Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

Roommates

“How dare you?” She gasped, her hand flying to her chest, faking innocents in the pissing off matter and the entire room irrupted in pissed of screeches. She backed up, her face facing me while her back was towards the girls. She glared at me and mouth a “Big mistake” while each one of her girls spat insults at me. Wow and they flipped because I told her that? I wonder what would happen if I smacked a ho.
“Everyone calm down! Now!” A voice suddenly hollered over the girlish cries. The red head girl that was sitting on the couch stood, and faced towards me. The girls immediately went quiet, eager to see what she had to say.
She leaped over the couch and walked closer to me, her head was cocked to the side, and her eyes focused on my steady frown. The room stayed silent, each pair of eyes on her but then she spoke. “My names Beth, and you're rooming with me,” She smirked.
The room exploded in squeals again, and Beth took hold of my upper arm quickly rushing me towards the left side of the fire place. Each one of the twin girls scurried after us, and down the hall.
…......
“So um... Hi?” I questioned awkwardly at the entrance of what was to be the room I shared with these three odd teenage girls staring at me might I add.
Thanks to Beth whom was sitting at a desk in the middle of the room, I was free of girlish screaming but now I was surrounded by awkward silence, and strange staring.
The twins were sitting on a bunk bed that was placed up against the west wall, with a tiny side dresser next to the bunk. Another bunk bed was in the room up against the east wall of the room, identical to the other with a closet on both sides of the room. A small window was visible on the north wall above the desk, but to my surprise it had bars on the outside, and red curtains were drawn open exposing them.
The walls were plain white, and the carpet was a rough brownish color. There was another door in the room, which I was really hoping it was a restroom, because I have to pee really badly.
You'd think that after I had been standing there for over five minutes one of them would stop staring at me and say something, but no. That's not what they want to do apparently.
“So, um thanks for the save back there,” I muttered, an the red head smiled. Her eyes still held a bit of caution but also a hint of humor. She stood up, and extended her hand out to me, welcoming me to what was to be my new life.
“As you probably heard back there, I am Beth. One of the only ones in this place that has any sense, and these twins over here are Ollie, and Ellie. The one Sitting on the top bunk is Ollie, and the one on the bottom is Ellie. If you have trouble remembering which is which, just remember Ollie has a small birthmark on the tip of her nose. The bottom bunk over there is your bed, and so is that desk. The bathroom is through that door right there,” She pointed to my desperately needed room.
“I'm going to be straight with you. We won't have any problems unless you start crap with us. Got it?" She smiled.
I smirked, entertained by her obvious gesture to the other room. “No problem as long as you aren't like that barbie doll, queen bee back there. I don't do well with orders. Now if you will excuse me, I have to pee.” She laughed as I rushed by to get to the restroom.
….

