Rakastan

New Girl on the Block

The next morning I woke up to what sounded like caroling bells ringing. I heard laughter coming from below and unfamiliar voices. The night before replayed in my mind. When things had started to happen, Ville had stopped with no excuse. It was a very awkward pause and all he had said was “not tonight.” I wasn’t in some rush or expecting it, being able to sleep next to him was enough. However the abruptness with which he pulled away startled me. I had simply nodded and rolled over. He hadn’t put his arms around me or woken me up this morning. I was so confused. The uneasiness I had felt last night was creeping back up.
I sat up more and looked around the darkened room. I stood to remove the curtain from the window and a blinding light hit my face and I shielded my eyes.
“Oh good your up,” said a voice popping into the room.
I turned around bewildered but the person had disappeared.
I looked at myself in my jeans and sweater from the day before. I threw my hair into a ponytail and walked across the hall to the upstairs bathroom. My reflection showed sleep deprived eyes.
I decided to take the liberty to get done and hopefully the visitors would leave. I could get nervously shy.
Twenty minutes later I had showered, done my make-up and put clean clothes on. My shoes were downstairs as were the visitors still. At the bottom of the stairs I could hear voices coming from the kitchen and laughter.
“There you are,” Mige said showing his face behind me.
I breathed a little and settled back onto my feet.
“Ville,” Mige called and disappeared into the kitchen. He reappeared and took my hand.
“Bam, this is Jaclyn. Jaclyn, this is Bam,” Mige said forming introductions.
I looked at the man standing before me with his hair a mess and then at the fridge door that remained open.
“You two, come on out of there,” Bam said kicking the door.
“Ow,” a girl’s voice giggled and Ville echoed it.
My eyes widened but I closed them and reopened them, evaporating my tinge of jealous curiosity.
Who was she?
“I’m Bam,” Bam said extending his hand, but my eyes remained on the girl. Her arm was linked through Ville’s and his hand was on her waist. My face was aflame and the only thought I had was escape. Fortunately, I was a pro at this game.
“Jaclyn,” I said shaking his hand, although it was pretty awesome to be meeting him.
There was an awkward silence and the girl and Ville still maintained their pose.
“So how do you know Ville?” Bam asked.
“We’re friends,” Ville piped up.
“Welcome to the circle,” Bam said raising a beer.
“Welcome,” the girl chimed in and burst out laughing.
I was annoyed. Ville’s hand left her waist to grab a beer, he extended it to me.
“I’m okay,” I said and waved my hands.
“Are you on sobriety like Ville?” the girl asked.
Was that even correct grammar?
“No, it’s just early,” I said looking out the window.
What’s my excuse going to be?
“It’s really awesome meeting you all,” I said, “but I have to go check up on some things back at school.”
“Your leaving?” Bam asked.
“Yeah, but I’ll..”
I’ll what? Be back?
I didn’t know what to say so I just smiled and gave a curt nod.
“She’ll be back,” the strange girl said.
“Yeah, just call me,” I said.

Bam nodded and Ville let go of the girl to walk me to the door.
I felt like I was in a trance.

He didn’t touch me, he didn’t kiss me goodbye, he didn’t do anything.
He just opened the door, said good-bye and closed it behind me. I faced the front the entire time, not looking back. My heart was so confused.
What was going on?
More importantly, who the hell was that girl?
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I am so so so sorry. School got crazy busy, my laptop crashed. :( My apologies <3