Status: Complete

Old Acquaintances Meet Again

Excuse Me?

"Melissa? Melissa Marts is that you?"

I turn around quickly and my mouth drops.

"Holy shit Bam how are ya?"

"I'm doing good. What are you doin here?"

"I'm skating today!"

"Oh thats awesome."

"Do you still talk to Raab?"

"Yea, he lives with me."

"Thats nice of you. Did him and Sam ever hook up after I left?"

"Yea they did for a little while but she kinda got caught cheating."

"Wow, I would never expect that from her."

"Yea we were pretty surprised. You know you never really told us why you had to move."

"Oh yea about that, I didn't know either till we got to North Carolina. Turns out my mom and dad had started seeing eachother again and had been for quite some time. Then he started
being a complete asshole to me so I moved out not too long after."

"Ah that sucks."

"Yea but I made it alright."

"Hell yea look at you."

Just then I saw a familiar brownish blonde haired man walk up to Bam.

"Hey Bam."

"Hey Raab, look over there and tell me if you know who she is."

Raab looks over at me questioningly and looks back at Bam.

"Umm I don't know but she looks familiar."

"Sam's friend."

"Uh. Oh! Holy shit, Mel!"

"Finally, I swear Raab your intelligence never ceases to amaze me," I say sarcastically shaking my head.

We all laugh when I see a pissed off woman come walking over towards us.

"Excuse me honey but my fiancee isn't interested so please fuck off."

"Excuse me? Did I hear you right? Raab, your engaged?" I asked confused.

"No, not me, Bam."

"Oh."

"Yea so fuck off because he isn't interested in some cheap slut," the woman spat.

"I'm sorry but I'm just an old friend of his from highschool. Turns out were both skating
today."

I can't believe this woman's nerve.

"Uhm Jenn this is my friend from high school, Mel."

"So ya'll are just friends?"

"Yea."

"Ok, I'm sorry bout that hun, a lot of girls that talk to him are cheap sluts tryin to get some ass
from a celebrity."

"It's alright."

We all stood around chatting for a few when Michael came over.

"Hey Mel, your supposed to be warming up."

"Yea ok, sorry guys but I gotta run."

"Alright Mel, it was nice seeing you again," Raab hugged me then started to walk away towards the crowd.

"Once again, I'm sorry for being such a bitch earlier, it was nice meeting you," Jenn then shook my hand and told Bam she would see him after the demo and gave him a kiss goodbye.

"I guess I better go warmup too. Hey Mel, you think your better than me?"

"Hmm maybe."

"Psh no one can beat me, I'm the best."

"Don't flatter yourself ya dip."

"Ha ha ha. That was so funny."

"Oh yes you know it was."

Bam and I continued talking while we warmed up. Not too long after the announcer came on and asked all skaters to clear the ramps so the demo could get started. I was on the sidelines stretching and watching all the other skaters when Bam's name was called to go up next. I watched him intently and was surprised when he went through the loop. Looks like he finally accomplished it. In high school he had his mind set on doing it without getting killed.

Hm he has definitly improved since the last time I saw him.

"Next up is newcomer Melissa Marts."

I snapped out of my daze and grabbed my board, walking out to the starting point.

"Melissa Marts, age 24 is from Westchester, Pennsylvania, just like Bam. So here she is."

I stood there waiting for my mark to go.

Why am I so nervous all of the sudden? I'm never nervous!