Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

31. ***ed In Love

***************
Alpha’s POV

“So how is William going to take you taking me to Dallon to get marked instead of him?”

Brendon snorted as he dropped the now deceased human to the ground, “Between you and I? William’s not strong enough. Yes, he’s stronger then us but not enough of what I need. So I think he’d agree it would be for the better. I mean, Gabe did mark you so we have to break that and Dallon should be strong enough but William? God no. And besides, William didn’t want you in the house.”

I leaned against the wall as he licked what he could of the blood off of his face, “So you told me part of the story. You said Dallon could see the future, why would William be upset about Ashley?”

Brendon moved to the human girl that had passed out at the sight of them before Brendon fed off the male. He offered it to me but I shook my head. He shrugged and dived his fangs into her bringing her impossible closer to him. I soon heard his voice in my head as I continued watch him feed, “William had a human named Isabelle that he loved and they were expecting a child when Dallon told him about Ashley. The next day Isabelle had complications with child birth and died. Dallon can’t see everything but William didn’t get that. Huge fight, then Dallon left.”

I furred my eyebrows, “No offense, don’t do the psychic talk alright? It’s hard enough trying to keep Gabe out.”

Brendon pulled away from the human smirking and a playful tone in his voice, “Why? You afraid I’ll find something in your head that you don’t want me to see?”

I rolled my eyes, “No, I can assure you that.”

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I laughed, “You sure?” He appeared in front of me with the human still in his arms attitude now serious, “You need to feed. Take some.”

I lifted her arm and looked at her unconscious and half dead form, “Preteen isn’t exactly my preference.”

Brendon forced her body my way and I pushed off the wall so I could catch her, “Feed. We don’t have much time and if Gabe really is following us I’m sure he’ll put up a fight.”

I glared, “I can handle Gabe. I know him better then you think.”

Brendon sighed heavily and looked out at the street from the ally we had hid in, “Let’s not have the awkward ex’s conversation alright?”

Brendon leaned his back against the wall trying to be as flat as he could. I watched as a young male walked by Brendon and Brendon just snatched the teenager into his grip. Brendon snapped the fragile neck and looked at me, “Is this better?”

I let the human girl that was half dead fall to the ground and walked over to Brendon to take the male to feed off of because I knew Brendon wasn’t going to let me off the hook. I sighed taking the male from him and sank my fangs into him soon realizing I was hungry and these seemed to feel that hunger.

I dropped the lifeless boy and Brendon looked at me for a second before turning away, “Need another?”

I wiped my mouth off with my sleeve, “I’m fine Urie.”

Brendon turned around and hissed with his fangs barred. I furred my eyebrows before I heard someone behind me. I whipped around and saw Vicky T, one of Gabe’s closer members, behind me looking at the girl I had dropped. I knew then Gabe was close and Brendon and I needed to get out of here fast before we had a confrontation with Gabe.

“Shit,” I mumbled as a Dandie passed me and lunged himself at her and I felt Brendon pull me back towards the street, “Let’s go, now.”

“Brendon we need to move fast.”

We picked up the pace and I continued to let him pull me along, “I know, come on.”

Brendon stopped in front of me and I walked right into him, “Now don’t leave too fast, you haven’t had dessert.”

I looked over Brendon’s shoulder and saw Gabe, “Brendon. Plan b?”

Brendon had turned his head towards me, “You said you could take Gabe right?”

I nodded even though I didn’t want to fight Gabe. He turned me and I still loved him but I hated him at the same time. I was stuck being marked by a different vampire just to survive and Gabe pretty much abandoned me. No to mention he took a decent chunk of my clan away from me. Gabe had cards against him and I didn’t want to have to go against him. I had a lot of respect for him but he pretty much was trying to kill me and Urie and I couldn’t have that. I wanted to live and have my own clan. Hell, even if I had to be under William’s foot for a while. Then again, I could see why Gabe was angry, I was betraying him and I think he was realizing that and that
I wasn’t going to do what he wanted anymore.

And as much as he hated it, I was going to stop him from hurting Ashley. Gabe wasn’t exactly the good guy here. I didn’t know if William was either but I’d rather see her with William then Gabe. I knew what Gabe was like and I wasn’t going to let anyone go through that.

“I’ve got this.”

“Make it fast.” Brendon moved away from me and closer to the street and I heard him in my head again, “Let me know when you’re alone and I’ll find you.”

I nodded slightly and looked at Gabe who seemed to be waiting for us to make some kind of move first. I stood my ground knowing that if I did fight Gabe, he’d hand me my ass because he and I both knew that he was the stronger one.

Brendon disappeared and Gabe stood tall, “What the hell are you doing?”

I shrugged and he smiled weakly, “Exploring my options.”

“You’ve been pushing me away, betraying what we have, and now you’re running with Urie to find Dallon for god only knows what? I knew I shouldn’t have let you go near him.”

My eyebrow rose in question and my head tilted, “What we have?”

Gabe ignored me, “Seriously, what the fuck are you doing? Your job was to get in there, get close to Urie and get the weak spots of that clan so I could take it down.” Gabe shook his head forcing out a laugh, “Now you got yourself all tangled in Urie letting him play you as a marionette to cut you out of our clan. You said it yourself that Brendon was trying to get you against me and he has.”

“Our clan?” I glared at him, “No, obviously we’re not a team Gabriel. You’re the one that took half of my men, forced them to do what you want and then make me a toy to play with. Not Urie, you did. I tried shutting you out because you were going to blow my cover and yet you didn’t listen, you just pressed for your thoughtless plan. And now so that William thinks I’m a good guy I have to go break my bond with you to get marked by Brendon.”

