Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

Blood Slave

Blood, tears, and screams echoed through my mind. My mom's bloody neck, tears falling from my eyes and her deadly screams replaying over and over. “Baby girl you have to run!” My mother cried out, begging me once more. I knew what was to happen, yet I said nothing besides, “Why mommy?” My hands stayed glued to her arm, my eyes on her petrified ones, and my lips trembling in fear.
She tried to grip my arm back, but her body weakened every second she tried to speak or be strong for me. “Because I can't let them take you away, I can't let them hurt you my angel,” She breathed, but her lungs weren't working like they should. Her air supply just wouldn't reach them, and she was slowly drowning in her own blood.
“Who take me? Mom who!” I screamed, begging her to answer me, to tell me who hurt her and why she was scared for me. Her eyes slowly shut, grip loosening on my arm and then then fell limp with her last word. “Angel.”
…...........
“Alright, everyone rise and shine all ho's alike! You've got fifth teen minutes to get your sorry asses out of bed and into the ball room for your assignments. Your time started the moment I spoke,” a loud girl cackled evilly through what was to be an intercom throughout the entire dormitories.
Sweat soaked my entire body, my heart pounded inside my chest wildly and silent tears were sliding down. Embarrassed, I wiped them away and crawled out of my bed along with the twins and Beth, who was making her way to the bathroom. “We each have two minutes to take a shower and freshen up. Time starts the moment you enter the bathroom. Dumbfounded I waited for my turn, doubtful that they would follow that plan but needless to say they did. Beth was out in two minutes flat with her torn maid outfit on and her body squeaky clean.
“You're next,” She nodded to me. Gratefully I rushed into the bathroom, and the games began. I've never taken such a fast shower in my life, but I managed to get out in two minutes an fifth-teen seconds. Ollie rushed passed me, a look of determination in her eyes and Beth raised an eye brow at me. “You over did your time.” I muttered a apologetic sorry and smoothed out my new uniform.
Yes I just said uniform. It was the same blue knee length maid outfit that had short, puffy, white sleeves, and a black skirt. I contemplated cutting mine off like Beth's but sadly I doubted I could pull it off as well as she does.
Right on time each of the twins finished their showers and we rushed out of the dorm into the lounging area. Beth rushed over to a fridge and cabinet area and ripped open the fridge. At first I thought she was grabbing herself something to eat, but then an apple got chucked right at my face... Thankfully I caught it.
”What the hell?” I scowled, panic was not my first reaction to situations like those. It was anger. “Figured you'd want something to eat. That is our breakfast, fruit. Eat it or don't. I could care less,” She shrugged and they rushed out the door. Apple in hand, I ran after them and took a big chunk out of that damn apple.
….........
“Alright everyone here that you see, Master?” Grace's snotty voice filled the room the moment we entered the ballroom. chandeliers hung from the ceiling lighting up the entire room, the walls and floors were made of intelligent gray marble and the room was the size of my house!
Grace stood in the middle of the room in the same maid outfit as me( Her skirt was ten times shorter!), holding a clip bored with what I assumed as our chore lists. Her gaze was solemnly rested on Creeper who stood next to her in a charcoal colored dress shirt, and black cackles. She stared at him, hungrily waiting for his response but he paid no attention to her. His eyes were on me... Douche bag. My eyes found his immediately and a shiver spread throughout my body, enraging me and confusing me even more.
My heart beat sped up as his eyes trailed down my body then coming back up to rest on my neck. I glared at him and turned away to find Beth watching our exchange, eying me wearily.
“What was that about?” She asked, her gaze flickering over my shoulder at Creeper. I didn't have to turn around to know Grace was sending daggers my way with her eyes, because Beth began to chuckle, then smiled at me. “Never mind, whatever's going on between you and Master Graves is pissing Grace off and is good enough for me,” She grinned, and before I could deny anything between me and Creeper she walked away from me and the twins to stand in a line on the opposite end of the room. She passed each and every slave girl in the front and stood ahead of them all, now in the front of that line.
“I wouldn't follow her Ember, that line is for my brother's slaves. You are over here,” Creeper spoke up as I took a step towards Beth. She stared ahead, deliberately avoiding my gaze and Creeper growled lowly, drawing my attention back to him. He was pointing at the front of the line in which Grace now stood at the front of.
Hesitantly I made my way with the twins to the back of that line, but Creeper cleared his throat trying to grab my attention again. I scowled at him, his presence starting to annoy me. “Front of the line please Ember, that is where you belong.”