"Feel better now?" Beth chuckled as I skipped over to my bed, giving her a big thumbs up in the process of plopping down on the mattress. Her voice had a deep girlie melody to it, but I had to say this girl knows how to earn respect. She sat in the same chair as before I went to relieve myself thankfully, and the twins watched me cautiously, still a bit nervous.
“So what's your name?” Ollie spoke up, her tone was a bit questioning but at the same time intrigued. Her eyes watched me anxiously, while she fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. Ollie was the thicker of the two, with the curves I would have died for last year when I went through my gangsta stage... Don't ask!
She looked like like the kind of person you would see hiding in the back of the class, in hope of not being noticed. I smiled at her, sort of hoping to earn her trust some day before I break out of here. She seemed like my kind of friend. "My names Ember," I answered. Despite the curves she bore she still looked as fragile as her sister who perked up at the sound of my name.
“Ember?” Ellie questioned. Her face immediately turned bright red as she caught my gaze, embarrassed to blurting that out. "Sorry," She mumbled. I laughed, begging them to just chill, I promise I won't bite! Leave that for Master Creeper. " It's cool. My mom wanted something that meant fire, and it's the one she liked the most."
Ellie sat up straighter, suddenly very curious and hanging on to my every word. "Um. If you don't mind me asking, why did she want to name you something that meant fire?" She asked.
Normally I would be very uncomfortable about this subject, due to the fact my mother was just killed, but for some reason I felt a need to tell her, or at least answer her question. "Because During the pregnancy there were a lot of difficulties, and I made it through all of it. My mom believed that I made it through because I had a fiery soul.” She nodded her head.
"I like it." Ollie grinned.
"Thanks, so when do we get to eat?” I eagerly stood up.
My stomach growled, echoing my spoken words, and the twins giggled, not bothering to hide any more laughs. Beth turned back to the desk and yanking it open and pulling out a bag of potato chips. “Here eat these. Our dinner period has passed so you'll have to wait till breakfast to eat anything filling. We'll be getting up around five thirty, so I suggest we all get to bed after you eat. They gave our room an extra amount of duties tomorrow since we gained another roommate,” She finished and tossed me the bag of heaven.
“Wait do you mean five thirty in the morning?” I gawked at her. There was no way she was getting me up that early, and what does she mean by duties! My duty is to get the hell out of the insane house! She sighed, obviously she has to repeat this stuff often because she resisted it like a script.
“Each dorm is given a list of chores based on the amount of residents in the dorm. You are required to finish the list before noon in order for you to proceed to readying dinner for the Masters. Anyone who fails to complete the list in time with either face time in the cells, or be given a punishment of the masters choosing. You will report to the Ball room on the second floor to be given your list from the your assigned master.” She finished, letting out a huge breathe she had been holding in to finish that damn speech.
I sat, mouth hanging open, conflicted feelings of whether to be pissed off or impressed that she memorized that.
“What are these chores like? Also what do you mean assigned Master?” I asked, intimidated. She twirled around in her seat, staring at Ellie, her eyes telling her to take the lead. Ellie groaned, obviously taking the hint it was her turn to explain to the newb... A.K.A me.
“Each dorm is assigned to one master whom they obey over all master authorities, and must attend to their wishes whatever that be. There is a total of five masters in this household, and we are assigned to the eldest son whom will be taking over the family business. We are the luckiest dorm because well, he has never really done anything inappropriate like the stories we've heard from other slaves whom accompany visiting acquaintances of the masters. He is rare, even amongst his own home.” Ellie finished, eager to finish speaking, and Ollie took the lead this time without any need of informing.
“The chores are pretty basic, clean the dishes, do the laundry, dust the shelves, make the beds. That sort of thing. Our Master is also the nicest because he has not had a blood slave, ever. They complicate things sort of.” Ollie looked to Beth, suddenly nervous to continue so I spoke up, still a little confused.
“How are we lucky? All vampires suck blood, and what is a blood slave,” I retorted, getting pissed. I know I shouldn't be taking my anger out on her, but it frustrated me about how oblivious I was to everything around here. I knew absolutely nothing.
Beth sighed again, and the twins glanced at her nervously aware of my question. “A blood slave is one of the closest bonds a human may have with a vampire, it is a connection of blood. It also is a slave whom belongs to the vampire for life.” Beth spoke up, also avoiding the twins eyes. Suspicion was leaking into my thoughts. It seemed like she was leaving something out.
“Aren't we slaves for life anyways?” I asked.
“No we are not. Well at least me, and um my sister and you are not. We will serve the master for ten years then he will erase our memories, setting us free to live the rest of our lives in peace, a blood slave is the giver of blood to the Vampire, and will be that until the day they die.” Ellie explained, but I was not unaware to the fact she left Beth out of this.
“Beth why didn't she mention you?” I turned to her, confused. She avoided my eyes at first, an awkward silence filling the room, but then Ollie spoke up. “She's not a slave to the same master as us. She is a Blood slave to Master Rubin. She will be here passed our time. We are the only dorm to have different mastered slaves together.”
Beth's eyes finally met mine, sadness dwelled farther in them then I even imagined. She was here for life, while we all would be set free some day. Sympathy was not something I wear often so when I do it is obvious. Beth saw it immediately and shook off all her sadness with one shrug. “I got over it along time ago, not something I like being pitied about. It saves most of Rubin's girls from ever being put in a situation of disobedience when he has me.” I admired her for that. Despite her obvious distaste of most of those girls, she protected them from what was a threat to her.
“So um, how do they make you a blood slave?” Curiously, I watched her reaction to my question. Surprise lit up on her face but she looked to the twins before speaking. “Well, the main thing us slaves have realized is that when a vampire kill's a slaves family, cutting all ties to the outside world, they become a slave for life.” That was the moment all the blood drained from my face. My heart beat would have stopped at that moment if not for Ollie shaking me, trying to wake me from my trance.
Creeper killed my mom... No no no, this can't be happening.
“Ember what's wrong?” Beth asked, concern for me was something I was not use to since being taken, but I couldn't tell them.. I couldn't take the knowledge of it being true. Every fiber of my being was crying out, begging me to ask her if it was true, but I held my tongue.
She watched me, confused and concerned but she merely stood up and made her way over to the closet before pulling out blue t-shirt and a skimpy pair of shorts. “Here. These are your clothes to sleep in. Pretty much every girl in this place wears the same clothes due to the fact the master's like organization.” She informed, blessing me with a change of subject and a new though to process.
“Why are our outfits longer then the others? Most of the girls uniforms from what I've seen look trampy,” I scowled, well I tried. My mind was still buzzing, still scrambled. She smirked at me before looking at the twins. Ollie grinned at me and answer. “We have longer skirts because we have all been marked as the defiant ones, and our masters either show no interest in our bodies or they prefer to cover ours up from the males slaves. The other girls have taken on the submissive rolls, and our masters let them choose the length they want, which tends to be short.”
Despite my unease, and panicked thoughts, that seemed to please me quite a bit because if I was marked as a defiant one that meant Creeper had no interest and me, therefore meaning I was not his blood slave. “Wait if you're a blood slave, why are you marked as a defiant one that covers up?” I snorted, still highly confused and a bit relieved to have chilled my unnerving thoughts.
Beth frowned slightly and crawled up in her top bunch bed above me, her body out of my line of sight. For a moment I thought she was going to ignore my question and go right to sleep the moment Ollie shut off the light, but after a moment of silence and I was almost positive she was asleep she spoke. “I am marked as a defiant one because I fight my master every day, and he has me cover up because he does not want my boyfriend getting a free show.”
With that not another word was said, and the only sound I could hear was the twins squeaky snores, and Beth quiet cries. She had a boyfriend here even though she was claimed by someone else.
I realized right then and there as I laid in the comfort of my bunk bed blankets that I wasn't the only one that was suffering. All these slaves had been here longer than I, yet they still fight, or keep hope they will one day be set free. The sad part is, most of them have been tamed, or broken in as I would put it, but that was the difference between them and me. I will not break... Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if I don't make sense with some stuff lol, and sorry if there's miss spelling.. Oh and thanks for the comments!:)