, and all the girls were clustered by it, desperate for warmth. Three brown old couches were placed around the fire place, but obviously not close enough because only three girls sat on them. Three unusual girls.
Two of them looked identical, leading me to the conclusion they were twins. Hair that flowed down to their mid arms and the color of honey brown. Round hazel eyes, long pointy noses that fit well in between their sharp cheekbones and pink skin. They both looked about “five' seven” in height, one of them was slightly thinner than the other, but looked as though the other one filled her curves beautifully. They both were wearing a blue knee length maid outfit that had short, puffy, white sleeves, and a black skirt look. Their facial expressions matched the rest of the rooms perplexed looks.
The other girl sitting down looked much shorter, maybe “five' three” with an average body weight. Her hair was the color of blood red, short to where it would pass as a boys hair cut but the long edged bangs that slid lower across her eyes evened it out, and she spiked up the short boyish parts, leaving the bangs to swoop naturally. Her eyes were a dark almost black color, and face was a little chubby, but in a way it looked good. Her maid outfit was like the others, except she had torn the sleeves off, and might I add it looked awesome. Instead of the copy cat shocked look, she gave me one of caution.
Awkward and what felt like alone, I just stood there. What was I to think of all of this?
“This is our girls lounge room, more easily understood as the one spot others may visit because the dormitories are off limits to others. Each one of us is roomed with three other roommates, and they are all down that hall to the left of the fire place. The other side is the boys dormitories, which is off limits us. This is your new home,” Grace spoke up, and stepped into my line of sight, all the girls perked up at the sound of her speaking, besides the three on the couch. It was as if she was their leader or something.
I nodded my head, then opened my mouth to respond, but she held up her hand and interrupted.
“Oh and a word of advice, Obey Master Graves, and you'll be fine, because either way he will break you. It doesn't matter if you're mad at him or not. We all were just like you, and let me tell you, it can be easy or it can be hard. Don't be an idiot, understood?” She stated, and her posture changed the moment she finished.
She didn't care if I understood or not. She thought I would bend to her new queen diva attitude like all her other clones. Well news flash Barbie doll, I'm not like you.
She glared at me and crossed her arms when she noticed my posture change also. My anger boiled, and fire burned inside my eyes. I stepped towards her, her panic quickly hidden, then I flipped the bitch off.
“I am nothing like you, and here's a news flash, I don't submit to people who try to push me around and you are wrong... I will not break.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it:) If you do please comment. Tis all I ask Of thee. heehee