Beth's and every single one of the rest of the slaves eyes snapped over to me, wide in shock, while Grace screeched loudly in outrage. “That's my spot!” She shrieked. I stayed rooted to my spot, while Creeper's gaze stayed glued to mine.
“Grace you are my slave, nothing more. You do not hold the same title as Beth and Ember, now Ember, move to the front.” He turned away. Grace furiously stomped her way over to me, and yanked me out of my spot, pissing me off and shoving me towards the front. Right when I was about to deck her in the face Creeper spoke up.
“Grace you will continue to hand out the list of Chore assignments until I deem Ember fit to take that position. She is not as trained as you yet, but once she takes her roll seriously she will have it. Understood?” He Ordered, his voice was full of authority and all Grace could think of as a reply was a fearful nod. Creeper turned away from her and then marched over to the front of the row where I stood.
I heard every foot step, every breathe come from him as he came closer, but I didn't dare move. Despite my need to disobey, something told me that right now was not the time for a temper tantrum.
“Each and every one of you is aware of our newest member Ember. Once she is trained properly you will all refer to her in the same manner as you would Beth. Now Grace, Beth please hand out the assigned work for the day.” Grace pulled a piece of paper from her clip board and handed it to Bethany for her line of girls, The she turned to me and glared.
“Each day we are given a list of duties to attend to and I divide it amongst all of us evenly but since I will be training you, you will have extra tasks to understand how it works,” She snapped, and handed me a piece of paper.
Before the paper could fall from her hands, Creeper appeared right next to me and snatched it mid air. He examined the list carefully, his eyes never wavering from the sheet but once he finished he looked up at Grace, disapproval plain to see. “This will not due for Ember schedule, she is to work with Beth at all times because I need her to learn from her. You will take this and Ember with accompany Beth.” Grace was obviously super mad at this, but she didn't utter word as she snatched that sheet of paper away from him and stormed off. I wasn't going to lie, I loved the fact she was furious on something caused by me but I was also super confused and angry at the cause of her anger... Creeper.
He noticed the sudden change it mood from me and his eye brow raised in humor. “Is something the matter? If you have an issue, Beth will show you how to solve it,” He replied. Frustrated I opened my mouth to respond but he turned around and rushed off immediately leaving me gawking at thin air.
“Hey are you coming? You can meet the guys, we clean together with them,” Beth called out to me, the twins rushing off with Grace and her possy of followers while Beth led me and another group.
This was going to be a long day.
…............
“Ouch! Watch it!” I growled as a book fell out of Beth's grasps and tumbled down the shelf and onto my head. She grinned down at me sheepishly, and continued to dust the book shelf. We were half way through our list of cleaning and only into four hours of the day. We were working on Creepers office, and Beth had kept true to Creepers command about me working with her, but most of the time she was chattering about the guy friends of her I would meet at our lunch break.
“They work on the yard till lunch then afterwards they finish up the day with us. You'll love Luke, he's a joker and Sam is incredibly smart, but he is taken,” She paused from her babbling and looked down at me with a territorial stare, and I laughed handing her another stack of dusted books to put back on the shelf.
“No worries from me Beth, I don't really care for relationship's. Too much baggage for my liking. I thought you were a blood slave though? How does that work?” I asked, confused and weary of her answer but she paused, mid book and sighed.
“I didn't choose to be his blood slave, nor did I want to. A blood slave is a sign of power to vampires and commitment. So in order to have a blood slave you must take them against their will. I have hated Him since. Sam was there for me when I rebelled, he helped me find happiness despite my lust for revenge. We all go through what you're now Ember, and we all eventually lost,” She smiled faintly at me, but I could see the sadness in her eyes. She was like me, he killed her family and took her. There was one thing she didn't understand though, I won't break like them.
“I can't give in Beth, I won't.”
She stopped, dropped the books down on the shelf, and immediately leaped off the ladder to stand in front of me, and gaze right at me. “You and I are the same Ember, you're just like me. We were both forced away from the family they killed, to be with a vampire whom we despise and we will never leave like the others will,” She exclaimed, her voice rising and her frustration peeked.
“We are here forever, and that is something you need to know. Grace hates you because you have something she doesn't, Master Graves. You're his blood slave Ember.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if I don't update fast enough lol I only have access to a computer every 2 weeks on weekends.