Gabe’s face became emotionless, “You’re going to Dallon to get Brendon to mark you?”

“Yes, what did you think we were doing? Huh? Getting Dallon to kill you or something? Brendon and William want my bond with you eliminated and I do too. At first I wanted to go with it because then they’d trust me but I don’t think I want to screw them over for you anymore.”

Gabe let out a snarl and he appeared right in front of me and forced me near the closest wall to pin me against it. I fought under his grip but he slammed me back against the cold brick wall to stop moving and struggling. I groaned in pain and force that Gabe used against me. His face was close to mine with his fangs barred and I swallowed the lump in my throat remember the time he did kill one of his clan members by taking their head clean off in one swipe.

“Don’t you think for one second that you’re going to betray me. I assure you, it won’t be your men that you’ll lose. I don’t know what game you’re playing but I marked you when you were human, I choose you, I took you in, and I turned you. You belong to me and you’ll do exactly what I say. And if you think for once second that that little bond you’ll have with Brendon is stronger then ours you’re sadly mistaken.”

I spoke telepathically, “Gabe you’re hurting me.”

He looked down at me and his eyes were fierce with his voice in my head loud and clear I could here such fury and bitterness, “I don’t care if you love him or what but do not play me. If I find out that you’re really betraying me I’ll kill you. I love you just like I do Ashley. You’re one of my favorites and don’t make me kill you.”

I was glad Brendon couldn’t hear us this way, “I promise Gabe. I just have to keep the charade going. I need Brendon and William to trust me.”

I saw a smile flash across his face for a second, “You’ve gotten better at acting. Promise me you’re just getting marked because you want his trust. Well, and if you love him too I guess that’s another.”

I spoke this time, “Gabe.”

I didn’t even know how to answer him. I mean, I wanted to be on Gabe’s side but I was tired of being a pawn and the time I had spent with Brendon had been such an eye opener. I might not have had much time with Urie but he was a fun guy and I liked him. I could be myself, with Gabe I had to be what he wanted me to be. That’s why I left the first time.

Gabe nodded smirking in a devilish way and if I panicked, I didn’t like that look, “You can––”

Gabe cut me off, “One way to know the truth, you still are marked by me.”

I was about to question him but before I got the chance he had moved to expose my neck to his fangs and they sank into my throat. I let out a hiss and Gabe pressed his body against me to hold me in place. I was screwed now, Gabe was going to see I was seriously pondering on betraying him and that it was most likely going to result in me betraying him.

He pulled away I could see hurt in his eyes, “You’ve become a very good actress.”

He backed off from me and I watched him talk a few steps back, his composure back to its bold self, “Go. Go get marked, be with your boy toy but just you wait. I’m going to take down that clan and if you don’t help, I’ll kill you and your precious Brendon. I’m giving you a chance here Jess. Do not betray me.”

I nodded, “I won’t Gabe.”

“No matter what Brendon says or William, I care for you. You’d be stupid if you didn’t believe that. I trust you more then anything and if I find out your trying to take me down I’ll kill you. I won’t think twice.”

He disappeared and I sighed in relief. That was a little smoother then I thought it’d be. I tried to send a mental note to Brendon to find me but I didn’t think we’d have too strong of a bond since I still was under Gabe. I mean, only Brendon could talk to me telepathically and I couldn’t really to him, it was like a one way path.

“You alright Jess?”

I looked to see Brendon looking concerned in front of me, “Yeah, I’m ok.”

I saw him step closer and he looked at the blood that had trailed down to my shirt coating it, “Well, he didn’t kill you.”

I tried to smile but I bit my lip feeling fear, “Yeah. I guess. Did you hear any of that?”

He shook his head and I believed him, “No, but I can tell you that I won’t let him hurt you. You look scared and I’m sure he threatened you but I won’t let him touch you.”

“Brendon.” I looked down the road and back at him, “Do we have to go back to William after this?”

----------x--------

Gabe’s POV

“That son of a bitch Urie. I’m going to kill him if he messes this up.”

I paced on top of the building I was walking on watching Brendon and Jess from the ground. Vicky T ignoring me feeding off of some human she found and it seemed to fuel my anger. I called her out on not listening to me and she rolled her eyes. I would have killed her if I didn’t need her.

“You knew he was going to mess with Jess.”

“I know. Alright?! I know!”

I shook my head. No, I wasn’t going to let Brendon mess up my plans and take my Jess. Fine, let him mark her and I’ll just kill him. Then I’ll work with Jess to get her back on my side. Simple as that. I knew it’d be harder but it was going to work for me.

Though, that’s when I had an idea.

I’d follow them to Dallon with Vicky T. I’d meet with Dallon. Tell him that William took Jess from me to make me weak because William would know I would be at a loss due to Jess being so close to me. I could tell Dallon that William did this because he was planning on taking over all the clans and destroying certain ones maybe even mention that William wanted to take Dallon down.

I laughed, this was sweet. Dallon would believe me I’m sure and willing to help me. I could even bring in that Ashley was also mine and William took her from me. Dallon might buy that as well. If I played my part right, Dallon would believe all these components and work with me to attack William. Oh, this was going to be fun.

***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, chapter by me. I apologize it's taking us awhile. Ashley is busy and then my mom's death put a stop to all of my writing. Thank you for what messages I did get of your concerns and I'm very grateful we have readers like you. You make writing worth it because you're so supportive.
I hope you guys had a good holiday unlike I did.
Please, comment and subscribe. Your voice fuels us. :)
-Alpha
Also, what do you think of the new layout?