Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

32. Who Will Be The Witness?

***************
Gabe’s POV

“Well well well, they weren’t kidding when they said you went into hiding.” I strolled into the room seeing the back of a tall brown haired man in the middle of this living room as some would call it.

The room had a few furnishing but looked as if left from the eighties and hadn’t been touched since. I could see Dallon’s form clearly in the low light, next to a table with a bottle of whiskey, Dallon never drank unless under stress and it’s all he would drink, but was enough to tell me that Dallon’s mind was racing.

Dallon turned hissing at the fact someone dared intrude on his home, “Who are you?!”

“What don’t you recognize me Weekes?”

I walked towards the center of the room and Dallon’s eyes narrowed, “Saporta, what are you doing here?”

“Come on now, aren’t you supposed to be psychic?”

Dallon didn’t look pleased, “What do you want?”

I couldn’t help but shrug, “I need a favor.”

“Why should I help you?”

I honestly wasn’t surprised by Dallon’s demeanor. Dallon had spent, what was it, the last century alone? Had it been that long, it couldn’t have been long. I wasn’t sure anymore, dates never mattered especially if you’re a part of the undead.

Regardless I was going to have to tread softly. I didn’t need Dallon to see through my plan. I didn’t know why there was a ting of worry in me, there never was. I quickly crushed the feeling and restored my confidence, this would work.

“Because if you don’t,” I let myself pause, “You won’t know that Beckett is planning to come kill you.”

“Keep talking.”

“Well, here’s the thing,” I placed his hands on the couch separating Dallon and I. I quickly pulled my hands off to dust them off on my pants; it really hadn’t been touched, “William took my girl Ashley and my right hand girl and is plotting to kill me and then come after you. I guess he’s still angry with you. Anyways, I figured I’m swing on down and tell you to see if you wanted to work together.”

“How do I know you’re not lying?”

“Brendon Urie will be here soon with one of my best friends asking to remove my mark over her so he can have her. She was a part of my clan and William took her clan right from under her.” I walked around the couch to stand in front of Dallon, “Besides, I followed them here.”

“Do they know you’re here?”

“No,” I truthful smile and put my hand out, “Look, let them come so they can tell their story, do your part, and then I’ll come back and we can talk about plans on what the hell we were going to do.”

Dallon wasn’t sure but shook my hand. I’m sure he was willing to see if Brendon would come, he knew how much of a puppet Brendon had been to William even when he had complete control of the Dandies. Besides, he could kill me if I was lying.

***************
Jess’s POV

“Are we there yet?”

“Jess,” Brendon stopped in his tracks, “For my sanity and yours, shut the hell up.”

I smirked, “What? Can’t I have my fun?”

“Not without me wanted to kill you.” Brendon pulled me into his embrace, “And I don’t want that.”

“I just want to know how much longer, I’m bored.”

Brendon tilted his head to the side looking hurt, “You don’t like my company?”

“I love it, but I just want to be there already.”

“Soon.”

I hadn’t known that he wasn’t kidding, within about two more streets we stopped in front of a house that was falling in on itself. It looked like it as condemned or about to be. Brendon pulled my by the hand around the side and towards the back seeing a mess of greens of an untamed jungle.

We weaved through the tangles and managed to reach the back door. Brendon slowly opened the old screen door and pushed the back door open. We walked in and I closed the door letting the room seal in its musty environment. How was someone living here?

We walked through the main floor seeing old remains of some family. I could see a old stove with parts of the collapsed ceiling on top of the range. Not to mention inches of dirt laying the floor and abandon furniture that reeked of god only knew what. We kept moving and I observed more lost belongings before Brendon led me to a door. It led downstairs and I felt my stomach sink, this wasn’t safe.

“Dallon? It’s me Brendon. I’d like to speak to you.”

Brendon slowly led us down to the basement seeing more life in the house down here then upstairs. This looked livable and didn’t smell half as bad as up there. Dallon was really hiding and well.

It took me a few seconds to see a man across the room from us, “Hello Brendon.”

Brendon let go of me and place his hands up defensively, “I mean you no harm Dallon. I just need to talk to you.”

“I know.” He pushed off the wall and placed his hand out palm up offering us a seat on the couch, “Please, take a seat.”

Brendon walked forward and it took me a few seconds to grab the courage to go over there near Dallon. I sat down next to Brendon and let Dallon look me over, “You must be Jess.”

“Yeah,” I smiled weakly.

“You don’t need to be afraid of me; I have no reason to hurt you.” Dallon tucked his hands into his pockets and looked over at Brendon, “You on the other hand dare show your face here?”

“Dallon,” Brendon’s voice was soft and submissive, “I don’t mean to offend you and I know you still hate me but I need a favor.”

Dallon’s eyes narrowed, “Why should I help you?”

“Because you were right, William is crazy. I just need one thing and then I can get out.”

Dallon took a step closer, “Do you think he’ll let you? Just walk out the front door and call it quits?”

Brendon nodded, “Yes, yes I do, because he’s found himself a new obsession, thanks to you.”

Brendon went off about William finding Ashley, how he’s been revolving his whole life now around her and not taking control of the Dandies. How there has been fights with clans and all William cares about is Ashley like how Dallon had predicted. I kept my mouth shut letting Brendon take the floor in the direction he needed.

Dallon turned to me, “Is this true?”

I nodded, “Yeah, pretty much. William wouldn’t let me near her, thought I was some kind of threat. Including most of the clan as well.”

I refused to say why I was a threat but he didn’t ask. He looked back and forth at us and Brendon gripped onto my hand squeezing it lightly, he knew I was worried. Dallon was a powerful guy as Brendon had said and I didn’t want to piss him off, or see how strong he really was.

“Look Dallon, I know you hate me but I’m just trying to get out sooner than later.”

“And what? You come here to tell me I was right? That William is having his downfall?”

Brendon shook his head, “No Dallon, I’m just in need of a favor.”

“Which is?”

“I need you to help me override a mark in a sense; I want her as my own. She was turned years ago but I know you can help me with that. That’s all I came here for, not to insult you. I just need your help.”

“I don’t have the power to do that.”

“Yes you do, Dallon that’s all I ask and you’ll never see me again. No one followed me and no one will come looking for me. Please, Dallon. You’re safe and what I ask is small.”

Dallon stood quiet for a few minutes before speaking up, “Fine, I’ll do it. Then leave and never come back here again.”

************
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by me Jess, I wanted to wait till new Mibba set in before I updated because no one was getting email notifications. I learned that the hard way, anyways let us know what you think and please! Please hit recommend at the top of the page. We'd love you to.