Status: (: Complete :)

A Little Piece of Heaven

-20-

"Michelle!" I squealed, as I wobbled over to her.

"Oh my gosh! Look at you! You're huge!" She yelled, her arms opening wide and hugging me tightly.

"Gee thanks. There goes another boost to my ego." I said sarcastically.

"You know you're still fucking gorgeous! Oh my gosh!" She squealed again, her eyes going to down to my belly.

"Can I?" She asked, her hands reaching out to touch me.

"Of course." I said with a smile.

She rested her hands on each side of my belly and a grin spread across her face.

"Wow. That is really something." She said with a smile.

"Tell me about it. I still think I'm gonna wake up and this'll all just be a dream." I said.

I looked around, getting confused for a second.

"Hey. Where's Mike at?" I asked her.

When I didn't hear a response from her, I turned and looked at her.

Her eyes were down on the ground and she looked like she wanted to cry.

"Michelle? Honey, what's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"We broke up." She said softly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Michelle. What happened?" I said.

"We've been fighting so much lately. I just wanted a break. Just to look at things, see if it's all really worth fighting for." She told me.

I looked at her and I could see the sadness in her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"It'll all work itself out sweetie. Mike just has to pull his head out of his ass first." I said.

"Why? What did he do to my sister?" A voice came from behind us.

"Val!" We both screamed at the same time, rushing over to her.

Well, as fast as I could rush over to her at least.

We both hugged her tightly, so excited to see her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We didn't even know you were coming." Michelle said.

"I heard you were coming, so I thought I'd stop by too. I've missed you both." Val said in a warm voice, wrapping an arm around each of us.

I grinned and laid my head on her shoulder.

"And look at you missy. You are one very pregnant lady. How are my niece and nephew doing?" Val asked with a grin.

"Niece and nephew? You're having a boy and a girl?!" Michelle exclaimed.

I nodded my head, a happy smile on my face.

"Goddamn are you lucky! Not only do you get two kids, but you get one of each!" Michelle said.

I couldn't help but laugh.

Me, Val and Michelle sat on the bus catching up on everything that we'd missed out these past few months we'd been apart.

I know it might seem weird with Michelle being here after all that happened.

But the past is the past.

And I know neither Michelle or Brian will ever hurt me like that again.

And as it turns out, Michelle really is a good friend.

And she's madly in love with my friend Mike.

So, I have no doubts about her being here.

And maybe she's right.

Some space away from Mike could do her some good.

"I'm so excited that you two are here!" I squealed happily.

I started jumping up and down and immediately stopped when I felt two warm hands on my waist.

I turned and smiled widely as I leaned back and laid my head on Brian's shoulder.

"You shouldn't jump up and down like that honey. The babies might fall out." Brian laughed.

I giggled as Brian's eyes widened when he saw Michelle.

He looked over at me and I could tell he didn't know what to think.

He obviously wasn't sure what I was thinking.

I smiled brightly up at him, my eyes sparkling, letting him know that I was perfectly fine with Michelle being here.

"Hey Brian." Michelle said with a small smile.

"Hey Michelle." He replied.

He looked down at me again and I nodded my head with a smile.

Brian leaned forward and gave Michelle a hug before turning to Val with a big grin on his face.

"Little sister!" He yelled, grabbing Val and hugging her tightly.

"Big brother!" She squealed.

"I've missed you!" He said.

Him and Val started to chat as I talked to Michelle.

I could see that she was nervous about being around Brian, and probably because of the fight that happened between us.

I wrapped my arm tightly around her shoulder and started walking a little distance away from Brian and Val.

"Honey, don't be nervous. Just relax. You're with family now." I told her with a reassuring smile.

I could tell that she felt relieved to hear me say that.

And with my arm wrapped tight around her shoulder, I brought her back over to where Brian and Val were talking.

I rubbed my stomach as my son and daughter started to kick violently.

I cringed as they kicked just a little too hard.

Brian must've seen it because he smoothed his hand over my stomach and the kicking settled down tremendously.

I smiled up at him in appreciation.

He's gonna be such a great father.